Wk 2 postgame: GB 29 •MIN 29 (OT)

Cakeshoppe

3 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Since when the eagles pay 11 of the 18 million? Or am I reading that wrong

Sorry, I wrote that wrong. They had already paid $11 million before Vikings were on the hook with $18. Regardless, you are right, it will be interesting to see how it works out with Cousins contract. 

I have also heard a lot of Vikings fans not pleased with the performance of Anthony Barr. He seemed to be a non-factor Sunday. I don't remember even hearing his name except for the one play he chased Rodgers out of bounds and held back from laying a hit. I know this would probably be an unpopular opinion around Packers nation, along with never happening because of Vikings being a division rival plus the "hatred" for Barr from last year, but I would trade a 3rd round pick for Barr at this moment to bring him to the Packers. I said it from draft night, I think that body type/style needs to be in a 3-4 defense. Zimmer probably utilizes him ways a 3-4 would, but I think he signs somewhere this offseason with a 3-4 team and wreaks havoc next year. Thoughts?

11 minutes ago, MaryTsraining3s said:

Sorry, I wrote that wrong. They had already paid $11 million before Vikings were on the hook with $18. Regardless, you are right, it will be interesting to see how it works out with Cousins contract. 

I have also heard a lot of Vikings fans not pleased with the performance of Anthony Barr. He seemed to be a non-factor Sunday. I don't remember even hearing his name except for the one play he chased Rodgers out of bounds and held back from laying a hit. I know this would probably be an unpopular opinion around Packers nation, along with never happening because of Vikings being a division rival plus the "hatred" for Barr from last year, but I would trade a 3rd round pick for Barr at this moment to bring him to the Packers. I said it from draft night, I think that body type/style needs to be in a 3-4 defense. Zimmer probably utilizes him ways a 3-4 would, but I think he signs somewhere this offseason with a 3-4 team and wreaks havoc next year. Thoughts?

Didn't they just give him a big extension?  They aren't trading him for a 3rd

36 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Since when the eagles pay 11 of the 18 million? Or am I reading that wrong

In a stunning move that thrusts Minnesota right back into the NFC North arms race, the Vikingsexecuted a blockbuster trade for Eagles quarterback and former No. 1 overall pick Sam Bradford on Saturday, the Eagles announced.

The Vikings gave up a first-round pick in 2017 and a fourth-round pick in 2018 that can become a third- or second-rounder based on conditions -- a massive price to pay for what could amount to one season of work. The Eagles paid $11 million of Bradford's salary as part of the deal, which means Minnesota will only be on the hook for $7 million in 2016, according to NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000694979/article/sam-bradford-traded-to-vikings-for-two-draft-picks

13 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Didn't they just give him a big extension?  They aren't trading him for a 3rd

I agree, Barr isn't getting traded for a 3rd.  Minnesota has not extended him yet though, he's playing on his 5th year tender.  They'll get a 3rd if/ when he leaves in UFA.

Just now, SSG said:

I agree, Barr isn't getting traded for a 3rd.  Minnesota has not extended him yet though, he's playing on his 5th year tender.  They'll get a 3rd if/ when he leaves in UFA.

The certainly aren't trading him to Green Bay probably not even for a 1st.

2 minutes ago, eyecatcher said:

The certainly aren't trading him to Green Bay probably not even for a 1st.

Hence why I said "being a division rival, it wouldn't happen." I wanted to hear from the Vikings fan his opinion on Barr's play as of late. I know a lot of Vikings fans have been frustrated with him dating back to last year. I mean, the guy just got stonewalled by Jamal Williams for a 3 second count along with getting 1 arm tossed to the ground by Lane Taylor. Point being, I know he has been struggling, but how bad has it been. I've always been intrigued by Barr dating back to draft night.

8 minutes ago, MaryTsraining3s said:

Hence why I said "being a division rival, it wouldn't happen." I wanted to hear from the Vikings fan his opinion on Barr's play as of late. I know a lot of Vikings fans have been frustrated with him dating back to last year. I mean, the guy just got stonewalled by Jamal Williams for a 3 second count along with getting 1 arm tossed to the ground by Lane Taylor. Point being, I know he has been struggling, but how bad has it been. I've always been intrigued by Barr dating back to draft night.

I’m curious what Vikings fans think also.  They’ve watched him much closer than most us.  He was nearly MIA last Sunday - except for the little conversation he had with Rodgers that the network had a field day with.

42 minutes ago, MaryTsraining3s said:

I think he's been pretty disappointing as a pass rusher but maybe he'd be better if he focused on it more. It's hard to say what his job is on the different plays but he hasn't made many splash players lately but I don't think he's made that many mistakes. Other Vikings fans would know a lot more than me.

He won't be traded but there is a chance you could sign him as a fa after this season

54 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

I’m curious what Vikings fans think also.  They’ve watched him much closer than most us.  He was nearly MIA last Sunday - except for the little conversation he had with Rodgers that the network had a field day with.

The viking fans I know would trade Barr to GB for a 1st rounder in a second. Hasn't lived up to expectations and doesn't have a huge desire to football.

4 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Awesome.

replacement refs situation  2.0. Packers get screwed over before anything happens.

Uncomfortable ? How about embarrassed and ashamed ? I still think the NFL covered their azzes because that play, just like the Seattle debacle, directly affected a W-L. Had they admitted an error, the outrage would have been non-stop

25 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:
Awesome. Replacement refs situation  2.0. Packers get screwed over before anything happens.

There were a bunch of roughing the passer calls in last nights PIT/TB game. I mean a lot of them.
Here we were all concerned about this helmet to helmet stuff - and this roughing has become the "Penalty Call Du Jour"

On 9/21/2018 at 11:35 AM, SSG said:

The Vikings are basically walking away from him after this year. They paid everyone else and won't be able to afford him going forward. I wouldn't be shocked if Gute made a run at him in FA, seems to be versatile player that Pettine would want. Would be an interesting addition to the locker room with all of the history with Rodgers. 

22 minutes ago, TheBitzMan said:

The Vikings are basically walking away from him after this year. They paid everyone else and won't be able to afford him going forward. I wouldn't be shocked if Gute made a run at him in FA, seems to be versatile player that Pettine would want. Would be an interesting addition to the locker room with all of the history with Rodgers. 

I can agree with this, I think the Vikes let Barr walk. Don't forget that Sheldon Richardson is a free agent too and he's been phenomenal so far.

Barr had a disastrous performance against the Bills and has mostly been a non factor this year.

Barr has usually been solid in run support and coverage. Barr has not proven to be an effective edge rusher and he gets very little opportunities in the Vikes defense. When Barr is used as a pass rusher, which isn't often, he's usually shooting the A gap or stunting.

Im content receiving a third round comp pick as a 3-4 team attempts to convert him to being an edge rusher, it's a risk. For someone as physically as impressive as him, you'd expect much more. 

Archived