What happened to the Saints defense?

Elky

3 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

Saints defense is always bad.  It just flukes out occasionally and has a decent year.  Some players were overperforming last year, and a long stretch of games against horrid QBs helped their stats.  But in crunch time, it reverted to it's old ways and gave up a 60 yard miracle TD with like 4 seconds left of a playoff game.  

It has also played two games against all world offenses, and those two teams are capable of scoring on anybody.  

Except for the Eagles we don't score much on them ever has been this way for a long time thats just a team we ever match up well against :D  Although i still say the team who it feels handles better than anyone else we play whenever we play them is the Steelers.  I don't think we have ever beat them more than maybe once or twice in history :(

Schedule and who you play makes a huge difference.  Our defense looked competent against Tyrod and the Browns.  Gee....I wonder why?

We had a stretch last year where we played pick throwing Stafford, Jay Cutler, Brett Hundley, the great Trubisky, Jameis winston, Tyrod Taylor, all in a row, and we looked unstoppable.  

Our defense was definitely better, improved d-line, Lattimore playing out of his mind, but it was fully capable of getting torched by a good team, and it was, multiple times.  It's been three games so far this year, and two have been against stellar offenses.  

3 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

Saints defense is always bad.  It just flukes out occasionally and has a decent year.  Some players were overperforming last year, and a long stretch of games against horrid QBs helped their stats.  But in crunch time, it reverted to it's old ways and gave up a 60 yard miracle TD with like 4 seconds left of a playoff game.  

It has also played two games against all world offenses, and those two teams are capable of scoring on anybody.  

*Except the Eagles in Philly (Atlanta)

Archived