2019 Team Needs

lark25

For the Vikings:

The Vikes have two big free agents on defense in Anthony Barr and Sheldon Richardson. I suspect that they can only afford to keep one. Richardson has been phenomenal this year and should be resigned.

1) OLB - I expect Barr to walk. Barr wants to be paid as an edge rusher but the production just isn't there to justify paying $14+ million per year. Barr has been solid but unspectacular for most of his career in MN. 

2) OG - Both OG spots could potentially use an upgrade. Tom Compton is currently the LG and Mike Remmers is the RG, who isn't cheap. Both Tackle spots (Reiff and O'Neill) and Center (Elflein) are solidified going forward. 

3) WR - Diggs and Thielen are as good as it gets for a WR duo but everything behind them is below par. Treadwell is undeniably a bust. I could see the Vikes wanting a speed/deep threat on the outside. 

4) DE - The Vikes don't have a productive 3rd DE and Zimmer loves a deep rotation. 

5) S - Andrew Sendejo is only getting older and more expensive. George Iloka and Anthony Harris are both free agents and Jayron Kearse has yet to really emerge into a starting caliber player.

Seattle:

1. OL - Everything needs to go. Britt can stay at Center if he’s healthy but everyone else...

2. CB - Griffin is a budding stud. That’s it really though. 

3. WR - Lockett and 30-year old Baldwin won’t cut it. 

4. S - This is assuming we trade ET. McDougald is solid. He needs a running mate for the future. 

5. HC/GM - Think it’s about that time.

Ravens

IOL - Ravens are notorius in not paying their OL so all they have left is Yanda who maybe has 2 years left and Stanley/Brown at tackle. The latter obviously a huge unknown. Gimme the best C or G to build the IOL around.

S - Weddle is on his last legs and a liability in coverage, Jefferson is a SS who is best in run support. Gimme a heir to Ed Reed please!

WR - if you don't try you'll never get your #1 WR through draft. Can't build an offense with free agents only imo.

RB - Alex Collins is good for 15 carries a game and put in work to develop as a pass catcher but Ray Rice he is not. Gimme a dual threat defenses have to actually game plan for.

On 9/19/2018 at 3:11 AM, bananabucket said:

Here are the results of a survey from reddit, there were some complaints but it seems to be relatively accurate:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pty98BKX1cg0tJjSOWcDdnGxar_k1_llgC5Bj8dRrcM/edit#gid=0

For the  Colts I would say our biggest holes right now are RT, WR, MLB, and CB.  The DL has some solid vets that are playing well and a couple somewhat promising young guys, but there is still serious work to be done there as well.

Tier 1 - RT, EDGE or DL (3T) 

Tier 2 - CB, WR or LB (MLB)  

Tier 3 - DT (1T), LB (SLB) or OL (Depth)

I could honestly see us choosing either EDGE or 3T in the first depending on who is available when we pick. With 2-2nd rounders we can hit the other one and still get RT. Then it’s all about depth at the other positions and how our own players develop.

Reich and Eberflus plan for the DL is to have 8 ‘starters’ on game day. So they’ll carry 10 DL and dress 8 and rotate them in and out. 

Biggest Free Agents we have are Al Woods  (1T) and Margus Hunt (DE/DT)  (never thought I’d say that) as well as the one year contract guys (RG Matt Slauson and WR Ryan Grant) Slauson is a stop gap for Braden Smith so we might need depth at IOL but Joe Haeg might fill that gap if/when we draft a RT. 

There is also the concern with Castonzo’s hamstring injury and his contract expiring after 2020 that we might look to replace him sooner rather then later. 

On 9/19/2018 at 3:11 AM, bananabucket said:

Here are the results of a survey from reddit, there were some complaints but it seems to be relatively accurate:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pty98BKX1cg0tJjSOWcDdnGxar_k1_llgC5Bj8dRrcM/edit#gid=0

Definitely doesn't seem accurate for the Packers.  EDGE is the only one in major team needs I'd agree with.  They threw 3 picks at WR in this most recent draft, and they're all very talented so I doubt they're going to invest heavily at that position.  They've never invested heavily at ILB and they've had opportunities to do so.  Oren Burks looked good before he got hurt this preseason, so you have to figure he and Blake Martinez are going to be the starting ILBs.  I'd probably elevate OT to major needs given Bulaga's injury history.  And S seems like something that should be as well.

Jaguars:

Need(depending on FA):

RB: Might be a need since Yeldon and Grant are FAs and LF has some injury issues

QB: We have no backup...like at all unless you feel good about Kessler

OT: Cam's injury and Parnell getting up there in age means we probably need to look there even if Richardson is the future at RT. We have no one behind Cam but Josh Wells

DE: Considering Fowler is as good as gone and Campbell isn't getting any younger, we might have to look here sort of. Smoot will see an increased role if not

TE: ASJ is a fine #1 but we could use an upgrade over Paul/O'Shaughnessy

IOL: Depth really since Norwell, Cann and Linder are good starters but behind them there isn't much

NT: Not sure of Dareus/Abry's long term plans here so that depends on whether or not we need 1

Not a need:

UT/S are likely filled needs(assuming we cant keep Malik/Church) by Bryan and Harrison and Gip is still good

LB: I'm happy with all 3 starters for sure and Brown is fine depth there

CB: Best duo in the game and we have some solid 3s and 4s

WR: It's strange but I think we're okay here unless we take a late round flier.

