NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

12 hours ago, CKS97 said:

I think this is New England's last shot at a 6th SB for Brady.

Feels like this is their final good shot. Brady is 42.....

Nah- there’s always next year. 

What better way for the NFL to celebrate its centenary than by having its Golden Boy win one last ring before riding into the sunset?

13 hours ago, DistantRam said:

Nah- there’s always next year. 

What better way for the NFL to celebrate its centenary than by having its Golden Boy win one last ring before riding into the sunset?

Just like we though the NFL would celebrate the Super Bowl's golden year with a NE SB.....

2 hours ago, showtime said:

It's kind of crazy to me how much Brady has regressed. 

EDIT:  I guess considering his age, it's not all that crazy, but compared to last year it is.

Expected although 23 TDs and 8 picks is still pretty decent. Not great though. 

He would get by with an above average defense but this defense is far too bad.

This isn't better than a 3-4 win team without him though. So when he retires we at least will not be stuck in mediocrity lol and can be excited - just not for the playoffs and SBs but for the draft...

Edited by SBLIII

3 hours ago, showtime said:

It's kind of crazy to me how much Brady has regressed. 

EDIT:  I guess considering his age, it's not all that crazy, but compared to last year it is.

Aside from the mental lapse before the half, Brady played awesome today. Weird time for your remark. This coming from someone who didn't like Jimmy G but also didn't think it was a bad idea to trade Brady/Gronk/Edelman before the season.

1 hour ago, SBLIII said:

Expected although 23 TDs and 8 picks is still pretty decent. Not great though. 

He would get by with an above average defense but this defense is far too bad.

This isn't better than a 3-4 win team without him though. So when he retires we at least will not be stuck in mediocrity lol and can be excited - just not for the playoffs and SBs but for the draft...

He played a role in them losing the game today.  That sack he took at the end the half was just all-time awful... you wouldn't even expect an un-drafted rookie QB to make a mistake like that.

32 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Aside from the mental lapse before the half, Brady played awesome today. Weird time for your remark. This coming from someone who didn't like Jimmy G but also didn't think it was a bad idea to trade Brady/Gronk/Edelman before the season.

I was just talking about in general this entire season, not really today.  Even though that mental lapse was really significant.