NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

Just now, Blackstar12 said:

If you don’t think Luck is having a great season I don’t know what to say. It’s also very funny all the stuff you’re posting is Seahawks related xD

I mean I think statistically he's not having a great season, and when evaluate the competition he's facing he's also not having a great season. He's having a great 4-game stretch, though. And I'm just using Seahawks twitter stuff because it's what's being posted and it's easier to reference a tweet that's already been made rather than go out and do duplicate research on PFR.

12 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I mean I think statistically he's not having a great season, and when evaluate the competition he's facing he's also not having a great season. He's having a great 4-game stretch, though. And I'm just using Seahawks twitter stuff because it's what's being posted and it's easier to reference a tweet that's already been made rather than go out and do duplicate research on PFR.

You keep making excuses for the teams he’s facing for his stats being good and not Luck and Reich doing a good job together. Two of the next three games are against Dallas and Houston those games will be a good test for Luck.

7 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

You keep making excuses for the teams he’s facing for his stats being good and not Luck and Reich doing a good job together. Two of the next three games are against Dallas and Houston those games will be a good test for Luck.

I agree.

4 minutes ago, C0LTSFAN4L1F3 said:

"Great season" /=/ "MVP caliber season"

I also agree, but I also don't think he's having a great season. If you enter the context of his situation though, then yes it's a great season for a guy coming off major shoulder surgery and hasn't played in a full year.

5 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I agree.

I also agree, but I also don't think he's having a great season. If you enter the context of his situation though, then yes it's a great season for a guy coming off major shoulder surgery and hasn't played in a full year.

It is hard to discern just how good he is playing given how pass-friendly and offense-favored this season has been,(everyone is having a "career year" this year) but his numbers in a vacuum look really good. 7.3 TD% and 102.7 passer rating are the best marks of his career. I don't see how that can't be called a great season

17 minutes ago, C0LTSFAN4L1F3 said:

It is hard to discern just how good he is playing given how pass-friendly and offense-favored this season has been,(everyone is having a "career year" this year) but his numbers in a vacuum look really good. 7.3 TD% and 102.7 passer rating are the best marks of his career. I don't see how that can't be called a great season

because of the bolded, basically.

https://sports.yahoo.com/saints-cowboys-draws-largest-overnight-rating-thursday-night-football-history-145223812.html

There are always a bunch stories/discussion whenever a primetime game does poorly. But, this week's TNF was the highest rated TNF game ever and it doesn't get mentioned much. 

Yea, the Cowboys will always be a big draw. But, more generally, I think tv watching fans are just more aware of when there is a good or trash matchup on. There's a reason the cap keeps going up and up. The league is thriving.