On 9/20/2018 at 6:49 AM, RaidersAreOne said:

Some big ones for the Raiders:

• Edge player. Trading Mack left an obviously huge void. Bruce Irvin only has a few good plays a game now, and Key isn't ready quite yet.
  • RT. Kolton Miller has been excellent thus far (Didn't even realize Chubb once when we played), but moving Penn to RT has been rough. We need a RT badly.
  • S. Joseph barely sees the field and can be considered a bust. Reggie Nelson is horrible yet always plays. We need a Safety, probably two.
  • LB. Derrick Johnson is okay but old. I doubt he is here next year.

could add WR... Jordy Nelson hasn't done much, and M Bryant is a head case.... RB- Lynch could turn into a pumpkin at anytime, and TEJared Cook is a pending free agent and over 30

On 9/18/2018 at 11:41 PM, lark25 said:

Browns: LT - Gotta keep their QB upright.

While this is easy to say, I've seen clips that suggest that Harrison has HUGE potential as a LT for the browns.  He's made his errors, but he has an enormous amount of potential. 

For the Chargers, here's what I got.

DT: What is TBD is whether we want a quicker, penetrating 1T NT, or a really explosive, athletic freak 3T.  Supposedly the guy who was THE pick for the chargers until somehow the NFL let Derwin fall to us (who was supposedly a top 5 player on our board, with Roquan being #1 overall), was Tavern Bryan (and who we had a deal in place to trade up for if he had dropped to the patriots in the 1st round).  This is all coming from someone who has a true in with the Chargers, and hasn't missed on a prediction for the last 2 years.  Justin Jones has looked incredibly good, but it has yet to be determined if he is going to be a "dirty work" 3T, or that penetrating 1T NT that we like to use. I think we'll find out more once Liuget gets back.

FS: I may be in the minority here, after we picked up Derwin, but we still lack a guy who can truly play single high FS, which is an essential part of Bradley's D, though Derwin has shown that he's capable of it, we need another guy to play that spot in order to free him up to move around the field.

RT: While I'm a fan of Barksdale, he hasn't been able to stay healthy, and I'm thinking that we want to replace him with a developmental guy. Lots of those types of OT's in this class make me think that this will be a good fit for us.  If nothing else, we need a swing OT who can sit behind him and Okung for a few years.

On 9/19/2018 at 9:23 AM, BleedTheClock said:

Browns:

WR #1

OT #1

DE #1

DT #1

CB Depth

Those are the 4 positions we need new starters at plus CB, where we could afford to upgrade opposite Denzel Ward.

I feel like our weak link is Tretter at C more than either tackle. Also we're going to need a LB after Collins is gone after this year.

I'd say

1. DT - Trevon Coley is average but shouldn't be starting

2. C - Tretter is too small and gets pushed around 

3. LB - Collins will likely be gone after this year. Underachieving and large cap hit

4. WR - Callaway is coming along nicely but we need a true X 

5. CB - Ward and Mitchell are legit but Gaines or Carrie (maybe both) will be gone next year.

Cowboys in no particular order.

QB Dak looks terrible

Left tackle. Smith has lost multiple steps

WR we have a bunch of scrubs. Beasley and Gallup are the only ones worth moving forward with

TE we have 4 jags

safety position. depending on the ET situation

On 9/19/2018 at 3:05 PM, Jimmy Austin said:

The Bucs could use a DE to replace Curry and JPP. 

Maybe RB and a CB. 

Update:
RB - We seem to have trouble finding at least a solid RB.

DB - We have a lot of young DBs but maybe about CB and FS. There does not seem to be any good DBs in the 2019 draft. 

DE - Someone to replace JPP and Curry

LG - Someone who can open up holes for the run game. 

20 hours ago, csp911 said:

Cowboys in no particular order.

QB Dak looks terrible

Left tackle. Smith has lost multiple steps

WR we have a bunch of scrubs. Beasley and Gallup are the only ones worth moving forward with

TE we have 4 jags

safety position. depending on the ET situation

First two are wait and see.

I agree if Dak doesn't take a big step foward this year then we need someone new.

But LT is something I would disagree with even at years end. Smith has dealt with numerous injuries and you have to see whether or not he can recover from them.

I would take LT off and replace it with LB or DE depending on what happens with DLaw.

On 9/20/2018 at 10:26 AM, vikingsrule said:

For the Vikings:

The Vikes have two big free agents on defense in Anthony Barr and Sheldon Richardson. I suspect that they can only afford to keep one. Richardson has been phenomenal this year and should be resigned.

1) OLB - I expect Barr to walk. Barr wants to be paid as an edge rusher but the production just isn't there to justify paying $14+ million per year. Barr has been solid but unspectacular for most of his career in MN. 

2) OG - Both OG spots could potentially use an upgrade. Tom Compton is currently the LG and Mike Remmers is the RG, who isn't cheap. Both Tackle spots (Reiff and O'Neill) and Center (Elflein) are solidified going forward. 

3) WR - Diggs and Thielen are as good as it gets for a WR duo but everything behind them is below par. Treadwell is undeniably a bust. I could see the Vikes wanting a speed/deep threat on the outside. 

4) DE - The Vikes don't have a productive 3rd DE and Zimmer loves a deep rotation. 

5) S - Andrew Sendejo is only getting older and more expensive. George Iloka and Anthony Harris are both free agents and Jayron Kearse has yet to really emerge into a starting caliber player.

I don't disagree with the positions just the order. I'd bump OG/OL to #1 and now with the Griffen situation I'd probably bump that up to #2/#3 (assumes worst case scenario).

#1 - OG/OL

#2 - DE

#3 - OLB

#4 - WR

#5 - S

#6 - TE

Archived