2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

9 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I meant mid-first on Winovich.  I could swear we had talked about him with our first pick back when people thought we would make the playoffs, and I was asking why he fell so far into the mid rounds.

I assume all of the replies gave you your answer?

Pretty sure we’ve been through this. No reason for media scout the rank their big boards with positional premiums being a huge factor. Its their grade for each player which considers the players athletic profile, ability to beat their competition, and create mismatches among other things. Having a TE and RB ranked 5 and 6 doesnt mean he thinks they will be drafted that high, it means their grade came out that much higher when applying the same grading standards to each player.

5 hours ago, CWood21 said:

How many times have we seen a guy with elite measurables and mediocre production throughout college hit big in the NFL?  It happens, but not very often.  How many times have we seen elite athletes with mediocre production flop in the NFL?  A LOT.  It goes on and on.  There's just way too much risk involved for me to even consider him at 12.  And it's probably going to be the case at 30.

jrf1xux81f4dzooycemc

This year, CWood, this year!

5 hours ago, Cheech said:

No. 5 on his big board.  Yup, he also has a RB as his No. 6.  So his whole board must suck, right?

I mean if there was a punter who consistently drove it 65-70 yards downfield with 5+ seconds hang time and considered the best punting prospect ever. Would you take him at #1? No way, with a good team he may hardly see the field, where is the value?  I understand it’s an extreme example but same goes for TE, IOL and ILB. Still less value just not as extreme. 

4 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Draft Machine Mock:

12. Jachai Polite

30. Devin Bush Jr.

44. T.J. Hockenson

75. Marquise Blair

108. Joshua Jacobs

112. Bobby Evans

140. Anthony Ratliff-Williams

172. Connor McGovern

181.Terry Beckner

204. Shareef Miller

Still kinda throwing darts after round 4, but I am okay with that.

Hock is consistently available at 44 when I do these. Shoot, if any one of Hock, Irv, or Fant is at 44, I’m doing backflips 

Archived