Is Alvin Kamara the best Running Back in the NFL?

SBLIII

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I'm not calling him just a receiving HB. I'm saying that the large amount of receptions and targets are because of the system. If you put another top HB like Bell, Johnson, or Gurley in the system, they'd be getting fed targets too.

BUT if u put a gun to my head and I had to pick the top 5 RB's I guess I would go like this:

1. Gurley

2. Bell

3. Kamara

4. David Johnson

5. Zeke

• Like 2

Kamara may not be "the best", but this kid is damn special. I can't recall someone making big plays look so effortless. At times it doesn't even look like he is really running. We got some serious talent in this kid. I fell like he is a Top 5 RB in the league right now easily.

7 minutes ago, navysaintsfan said:

Kamara may not be "the best", but this kid is damn special. I can't recall someone making big plays look so effortless. At times it doesn't even look like he is really running. We got some serious talent in this kid. I fell like he is a Top 5 RB in the league right now easily.

Unfortunately it’ll take him much longer to gain respect because of the “system” argument. It holds true for certain players but it shouldn’t for Kamara. It’s why guys like Edelman never really get respect in New Englands offense. It even took Gronk a while to be talked about as the best TE in the league. 

48 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Unfortunately it’ll take him much longer to gain respect because of the “system” argument. It holds true for certain players but it shouldn’t for Kamara. It’s why guys like Edelman never really get respect in New Englands offense. It even took Gronk a while to be talked about as the best TE in the league. 

Honestly...I’ve never watched a Saints game that I wish I had the opponents RB. He is consistently the best RB on the field. 

Eventually the rest of the fans will catch on when I plays enough games against their favorite team. His balance, acceleration, ability to slip tackles, and ability in the receiving game is about as good as it gets. The guy just makes it look easy like he’s not even trying out there.  

• Like 2

Was looking at next gen Stats for RB's, and I found it interesting that Alvin Kamara has faced 8+ Defenders in the box 28.57% of the time, and is averaging 4.9 yards per carry with 5 rushing touchdowns. I had seen posters on this forum state that Kamara was just taking advantage of not going against 8+ Defenders in the box as a rookie since he only faced 8+ defenders in the box 16.67% of the time as a rookie. Just to compare how this stacks up against some other commonly compared RB's with Kamara:

Gurley faced 8+ Defenders in the box 16.85% of the time in 2017, and 12.66% of the time in 2018.

Le'Veon Bell faced 8+ Defenders in the box 19.94% of the time in 2017, and 24.52% in 2016

Ezekiel Elliot faced 8+ Defenders in the box 35.12% of the time in 2017, and 28.77% of the time in 2018

• Like 1

Kamara: rushing - 275 - 4.9 YPC, receiving - 339 - 9.6 YPC, Total yards - 611, Yards per touch - 6.7, touchdowns - 6, fumbles - 0

Gurley:    rushing - 338 - 4.3 YPC, receiving - 194 - 12.9 YPC, Total yards - 532, Yards per touch - 5.7 - touchdowns - 6, fumbles - 1

1 hour ago, tyler735 said:

Was looking at next gen Stats for RB's, and I found it interesting that Alvin Kamara has faced 8+ Defenders in the box 28.57% of the time, and is averaging 4.9 yards per carry with 5 rushing touchdowns. I had seen posters on this forum state that Kamara was just taking advantage of not going against 8+ Defenders in the box as a rookie since he only faced 8+ defenders in the box 16.67% of the time as a rookie. Just to compare how this stacks up against some other commonly compared RB's with Kamara:

Gurley faced 8+ Defenders in the box 16.85% of the time in 2017, and 12.66% of the time in 2018.

Le'Veon Bell faced 8+ Defenders in the box 19.94% of the time in 2017, and 24.52% in 2016

Ezekiel Elliot faced 8+ Defenders in the box 35.12% of the time in 2017, and 28.77% of the time in 2018

Great post. People will come up with every excuse possible about why Kamara is producing besides that he is good. I've watched football for awhile, and this has nothing to do with being a Saints fan, i'll call someone who sucks for the saints a bum, Kamara is amazing, poetry in motion, he's like the bruce lee of football, he is water. I wouldn't take any RB in the NFL over him. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, GamedayGuru said:

Great post. People will come up with every excuse possible about why Kamara is producing besides that he is good. I've watched football for awhile, and this has nothing to do with being a Saints fan, i'll call someone who sucks for the saints a bum, Kamara is amazing, poetry in motion, he's like the bruce lee of football, he is water. I wouldn't take any RB in the NFL over him. 

He is truly amazing. However I have five bucks his production falls off fairly quickly. He is a speed back and it won't be long before being able to hit that edge super fast isn't there any more. That's why a back like Ingram is important to his success, Karmara isnt a work horse. If he was to carry the load like Gurley for more than a year or two he would break down.

3 minutes ago, Riftty said:

He is truly amazing. However I have five bucks his production falls off fairly quickly. He is a speed back and it won't be long before being able to hit that edge super fast isn't there any more. That's why a back like Ingram is important to his success, Karmara isnt a work horse. If he was to carry the load like Gurley for more than a year or two he would break down.

possibly but he's not a speed back, he's an all around back, he's 5'11" 220, he breaks tackles and trucks and stiff arms people all the time.  Can he carry the load? that question is unanswered. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tyler735 said:

So Zeke faces the most 8+ boxes in the NFL out of these backs, currently leads the NFL in rushing by nearly a 100 extra yards, finished 350 yards behind Kareem Hunt (who lead the league in 2017) last year while only playing 10 games to Hunt's 16 games while facing 8+ boxes an insane 35% of the time.

But he is only 5th best RB in the NFL according to some posters who wanna believe a part-time running back is better then a full-time one. Funny, because rushing averages are supposed to fall off with more carries and yet Zeke leads most everyone by almost a yard more with a higher workload.

Haters, right?

Edited by Calvert28

5 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

So Zeke faces the most 8+ boxes in the NFL out of these backs, currently leads the NFL in rushing by nearly a 100 extra yards, finished 350 yards behind Kareem Hunt (who lead the league in 2017) last year while only playing 10 games to Hunt's 16 games while facing 8+ boxes an insane 35% of the time.

But he is only 5th best RB in the NFL according to some posters who wanna believe a part-time running back is better then a full-time one. Funny, because rushing averages are supposed to fall off with more carries and yet Zeke leads most everyone by almost a yard more with a higher workload.

Haters, right?

Who is a part time RB? I'm just glad my team has a guy like Kamara that leads the NFL in offensive yards and touchdowns

• Like 1