NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Jim Schwartz' poor defensive scheming late in games cost the Eagles 3 wins last year when Wentz was starting. And you're bringing up something that wasn't even being talked about. His 2013 season, where nobody knew how to counter Chip Kelly was a fluke, and there is a clear traceable answer as to why Foles' numbers are so much higher in that season than the entire rest of his career. Jeff Fisher didn't do him favors but lets not pretend that Foles was a franchise guy outside of those years either. Carson clearly is, health permitting. 

Everybody knew how to counter Chip when Mike Vick (86.5) and Matt Barkley(44.6) played in 2013 since they combined for 5 TDs and 7 picks compared to Foles 27 to 2 (117.2 rating) This was about 220 drop backs with those guys to about 420 for Foles so it was not a small sample size.

• Foles was 14-4 with Chip.
  • All his other QBs combined were 12-17 in Philly and 2-14 in SF but yeah... Foles was just a product of Chip Kelly
  • Apples to Apples .. I like them Apples

Keep flinging the fat pitches. I will keep hitting them into the upper decks.

• Want to try something about Foles not reading defenses or not being fast enough in a foot race?
  • How about you did not like his style in going 6-2 in 2014 because those 2 picks in a 27-0 win over the Giants set the franchise back 5 years?

Foles played 11 games for Jeff Fisher on a team that was moving so it had no fan support.

• He faced 8 playoff teams in 11 starts.
  • Gurley did not play in the first 2 and he went 6 carries for 9 yards in game 3.
    • He went 9 for 19 in another game and 25 for 66 in another.
    • When Gurley ran for 100+ on that garbage team, Foles was 3-1

Lets not pretend Carson Wentz would be better than 4-7 on the same team.

• Heck, Wentz was 5-6 on a team that was 1 play from the NFCCG. (because Foles)

I want Wentz to grow up to be Nick Foles this year. They probably go to the Super Bowl if he does.

Edited by SkippyX

18 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

fekyghtk79a21.jpg

Parker has always been an idiot, so it's not a surprise!If he thought a heavy defense zone like the Chargers were going to beat Brady on the road, Parker need another drug test!

The result in the game between the Chargers and the Pats in the last playoffs game was very predictable for me.

35 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

fekyghtk79a21.jpg

So at this point, he's simply trolling. He doesn't believe that Indianapolis is #2, he doesn't believe LAC is #1, he doesn't believe New England is #8. He's blatantly trolling for clicks at this point.

I can enjoy trolling when its subtle. Like when Skip Bayless was on the Tebow train back when Tebow was on the Broncos - what he said was crazy, but it had a twinge of "I think he believes what he's saying" to it.

Not this. There is absolutely no way in hell he believes this rating.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Or, he is just an idiot. There are a lot of them out there. 

I heard someone on the radio today (I think his name was Andrew Clinemen or something, idk) who was supposed to be an "nfl expert" they asked him "who is your surprise team this year" and he was like: "I am super high on Tennessee, probably more than most". Then they asked why, he said "they've been to the playoffs the last two years, I like that" 

YOU HAVE ONE JOB, LITERALLY

what.an.idiot.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Why when stats are used is there always some things are used and others not. Like if you throw out Fisher/Foles...do you then go into Wentz’ rookie year on plays like the one Giants game where they were in position to tie/win but Doug went for it on 4th with a bad play call and took away a comeback win and a sack? Or is that too granular. 

I assume we won't be counting this year for Foles either considering the trash he is working with. What even is the argument here, we should have kept Foles over Wentz?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I assume we won't be counting this year for Foles either considering the trash he is working with. What even is the argument here, we should have kept Foles over Wentz?

I guess? I made a comment that Wentz probably could have done as good or better against the Bears last year, after it was posited that ‘because they only lost on a missed field goal = they will win this year.’

and it degenerated into whatever the hell this is.

32 minutes ago, N4L said:

Or, he is just an idiot. There are a lot of them out there. 

I heard someone on the radio today (I think his name was Andrew Clinemen or something, idk) who was supposed to be an "nfl expert" they asked him "who is your surprise team this year" and he was like: "I am super high on Tennessee, probably more than most". Then they asked why, he said "they've been to the playoffs the last two years, I like that" 

YOU HAVE ONE JOB, LITERALLY

what.an.idiot.

Given that it's on Cowherd, I'm assuming it's for clicks and reactions. Nobody on the national stage actually analyzes football anymore. You have Schefter and the like breaking news, then you have people just saying the wildest things to get a reaction.

Journalism is dead, and the internet killed it.

52 minutes ago, ET80 said:

So at this point, he's simply trolling. He doesn't believe that Indianapolis is #2, he doesn't believe LAC is #1, he doesn't believe New England is #8. He's blatantly trolling for clicks at this point.

I can enjoy trolling when its subtle. Like when Skip Bayless was on the Tebow train back when Tebow was on the Broncos - what he said was crazy, but it had a twinge of "I think he believes what he's saying" to it.

It was his power rankings in last January in the 8 teams that were in the divisionalal round, but still an awful power rankings, especially to put the Patriots last in this list!

So what, if the Pats look bad and that Brady look old in the last few games of the season, you can never bury the Pats with Brady and Belichick in this team ... I do not care if Brady would have 70 years old and that their roster look bad on paper, they will always be a challenge as long that Brady plays at a good level no matter what ... Brady and his team have always been able to lift his game to another level when it's time,so putting the Pats last in the final 8 was dumb and ignorant by Parker, but I'm not surprised by him since he's always been ignorant.Some never learn!

6 hours ago, Steelersfan43 said:

The result in the game between the Chargers and the Pats in the last playoffs game was very predictable for me.

It shocked me. That game was living proof that talent doesn't matter and that a D+ roster can be salvaged by A+ coaching.

Chargers win that game with a league average coach.

New England was a 5-11 roster propped up by  Belichick

Edited by CKS97

10 hours ago, CKS97 said:

Or he'll just show he's not THAT good.

This is the year New England finally cracks.

Sure. Just like the last 7 years.

I mean, we've seen how first round WR busts have ruined NE's franchise before haven't we. We haven't been back to the superbowl since Chad Jackson and Aaron Dobson bust. Oh wait.