NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

7 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

If I had to guess, you probably take the record of the team he played against at that time and if it's > .500, add it to the list.

Either way, Kirk Cousins is not good against winning teams.

I'd rather see his rating vs winning teams than vs losing games, the record really doesn't mean much because it doesn't include any context.

17 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

If I had to guess, you probably take the record of the team he played against at that time and if it's > .500, add it to the list.

Either way, Kirk Cousins is not good against winning teams.

Apparently that's not it.

edit: not knocking you. I agree with your thoughts. Ran across this. 

Edited by MikeT14

1 minute ago, tyler735 said:

Random scenario I thought about today. If the Chargers win out their remaining games (Ravens, Chiefs, and Broncos), and the Rams lose one more game, are the Chargers the best team in LA this year?

On a week in, week out basis, I think the Rams are the better team. That being said, on any given week, the Chargers could win or lose against anyone. 

10 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

and that stat is the opposite to fit the Aaron Rodgers isnt clutch argument.

i personally like the way they do this one better.

however both are imperfect.

I agree, although beating a team like Washington in week 3/4 this year should count as a 'winning team' even thought they will undoubtedly finish below .500, and beating them now does not classify as beating a good team. (just a random example)

Also the likelihood that an opposing team is a 'winning team' DECREASES when you beat them because you add a loss to their record. Conversely, losing increases the chances the opposing team finishes with a winning record. That Vikings game is a perfect example, he beat them, they finished 8-8, if he loses, they finish 9-7 and would count against him. 

So there really is no perfect way to calculate this. 

0-7 on MNF is pretty easy to calculate 

Edited by N4L
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Random scenario I thought about today. If the Chargers win out their remaining games (Ravens, Chiefs, and Broncos), and the Rams lose one more game, are the Chargers the best team in LA this year?

Well, they beat us...so I would say no. 

##### Trivia #####

1.Who scored....

rushing

passing

receiving

punt ret

KO ret

Xpoint

FG

2.Only 1000 rusher for a season who never played college football?

3.Who blocked a FG standing under the crossbar?

4.What team has had 4 HOF WR's on the roster? (not same time)

5.First RB to have consecutive 1000 yard seasons?