X-Men: Dark Phoenix (06/07/19)

thrILL!

24 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

When they both agree, which is rare, it usually really does suck or really is good.

34 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I'll probably see it then since their usually wrong. 

I'd like to hear some recent examples. I haven't seen much lately where I have wholeheartedly disagreed with the RT score. 

2 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

I have no interest in seeing this at all. Such a shame because I love X-men. 

Same :( - if this is worse than Apocalypse then ... wow.

• Like 2

Le sigh.  It's such a good story from the comics, but it's a grand scale.  They need to build to this like Avengers built to IW and Endgame.  This is what happens when you don't put in the work.  I'll still probably see it, but my moderate expectations have been lowered.

Ugh.  So....discouraging.

The only silver lining is enough time will pass that will probably allow the MCU to reboot every actor, which is a shame in Fassbender / McAvoy's case, but realistically, they need to rebuild this franchise from the ground up.

Such a letdown after Days of Future Past really promised a new beginning.     Apocalypse and now this.   At least we had Logan.

7 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Did the series switch directors or something? First Class and Days of Future Past are absolutely amazing. Just fantastic movies. Apocalypse was a pile of dog s*** and I’m hearing even worse things about this one. 

Yes they did. The director of this movie, wrote X-men the last stand.