2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

1 hour ago, ChaRisMa said:

If you are trying to draw ANY information out of past drafts, prepare to be disappointed. There is no rhyme or reason behind any of it. Take the guy you like best. The data doesn’t support anything, ever, other than that QBs, Ts, and Edge guys go quick.

I heard you the first time.

12 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Yeah, that was week 1.  By week 9 we were down to 3 firsts, and two of them were Matthews and Perry, whom we will be losing.

Dont care how much we've drafted, I care how much we have.  We don't have enough.

So why exclude IR?  That is reflective of what the team invested and likely planned to have at its disposal.

Mid or end of year assessment of investment while excluding IR will likely show injury luck and attrition.....something that is already a fairly known aspect of team success

12 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Yeah, that was week 1.  By week 9 we were down to 3 firsts, and two of them were Matthews and Perry, whom we will be losing.

Dont care how much we've drafted, I care how much we have.  We don't have enough.

So it sounds like you're just trying to force data to back up an opinion you have..again.

It's pretty simple, draft good players that fit your system and you'll be good. Don't and you'll be bad. We fell off a cliff from 2011-2015 from where we were, that's why Ted's gone, that's why we're bad. Even with sticking to premium position drafting we still stink, because the guys we took didn't hit.

3 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

So it sounds like you're just trying to force data to back up an opinion you have..again.

It's pretty simple, draft good players that fit your system and you'll be good. Don't and you'll be bad. We fell off a cliff from 2011-2015 from where we were, that's why Ted's gone, that's why we're bad. Even with sticking to premium position drafting we still stink, because the guys we took didn't hit.

There is a formula.  I just don't know it yet. 

giphy.gif

sXGhf1x.gif

AntiqueBoldAiredaleterrier-size_restrict

The-Imitation-Game-Quotes-anjs-angels-38

^I will do that which no one can imagine. 

Hey guys im gonna do a mock and nobody knows their team better than their fans own fans who watch all the games and oay attention to all the players, off season news, needs, etc. Can you guys shoot me a list of the Top 5 draft prospects you would want with your 1st and 2nd Round picks? Or at least 1st Round. Thank you!

57 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Hey guys im gonna do a mock and nobody knows their team better than their fans own fans who watch all the games and oay attention to all the players, off season news, needs, etc. Can you guys shoot me a list of the Top 5 draft prospects you would want with your 1st and 2nd Round picks? Or at least 1st Round. Thank you!

You're won't find any unanimous choices, but here are some guys I commonly see mocked to us who wouldn't make me unhappy:

#12 - Brian Burns, Jachai Polite, Clelin Ferrell, Rashan Gary, Jonah Williams

#30 - Dalton Risner, TJ Hockenson, Noah Fant, Nasir Adderley, Devin Bush

#44 - Chris Lindstrom, Andre Dillard, Irv Smith, Deionte Thompson, Chauncey Gardner-Johnson

33 minutes ago, Cheech said:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/mock-draft-machine

-- It's here

My first: 

Hock

Sweat

Omenihu

D. Johnson

R. Ya-Sin

Sternberger

P. Campbell

B Love

Isaiah Prince

K. Hodge

I ended up with this for the first 4 rounds (I'd love it if it were possible):

cd4ba1848a58b4ee598996132d5866fb_Packers.png

Ohio State

Why do so many people prefer Allen over Ferrell?  Granted I don't do the whole scouting thing, but from what I've watched, it looks like Josh Allen relies a lot on speed and getting around blockers while Ferrell made like 37 plays just going THROUGH his blockers and reaching around them to grab the QB or make the tackle.  Ferrell looks like a legit pass rusher while Allen looks like Leonard Floyd. 

Also, why so little love for Rashaan Gary?  Is it because he's seen as some sort of tweener? 

I'd be ecstatic with Ferrell right now. 

Archived