Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

20 hours ago, KManX89 said:

A PG-13 Predator is a TERRIBLE idea. 🤦‍♂️ You're talking about an alien creature that hunts humans for sport, skins them alive and collects their heads as f**king trophies. Did we learn nothing from the PG-13 RoboCop, Terminator, Total Recall, Prom Night, Mad Max, Conan, etc. movies? What next? A PG-13 Rambo?

Oh shyt, I shouldn't be giving them ideas, lol.

It just sounds...bad...

On 7/29/2021 at 3:01 PM, MikeT14 said:

Terminator, Die Hard, Expendables, Spawn, etc

Disney aiming for a PG-13 didn't exactly help the Stallone Judge Dredd movie, either. Even though it inexplicably got an R because, reasons, you can tell it was never intended to be R (and it wasn't) because of how much it holds back and how goofy the rest of the film is.

I really don't get why it was given an R in the first place because it's not overly graphic, excessive OR bloody and whatever mild violence IS there is undercut by Rob Schneider (and more or less Stallone), so you can't really take it seriously, anyway, lol (and yes, tone matters, look at TCM; same situation, but FAR more likely to disturb you).

Luckily we DID end up getting the Judge Dredd movie we deserve with 2012's far better Dredd, too bad it got Schumachered at the box office by it. The poor marketing didn't help, either.

Edited by KManX89
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, KManX89 said:

Disney aiming for a PG-13 didn't exactly help the Stallone Judge Dredd movie, either. Even though it inexplicably got an R because, reasons, you can tell it was never intended to be R (and it wasn't) because of how much it holds back and how goofy the rest of the film is.

I really don't get why it was given an R in the first place because it's not overly graphic, excessive OR bloody and whatever mild violence IS there is undercut by Rob Schneider (and more or less Stallone), so you can't really take it seriously, anyway, lol (and yes, tone matters, look at TCM; same situation, but FAR more likely to disturb you).

Luckily we DID end up getting the Judge Dredd movie we deserve with 2012's far better Dredd, too bad it got Schumachered at the box office by it. The poor marketing didn't help, either.

Dredd got pretty much zero marketing.   I dont even think I knew about it until after it was already on DVD.   

Sad we got like 6 or 7 terrible Transformers movies with billions in marketing, but no real fanfare or marketing for one of the better action movies on the last 15 years.

• Like 2

Just now, MikeT14 said:

Has there been any other movie sets where Robert Pattinson has been a "jerk", or is there another reason that it seems there is just an assassination of his character for Batman? 

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/robert-pattinson-reportedly-unhappy-with-dc-using-multiple-versions-of-batman/ 

We got this covered isn't a reliable source.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Has there been any other movie sets where Robert Pattinson has been a "jerk", or is there another reason that it seems there is just an assassination of his character for Batman? 

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/robert-pattinson-reportedly-unhappy-with-dc-using-multiple-versions-of-batman/ 

The later based on the link 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Fair enough. Saw it somewhere else first, and googled to get back to it. 

I've been tricked many times by looking at some wild article titles and clicking to see that their source is that trash site.

• Like 1