Mitchell Trubisky's Future

SmittyBacall

2 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Nope. I do know that Grossman, ultimately, wasn't very good, though. 

Week           Day                              Date OT     Rec                  Opp Tm Opp 
1              Sun September 10 4:15PM ET boxscore    W     1-0    Green Bay Packers 26   0   
2              Sun September 17 1:03PM ET boxscore    W     2-0        Detroit Lions 34   7   22   
3              Sun September 24 1:05PM ET boxscore    W     3-0    Minnesota Vikings 19  16   
4              Sun    October 1 8:21PM ET boxscore    W     4-0     Seattle Seahawks 37   6   21   
5              Sun    October 8 1:03PM ET boxscore    W     5-0        Buffalo Bills 40   7   23   351  
6              Mon   October 16 8:42PM ET boxscore    W     6-0    Arizona Cardinals 24  23    9  
7                                                                                                                                                              Bye Week
8              Sun   October 29 1:03PM ET boxscore    W     7-0  San Francisco 49ers 41  10  
9              Sun   November 5 1:02PM ET boxscore    L     7-1       Miami Dolphins 13  31   
10             Sun  November 12 8:21PM ET boxscore    W     8-1      New York Giants 38  20   
11             Sun  November 19 1:04PM ET boxscore    W     9-1        New York Jets 10   0   
12             Sun  November 26 4:15PM ET boxscore    L     9-2 New England Patriots 13  17   
13             Sun   December 3 1:03PM ET boxscore    W    10-2    Minnesota Vikings 23  13    
14             Mon  December 11 8:30PM ET boxscore    W    11-2       St. Louis Rams 42  27   
15             Sun  December 17 1:05PM ET boxscore W OT    12-2 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 34  31  
16             Sun  December 24 1:03PM ET boxscore    W    13-2        Detroit Lions 26  21   
17             Sun  December 31 8:15PM ET boxscore    L    13-3    Green Bay Packers  7  26   

7 minutes ago, El ramster said:

You really don't remember do you.

I feel like if they don’t think Goff was good to start out last season, don’t remember Grossman tearing up the NFC, and think that Grossman was physically limited, they probably only watch the Bears and only since after 2006...

8 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Week           Day                              Date OT     Rec                  Opp Tm Opp 
1              Sun September 10 4:15PM ET boxscore    W     1-0    Green Bay Packers 26   0   
2              Sun September 17 1:03PM ET boxscore    W     2-0        Detroit Lions 34   7   22   
3              Sun September 24 1:05PM ET boxscore    W     3-0    Minnesota Vikings 19  16   
4              Sun    October 1 8:21PM ET boxscore    W     4-0     Seattle Seahawks 37   6   21   
5              Sun    October 8 1:03PM ET boxscore    W     5-0        Buffalo Bills 40   7   23   351  
6              Mon   October 16 8:42PM ET boxscore    W     6-0    Arizona Cardinals 24  23    9  
7                                                                                                                                                              Bye Week
8              Sun   October 29 1:03PM ET boxscore    W     7-0  San Francisco 49ers 41  10  
9              Sun   November 5 1:02PM ET boxscore    L     7-1       Miami Dolphins 13  31   
10             Sun  November 12 8:21PM ET boxscore    W     8-1      New York Giants 38  20   
11             Sun  November 19 1:04PM ET boxscore    W     9-1        New York Jets 10   0   
12             Sun  November 26 4:15PM ET boxscore    L     9-2 New England Patriots 13  17   
13             Sun   December 3 1:03PM ET boxscore    W    10-2    Minnesota Vikings 23  13    
14             Mon  December 11 8:30PM ET boxscore    W    11-2       St. Louis Rams 42  27   
15             Sun  December 17 1:05PM ET boxscore W OT    12-2 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 34  31  
16             Sun  December 24 1:03PM ET boxscore    W    13-2        Detroit Lions 26  21   
17             Sun  December 31 8:15PM ET boxscore    L    13-3    Green Bay Packers  7  26   

6 minutes ago, patriotsheatyan said:

I feel like if they don’t think Goff was good to start out last season, don’t remember Grossman tearing up the NFC, and think that Grossman was physically limited, they probably only watch the Bears and only since after 2006...

