NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

58 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

I see Seahawks twitter hasn't gotten over their weird Andrew Luck complex.

Such a stupid tweet. 

makes me go 

????

(idiots didnt even get the meme right, I hate that franchise)

9 hours ago, CKS97 said:

Are we sure the Patriots are as good as we think they are?

The Pats are a playoff team but theyre not legit SB contenders imo. I'd be shocked if they made it to the Super Bowl honestly. I know Tom is Tom but he's not Brady anymore. Theyre not the scary Patriots we're used to.

8 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

I see Seahawks twitter hasn't gotten over their weird Andrew Luck complex.

Probably because Russell Wilson has been consistently doing his thing for 6 years at a higher level than Luck, but Luck comes back and claws out 4 wins at home against terrible teams and suddenly the media is right back onto the "Andrew Luck is GOD" narrative. Hard to blame them for being salty.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Probably because Russell Wilson has been consistently doing his thing for 6 years at a higher level than Luck, but Luck comes back and claws out 4 wins at home against terrible teams and suddenly the media is right back onto the "Andrew Luck is GOD" narrative. Hard to blame them for being salty.

No, it's not hard. I blame them pretty easily. Andrew Luck is really good, seems like a good dude, and is super fun to watch. As someone who loves watching pro football, it's great seeing him back. Hawks need to stop attacking any enthusiasm about Luck like a shot at their QB. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

As someone who loves watching pro football, it's great seeing him back

This is my take, as a division rival. The media likes to play him up, but this time last year - people didn't even think he'd be able to come back, his arm was shot. So, coming back is in half of the excitement. It doesn't hurt he's in the middle of a career year at that, so that only adds to it. 

45 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

No, it's not hard. I blame them pretty easily. Andrew Luck is really good, seems like a good dude, and is super fun to watch. As someone who loves watching pro football, it's great seeing him back. Hawks need to stop attacking any enthusiasm about Luck like a shot at their QB. 

I'm just giving you their POV on the situation. Russell Wilson puts up probably 3 consecutive MVP-caliber seasons and basically gets nothing for it. Andrew Luck comes back and has 4 games at home against bad teams (including one where he digs them into a hole to start with) and suddenly he's an MVP candidate? Yeah, I'd be pretty upset about that, too. It's like us Ravens fans with Matt Ryan, except imagine Joe Flacco consistently setting NFL records and playing like an MVP for 6 years but the media just wants to talk about Matt Ryan. Then Matt Ryan gets injured, comes back and wins a couple games against horrible teams and the media goes right back to talking about how godly Ryan is and how he should be in consideration with MVP candidates who've been vastly outperforming him all year long.

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

First of all no one is saying that quit being overdramtic. Goff, Brees and Mahomes are more talked about out. The media are finally talking about the Colts because they’re in the playoff hunt. You keep dismissing Luck performance like he didn’t light up three good D’s (Bills, Jags, Titans). The same D’s that gave Big Ben and Brady trouble. Luck finally has a Smart coach, smart GM, and his career is looking bright deal with itB|

Edited by Blackstar12
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

First of all no one is saying that quit being overdramtic. Goff, Brees and Mahomes are more talked about out. The media are finally talking about the Colts because they’re in the playoff hunt. You keep dismissing Luck performance like he didn’t light up three good D’s (Bills, Jags, Titans). The same D’s that gave Big Ben and Brady trouble. Luck finally has a Smart coach, smart GM, and his career is looking bright deal with itB|

Yeah, everyone is talking about the top 3. I doubt half of the people closely following the NFL realize the Colts have the 4th best scoring offense.

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I'm just giving you their POV on the situation. Russell Wilson puts up probably 3 consecutive MVP-caliber seasons and basically gets nothing for it. Andrew Luck comes back and has 4 games at home against bad teams (including one where he digs them into a hole to start with) and suddenly he's an MVP candidate? Yeah, I'd be pretty upset about that, too. It's like us Ravens fans with Matt Ryan, except imagine Joe Flacco consistently setting NFL records and playing like an MVP for 6 years but the media just wants to talk about Matt Ryan. Then Matt Ryan gets injured, comes back and wins a couple games against horrible teams and the media goes right back to talking about how godly Ryan is and how he should be in consideration with MVP candidates who've been vastly outperforming him all year long.

I've never had any spite towards Matt Ryan. He was the QB I badly wanted in the draft. He was also the QB the Ravens badly wanted and tried to trade up for. And he was more than worth the draft pick/hype. Actually he was underrated because (even at the time) there was no reason he shouldn't have gone #1 overall.

27 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

Oh how I missed Colts fans and their obsession with the idea that Luck is a top 5 QB.

9 hours ago, riceman80 said:

The Pats are a playoff team but theyre not legit SB contenders imo. I'd be shocked if they made it to the Super Bowl honestly. I know Tom is Tom but he's not Brady anymore. Theyre not the scary Patriots we're used to.

They're still joint-favorites in the AFC for me although they look very beatable. They beat Kansas City head to head not to mention you never know what playoff Andy Reid might do to muck things up, Belichek and Brady have the Steelers' number, and the Texans still haven't really beaten anybody. 

3 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

I've never had any spite towards Matt Ryan. He was the QB I badly wanted in the draft. He was also the QB the Ravens badly wanted and tried to trade up for. And he was more than worth the draft pick/hype. Actually he was underrated because (even at the time) there was no reason he shouldn't have gone #1 overall.

That's fair. I suppose I'm just used to the whole Matt Ryan/Joe Flacco rivalry thing being blown out of proportions by Ravens fans. I mean crap in our forum you have one guy thanking God we averted disaster by not drafting Matt Ryan...and he's serious.

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Oh how I missed Colts fans and their obsession with the idea that Luck is a top 5 QB.

Did I even mention he was a top 5 QB in that post at all lol. You keep talking about Seahawks fans perspective but what about us Colts fans hearing Luck is done talks all summer. Now that he’s having a great season we can’t appreciate it gtfo lol.