NBA GDT | 18'-19 | I Love Mod Edits

FinneasGage

49 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

How low would the Lakers sell on him?

I bet Bridges would get it done, but I'm guessing he's not on the table.  Once Ariza is eligible things can go more smoothly.

Phoenix receives:
Lonzo Ball
Solomon Hill
New Orleans 2019 1st Round Pick (Lottery protected)

LA receives:
Trevor Ariza
De'Anthony Melton
Milwaukee 2019 1st Round Pick
Phoenix 2019 2nd Round Pick

New Orleans receives:
Josh Jackson
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope

Not perfect for a lot of reasons:
-New Orleans and LA making a trade to help each other while battling for the playoffs?
-New Orleans would probably want something better for their 1st, but it gets them out of Hill's contract, strengthens their awful wing rotation, they get a young player who was just the 3rd overall pick last year, and they don't have to trade anyone from their rotation.
-LA is probably serious in not wanting to trade Ball for anything less than a great player...and they're probably stupid enough to believe he can bring that back.
-Phoenix trading 2 young players and 2 picks...but they get a young player and a pick back.

Edited by seminoles1

6 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Phoenix receives:
Lonzo Ball
Solomon Hill
New Orleans 2019 1st Round Pick (Lottery protected)

LA receives:
Trevor Ariza
De'Anthony Melton
Milwaukee 2019 1st Round Pick
Phoenix 2019 2nd Round Pick

New Orleans receives:
Josh Jackson
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope

lmfao...... unless Suns are sending that 1st round pick there is no way we are trading Lonzo

9 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Sorry but I can't let this go, I tried, But those claiming Lonzo is the 2nd most impactful Laker is just too much for me to stay quiet on.

I don't have that much of a problem with what you said. Lonzo did start off shooting nicely from behind the arc to start and has fell off big time since.

I would say Kuzma is our 2nd most impactful player now that his shot is falling again, he's playing better on D and doing more play making for others.

But, Lonzo does definitely impact the game in a lot of ways even when his shot isn't falling. He plays great defense, is great in transition/keeping the pace up, is a really good rebounder (fights for offensive boards), and so on. He is constantly giving maximum effort.

He's the type of player you want on your team and he fits along side LeBron and another star very well. 

Obviously Ball has to be knocking down 3s to reach his full potential and to ever be the 2nd most impactful player on the Lakers like you were pointing out though.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

lmfao...... unless Suns are sending that 1st round pick there is no way we are trading Lonzo

That's why I said this:

-LA is probably serious in not wanting to trade Ball for anything less than a great player...and they're probably stupid enough to believe he can bring that back.

You guys go on and keep thinking the next Ricky Rubio is worth all that...

Edited by seminoles1
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Sorry but I can't let this go, I tried, But those claiming Lonzo is the 2nd most impactful Laker is just too much for me to stay quiet on. The man coming in is shooting a horrendous 18% from 3 in away games, but added an 0 from 6 from 3 tonight. He was the teams low at -21. Teams are clogging up Lebron and others Lakers as they don't even cover Lonzo. 

After a reasonable start this season after 8 games or so. He is barely shooting 30% from FG and less than 25% 3 and going down even faster. Not only is he NOT a positive factor, outside of some fast break points and assists, but his half court game is killing his teammates with horrid spacing. How does a player, who doesn't finish well near the rim and shoot horrendously even consider as making a impact??? Let alone 2nd best on LA??? Why the hell does he keep shooting 3s when it is clear, he can shoot? At least B Simmons knows not to shoot them. But Lonzo keeps pulling.

LA really needs Rondo back asap.

How brave of you to not keep quiet. Lonzo started the year shooting a lot better but has fallen off. Kuz is probably the second best player on the team right now but he is still really overrated by the casuals. 

3 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I don't have that much of a problem with what you said. Lonzo did start off shooting nicely from behind the arc to start and has fell off big time since.

I would say Kuzma is our 2nd most impactful player now that his shot is falling again, he's playing better on D and doing more play making for others.

But, Lonzo does definitely impact the game in a lot of ways even when his shot isn't falling. He plays great defense, is great in transition/keeping the pace up, is a really good rebounder (fights for offensive boards), and so on. He is constantly giving maximum effort.

He's the type of player you want on your team and he fits along side LeBron and another star very well. 

Obviously Ball has to be knocking down 3s to reach his full potential and to ever be the 2nd most impactful player on the Lakers like you were pointing out though.

I am glad someone else see that Kuz is 2nd best, I was blasted for this a month ago.

Your right, Lonzo does impact with his defense. I will even go as far as saying his anticipation and playing the passing lanes (on defense) is as good as any I have seen this year. Just think a player who plays guard next to Lebron absolutely needs to make outside shots. Until Lonzo improves there, he is hurting LA in the half court offense.

1 hour ago, champ11 said:

How brave of you to not keep quiet. Lonzo started the year shooting a lot better but has fallen off. Kuz is probably the second best player on the team right now but he is still really overrated by the casuals. 

I am all about Bravery B|

I am not a casual if you are referring to me. But nice to see someone else agree with Kuz and #2.

1 hour ago, champ11 said:

What a hero

32 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

I am all about Bravery B|

I am not a casual if you are referring to me. But nice to see someone else agree with Kuz and #2.

I said Lonzo was their second best player. I think he is when he is playing well. Dude is just crazy inconsistent. 

I still see Lonzo’s ceiling as being higher than Kuz’s and Lonzo offering more value as a high level role player but Kuz is playing better rn and is a nice fit w LeBron. I’ll admit that for sure  

I kinda doubt either ever make an all star game in the varsity conference but Kuz’s profile is massive relative to his ability