NBA GDT | 18'-19 | I Love Mod Edits

FinneasGage

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Wouldn't be the first time a PG took the next step in the middle of a career.

At 28? Hardly. There’s much more of a track record of players starting off hot and cooling down than all of a sudden becoming super stars. We know what kemba is at this point in his career. 

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Is this his attempt at a power move? Only plays 7 minutes last night (6th among guards on the team) and suddenly he's out a week after his agent calls the GM and apparently couldn't get an appointment until Monday...

The amount of scrutiny he’s under as basically a rookie is pretty insane 

37 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

At 28? Hardly. There’s much more of a track record of players starting off hot and cooling down than all of a sudden becoming super stars. We know what kemba is at this point in his career. 

I mean yeah, it's more likely it's just a hot start. But there are multiple examples of PGs hitting a new level in the middle of their careers.

Kemba already made 1 big leap after years of average play. Not too crazy to think he made another after a few years of borderline great play.

11 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

I mean yeah, it's more likely it's just a hot start. But there are multiple examples of PGs hitting a new level in the middle of their careers.

Kemba already made 1 big leap after years of average play. Not too crazy to think he made another after a few years of borderline great play.

Yeah specially if they can get him a legit #2 like Beal...

1 hour ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

LBJ is shooting 50% from 3 in the last 10 games??? Wow

He's really turned it up since his beginning of the season 'struggles'.  He's been insane recently, but it's LeBron James.  It's laughable to me that some people thought the Lakers wouldn't make the playoffs (not necessarily here, just in general).

51 minutes ago, showtime said:

It's laughable to me that some people thought the Lakers wouldn't make the playoffs (not necessarily here, just in general).

I don't think this is a strong take at the moment. The Lakers are half a game ahead of the Rockets (and Kings) for the 8th seed. They are 2 & 1/2 games from being the 14th seed (and also the #1 seed). 

21 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I don't think this is a strong take at the moment. The Lakers are half a game ahead of the Rockets (and Kings) for the 8th seed. They are 2 & 1/2 games from being the 14th seed (and also the #1 seed). 

It doesn't matter where they are right now.  You're talking about the Kings... teams like that will fall back.  The Grizzlies have the 2nd seed, or something like that.  They will fall back.  All of this stuff right now is interesting, but when it's all said and done the Lakers make the playoffs without much of a fuss - barring injury of course.