I don't see Grossman stats in either of these posts. I don't care enough to look them up myself. If either of you are convinced enough that Grossman=Trubisky, simply because they wear the same uniform, then produce stats, relevant roster information, and comparisons that indicate the players are essentially the same. 

Also, @patriotsheatyan, I've most likely been watching the Bears, and the league, since before you were born. 

12 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I don't see Grossman stats in either of these posts. I don't care enough to look them up myself. If either of you are convinced enough that Grossman=Trubisky, simply because they wear the same uniform, then produce stats, relevant roster information, and comparisons that indicate the players are essentially the same. 

Also, @patriotsheatyan, I've most likely been watching the Bears, and the league, since before you were born. 

I think something was lost in translation. 

Haven't read the thread, but let me guess...

*Wholly unremarkable rookie season, continued mediocrity first three games*

Bears fans: "Guys, give him time, he's young, he's learning, you can't judge a young quarterback so quickly"

*One good game*

Bears fans: "BONA FIDE STUD!!"

2 hours ago, DannyB said:

Bears fans: "Guys, give him time, he's young, he's learning, you can't judge a young quarterback so quickly"

*One good game*

You guessed wrong. Try again.

2 hours ago, malak1 said:

You guessed wrong. Try again.

But try and judge the entire Packers fan base whenever they claim X player is the next best thing(i.e Finley, Randall, Cobb, Grant, etc) and you will immediately be met with the victims card and them crying about "picking on us and throwing us all into a box". 

FYI, this is not an attack on the entire Packers fan base. Because I know that DannyB's awful, childish take and perception is not representative of the entire fan base. I know a few of the Packers fans that I have come across in NFL gen, or other areas outside of the sub-forums, seem to be able to have a realistic view and are able to take off the blinders and see things for what they are, good or bad, in the same way I do. So for those, don't take this the wrong way.

Bottomline, every team has their homer fans who make the rest of the fan base look bad but don't judge the entire base off of one persons view.

But back on topic.

I don't think any Bears fans are saying that he is "a bonafide stud", only that this last game gave us hope that he can FINALLY fill a void at the QB position that Bears fans have been seeking for decades--even those like me who have doubted in him. Nobody is saying that this game is what we can all expect from him from on regular basis. Only that it simply showed what his ceiling could be in this offense and that is all anyone has asked for. Even for detractors like myself.

As a fan. When you go through 30+ years without a legit starting QB and come across one who catches your eye like Trubisky has (given his circumstances like being thrown to the wolves last year with Fox), ofcourse you're going to get excited.  

Now does one gmae mean that he's the real deal? Ofcourse not. But it doesn't mean he isn't either. Only time will tell that.

9 hours ago, El ramster said:

You really don't remember do you.

I do remember.  It was 4 games.  It was essentially the first 4 starts of his career and once defenses had tape on him, that was all she wrote for the hot start. He would occasionally have a good game, but he was incredibly up and down the remainder if his career. 

Not really even close to the story of 10. But also we have to wait and see how this all plays out.

9 hours ago, patriotsheatyan said:

Goff wasnt really great to start off the season last year.  The rams were incredible.  

Somebody put up the "Thru 14 games" stat again.  Goff, Wentz, and Trubisky have remarkably similar stats thru 14 games.  I'd be curious to see "Thru 16 games" now too.

12 hours ago, DannyB said:

*One good game*

wrong-gif-13.gif

Wentz over 14 starts [14 Pederson]

63%, 241 yards, .9 TDs, 1.2 TO

Goff over his first 14 starts [7 Fisher, 7 McVay]

58%, 201 yards, 1 TD, 1 TO

Trubisky over his first 14 starts [12 Fox, 2 Nagy]

61.2%, 183 yards, .86 TDs, .9 TO

Goff

Over his first 7 games [pre bye week] year 2, he averaged a pretty pedestrian.

61%, 245 yards, 1.3 TDs, .7 TO

After the bye week his numbers really improved.

So, Goff has a meh first half of season 2 and an MVP level second half of the season.

Archived