2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

16 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

Burns football IQ and IQ in general get overlooked.  I know he isn't quite the mold Pettine has now, but it doesn't mean Pettine wouldn't just effing love this guy.  Look how much Pettine squeezed out of Fack last year- just imagine what he could do with an uber athletic guy like Burns.

If he can hold that weight it does make a huge difference for him. The biggest concern they had drafting CMIII was weight. When he lost that elite (1.47) first step, he was not the same threat. 

Still, agree with others. DL/OL are more important to me. 2010 & 2014 we had an elite oline. It's easier to put together an elite offense than defense and that starts with the bigs. An OT, a high WR, a TE (round three preferably), a cheap second slot and this offense is rolling again. 4 final teams were offense juggernauts (with some help from a goalpost). It's really hard to put together a defense with the rule changes. And I like ours better than others. We can still get a couple plus starters from this deep DL, edge, and safety class. Why I want more picks too.

The only round one to two OL I see for GB are Dillard and Lindstrom. We brought in Udoh. They are going to give very serious consideration to Dillard. He's as valuable -or more -- than any outside the top five prospects in this draft. Just depends how he grades out with GB. But that is very close to our kind of guy (lacks the nasty -- but personally I love his cool demeanor).ó

Very hard to get it right on DL and edge. So many busts and not many safe picks  in round one imo. If the Pack takes Burns I won't break the TV but my bet for nowis Polite in a later round. They are looking under some hoods but that's just due diligence. We may take advantage of Polite falling. For me though, I am running up the Dillard card if I see my franchise left/right tackle. Take Sternberger (can he get strong enough and block at POA), Warring, Moreau, or a day 3. Harry (kinda raw in some ways) is special imo: steal at 44 maybe, don't know if we take him at 30.

I would be all in on an offense heavy draft.

Day one give me the combo of 

#12 Burns    #30 Simmons

#12  Oliver    #30 Ximines

Day two best   OL  TE.

Day  three 

#114 RB  Darrell  Henderson

# 118  WR  Andy Isabella 

Two small fast  video game weapons for Rodgers and returners on ST.

After that do what you want. We've wasted so much daft capital on DB's we let other areas of this team suffer. We can draft a Safety high next year, i want to prioritize the front seven in this draft.

39 minutes ago, Leader said:

Then you'd be advocating for a "need" draft as its genuinely recognized this is a defense heavy draft.

Not at all!!!

It is a defensive draft but top talent is light. The gems are rounds 3-4 imo: DL and safety. There are probowlers there.

But in round 1-2 a few OL and one or two WRs are BPA imo. It just depends who falls, where we move, really. This is the best OL class in three years.

I would also be happy with a move down for Bush who might bring more pressure than any edge outside the top ten. Just depends what Pettine sees. Martinez got like 6 sacks last year. Bush would be an upgrade. Lot of ways to slice this draft.

Moreover, GB is looking at OL, round 1-2 WR. Gute just said he thought a big slot was a possibility (Harry or A.J. Brown?). ....Just realized that Getsy knows everything about Sweat and Simmons.

I am starting to be comfortable with Sternberger as a TE in Round #2...I wonder what the Packers TE board looks like. I feel we need one of the top 4 in this draft.

Mine...

Fant 1a

Hock 1b

Sternberger 2

Smith Jr 3

Morneau distant 5

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Then you'd be advocating for a "need" draft as its genuinely recognized this is a defense heavy draft.

Define deep. The top 15 is loaded with defenders. It isn’t just about the 1st pick we have though. There are a lot of good wrs, TEs, and OL projected late 1-3rd. We could still go O heavy and take a blue chip defender at 12. It wouldn’t surprise me if we took offense with our 30, 44, and 75.

15 minutes ago, JaireAlex said:

Not at all!!!

It is a defensive draft but top talent is light. The gems are rounds 3-4 imo: DL and safety. There are probowlers there.

But in round 1-2 a few OL and one or two WRs are BPA imo. It just depends who falls, where we move, really. This is the best OL class in three years.

I would also be happy with a move down for Bush who might bring more pressure than any edge outside the top ten. Just depends what Pettine sees. Martinez got like 6 sacks last year. Bush would be an upgrade. Lot of ways to slice this draft.

Moreover, GB is looking at OL, round 1-2 WR. Gute just said he thought a big slot was a possibility (Harry or A.J. Brown?). ....Just realized that Getsy knows everything about Sweat and Simmons.

I feel perpetually stuck in opposite day when I read your draft insights. 

3 minutes ago, Cadmus said:

I feel perpetually stuck in opposite day when I read your draft insights. 

Hahaha

I'm just trying to figure out the draft. And I am very open to changing my mind. That's all. So, I'm not set. Also, this is a really hard draft to figure out, esp given where GB is picking. We are at the bottom of the second tier at 12, and we won't have much choice -- as Gute has said. And he HAS said he is working on trade up or down scenarios, so everything is in play. Personally I love a move down. This draft class has a lot to offer smarter FOs (and GB is still gonna be top 5 in drafting -- gotta remember we have the worst draft position on average .... for like 20 years and most drafted players still in the league).

((But really, I don't like Burns.....just bracing myself if they take him.))

3 minutes ago, JaireAlex said:

Hahaha

I'm just trying to figure out the draft. And I am very open to changing my mind. That's all. So, I'm not set. Also, this is a really hard draft to figure out, esp given where GB is picking. We are at the bottom of the second tier at 12, and we won't have much choice -- as Gute has said. And he HAS said he is working on trade up or down scenarios, so everything is in play. Personally I love a move down. This draft class has a lot to offer smarter FOs (and GB is still gonna be top 5 in drafting -- gotta remember we have the worst draft position on average .... for like 20 years and most drafted players still in the league).

((But really, I don't like Burns.....just bracing myself if they take him.))

You have the propensity to say a lot of random stuff that often directly contradicts the reality of the situation.

Whatever, you do you. I honestly don't really care, I just find most of your takes to be odd. 

Archived