Do You Care About the Dolphins' 2-0 Start?

footbull3196

Do you care about the fact that the Dolphins have started 2-0?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Do you care about the fact that the Dolphins have started 2-0?

• Yes, theyll finish at least .500
    • No, theyre still fodder for the Patriots

Just now, BlaqOptic said:

The whole dismissive of "Top 5 pick" argument after two weeks as if that's still not possible. Granted, the Phins could go 16-0 but they could also go 2-14. Celebrating anything after two weeks as being 'right" or "wrong" is ludicrous.

We had legit 3 and 4 win predictions from here and all over the NFL. Excuse me if I laugh at some of those predictions.

I'm not really dismissive of that argument, I just never believed it. I've said on here countless times that worst Dolphins' team have won at least 6 games. 

I mean Miami won 6 games last year with one of the worst O-lines, players not listening to the coaches, no bye week, Jay Cutler at QB, a harder schedule, and so on. I don't think it makes me a homer to think they'll probably finish with a better record. I mean Miami almost got shut out week 2 last year in NY and today they were a couple of sloppy plays from potentially blowing out the Jets on the road. I mean they were up 20-0 at half time.

Like I said, Tannehill is 9-1 in the last 10 games and Gase is 10-5 with Tanny at QB. I've seen this team pull wins out of their *** under Gase. I would say that's best quality about Gase's teams. 

1 hour ago, Ajayii said:

We had legit 3 and 4 win predictions from here and all over the NFL. Excuse me if I laugh at some of those predictions.

Some were predicting Miami to the have #1 pick in the 2019 draft...

A playoff team loses their QB to knee surgery and he misses a season. QB returns from knee surgery, wouldn't the logical prediction be "challenge for the playoffs again?" 

Nope, not really. Wins against a titans team that ran out Blaine Gabbert for a chunk of the game and then a win against a  not  great Jets team traveling back home on a short week just doesn't do it for me. 

But hey, I wasn't sold on Buffalo last year as a possible playoff team for most of the season either. 

51 minutes ago, FinSting said:

A playoff team loses their QB to knee surgery and he misses a season. QB returns from knee surgery, wouldn't the logical prediction be "challenge for the playoffs again?" 

Were the Fins really a playoff team the year before though? They kind of got in based on an incredibly easy schedule and then got spanked. Worst team in the league this year? Almost assuredly not because Buffalo is a dumpster fire. But playoff caliber just because of ditching two headcases?

They're still lousy (to steal a line from the great "Major League").  Tannehill makes just enough plays to be an average starter and the defense does look better than I expected, but they haven't exactly faced any juggernauts yet.  All it will take is a single game versus anybody legitimately expected to be in the playoffs this year to bear this out...

2 hours ago, FinSting said:

I don't think anyone thought that they would be the worst team in the NFL when teams like the Bills and Cardinals exist.

Also they really weren't that great of a team in 2016, they had an extremely easy schedule and got blown out in the wild card round to a much superior team.

To answer this post: I mean it obviously increases their chance of potentially making the playoffs just by the fact that they are 2-0. If 9-7 is enough to get a wild card in the AFC this year then they only have to go 7-7 to do that now.

But I don't think the Dophins are all of a sudden a good team now. They aren't winning the AFC East unless Brady suffers a season ending injury.

They may sneak in as a wild card similarly to how they did in 2016, but I'm not sure I would even call them the favorites to do that at this point.

Archived