2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

9 minutes ago, deathstar said:

Seems like a great athlete. The knock I read is that he's a little slow to process. I wonder if that's because he hasn't been playing safety his whole college career.

He's quickly becoming one of my draft crushes. Such a smooth athlete. Seems like the type of CB/S tweener that could transistion successfully to a ball hawking FS, which would be perfect next to Amos. 

Adderly used to be my guy but Thornhill has over taken that. 

5 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

He's quickly becoming one of my draft crushes. Such a smooth athlete. Seems like the type of CB/S tweener that could transistion successfully to a ball hawking FS, which would be perfect next to Amos. 

Adderly used to be my guy but Thornhill has over taken that. 

How do you feel about Armani Hooker?

Wouldn’t even be opposed to drafting both Taylor and Lindstrom. Feel pretty good you’re getting a top 5 with a chance to be best in the league RT and an above average guard capable of giving you ten quality seasons that way. Line would be set for a long time. 

1 hour ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I figure an OL is in play at 12 if all of the edges and 2 of the DL are gone.   Reportedly the Packers love Jawaan, and Dillard hits the thresholds.

Better be a tackle ... no guards.  Have to be one of those two,

20 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Better be a tackle ... no guards.  Have to be one of those two,

I'm reasonably certain Gute is like his predecessor in that we draft tackles and play them wherever they fit best in the NFL.  Like the rule of thumb is that a college team's best athletes on the OL are their tackles and the smartest guy is the center, so draft those guys.

58 minutes ago, n8ghee said:

I wonder which safety's scouting report reads most similar to Eddie Jacksons when he was coming out of college. Time for a google.

lol you find anything? One article I read said his comparison was WIll Blackmon 😂

Draft Network - 3/10 Mock Draft

12. Packers - Brian Burns - EDGE, Florida State

Burns checked in at the NFL Scouting Combine at 6-foot-5 and 249 pounds and clocked an impressive 4.53 40-yard dash. His blend of length, flexibility, technical refinement, football intelligence and burst serve as a strong foundation for him to become a dynamic playmaking defender in the NFL. In his last 11 games against Power 5 competition, Burns recorded 20.5 tackles for loss, 11.5 sacks and 6 forced fumbles. He's the perfect pick for Green Bay at No. 12 given the Packers massive need for outside pass rush.

30. Packers - Noah Fant - TE, Iowa

What could Aaron Rodgers do with a dynamic receiving threat at tight end? Let's find out. Fant is an explosive athlete with exciting ball skills, hands, route running and the ability to win post-catch. He can be the x-factor and matchup nightmare for Green Bay's offense.

1 - 11

Cardinals - Kyler Murray
49ers - Nick Bosa
Jets - Quinnen Williams
Raiders - Josh Allen
Buccaneers - Devin White
Giants - Montez Sweat
Jaguars - Rashan Gary
Lions - Greedy Williams
Bills - D.K. Metcalf
Broncos - Jawaan Taylor
Bengals - Dwayne Haskins

Names of note:

14 - Falcons - Ed Oliver
21 - Seahawks - Chauncey Gardner-Johnson
22 - Ravens - Nasir Adderley
23 - Texans - Andre Dillard
26 - Colts - Clelin Ferrell
31 - Rams - Jachai Polite
32 - Patriots - T.J. Hockenson

17 minutes ago, Leader said:

Draft Network - 3/10 Mock Draft

12. Packers - Brian Burns - EDGE, Florida State

Burns checked in at the NFL Scouting Combine at 6-foot-5 and 249 pounds and clocked an impressive 4.53 40-yard dash. His blend of length, flexibility, technical refinement, football intelligence and burst serve as a strong foundation for him to become a dynamic playmaking defender in the NFL. In his last 11 games against Power 5 competition, Burns recorded 20.5 tackles for loss, 11.5 sacks and 6 forced fumbles. He's the perfect pick for Green Bay at No. 12 given the Packers massive need for outside pass rush.

30. Packers - Noah Fant - TE, Iowa

What could Aaron Rodgers do with a dynamic receiving threat at tight end? Let's find out. Fant is an explosive athlete with exciting ball skills, hands, route running and the ability to win post-catch. He can be the x-factor and matchup nightmare for Green Bay's offense.

1 - 11

Cardinals - Kyler Murray
49ers - Nick Bosa
Jets - Quinnen Williams
Raiders - Josh Allen
Buccaneers - Devin White
Giants - Montez Sweat
Jaguars - Rashan Gary
Lions - Greedy Williams
Bills - D.K. Metcalf
Broncos - Jawaan Taylor
Bengals - Dwayne Haskins

Names of note:

14 - Falcons - Ed Oliver
21 - Seahawks - Chauncey Gardner-Johnson
22 - Ravens - Nasir Adderley
23 - Texans - Andre Dillard
26 - Colts - Clelin Ferrell
31 - Rams - Jachai Polite
32 - Patriots - T.J. Hockenson

If Ferrell drops all the way to 26 I'd be really surprised! And it'd be really hard for me to pass on Polite @ 30. 

12 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

If Ferrell drops all the way to 26 I'd be really surprised! And it'd be really hard for me to pass on Polite @ 30. 

I like the positional selections for 12 and 30 and the players are clearly top tier of their positional groups. I'm figuring this is Graham's last year - so selecting the TE future at 30 makes sense to me.

8 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

I'd take Hock at #30 if he's still there.  Better fit for the new offense.  He'll gone though.

The nuance differences between Fant and Hockenson are lost on me. They're the recognized leaders of the position so nabbing one of them works for me.

45 minutes ago, Leader said:

The nuance differences between Fant and Hockenson are lost on me. They're the recognized leaders of the position so nabbing one of them works for me.

Fant is 6'3" sub 240 guy.  Elite receiving skills but not a good blocker.  More of an H-back type.  Hock is 6'5" 250.  Good receiving skills but an excellent blocker.  More well rounded TE.  Lafleur likes to disguise and also will need blocking from his TE's.  Why I think Hock is a better fit for us.

Archived