NBA GDT | 18'-19 | I Love Mod Edits

FinneasGage

9 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

I disagree. 1 v 1 Melo might be better but I'd rather have Ryan Anderson. He knows his role. Melo legit thinks he's a superstar still

If his role is to be on the bench for any important game, I agree. Anderson shouldn't get minutes for the Suns. He is unbelievably bad. The worst team in the NBA would be better if he didn't get any minutes.

4 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

If his role is to be on the bench for any important game, I agree. Anderson shouldn't get minutes for the Suns. He is unbelievably bad. The worst team in the NBA would be better if he didn't get any minutes.

Nah. He's one of the best shooting 4s in the league and actually has some pretty decent post moves. He can absolutely be a good role player on a 2nd unit, he's just stupid overpaid. 

I'd take Ryan Anderson on the Celtics in a heart beat over Carmelo. You literally couldn't give me a 1st to take on Melo. He's an absolute bum at this point in his career but he THINKS he's still a top 10 scorer. Its a recipe for disaster. 

1 hour ago, Texansfan713 said:

Harden being hurt

Ennis being hurt

CP3 suspension

MCW getting minutes

Gordon shooting 30 percent

Capela regressing offensively

Jeff Bzdelik retiring before the season

those are the reasons why the rockets have sucked this season so far.  If you actually followed them this season you would know that instead of saying stupid crap about melo being the reason we have sucked. even if we didn't have melo we would suck right now.

Melo playing like the washed up scrub he is also why you suck right now.

9.9 PER lol

3 hours ago, dtait93 said:

Melo playing like the washed up scrub he is also why you suck right now.

9.9 PER lol

i think its important to note that Melo was never suppose to come in and be a starter who is our 1st or 2nd option on offense. The injuries to Harden and Ennis have forced us to start him, and Gordon has been so bad that Melo has had to be our #1 or #2 option on the court at times. That is how you misuse melo and your team sucks. 

We've also played a pretty difficult schedule. Pelicans, Jazz, and Blazers are good teams, top 6 in the west. I wouldnt expect us to beat them in a playoff series without Harden/CP3 both playing and healthy. The clippers seem to have this mental edge over the rockets, I am not sure what it is exactly, maybe the whole CP3 trade or something. Regardless, We haven't played them with Harden/CP3 together either. In the game Harden got hurt in, we were only down 4 when he left the game. 

Also, the NBA's new freedom of movement rules have made playing the rockets style of D more difficult, the shot clock rule has given us a lot of problems because we always slowed way down after an offensive board and usually went into iso mode if we didnt have a quick kick out shot. These are things the team is going to have to adjust to

The rockets shooting numbers have been bad....really bad....but the rockets shot selection has been great. Gerald Green is shooting 29% from 3, Gordon is shooting 23%. These two guys are a big part of what makes our offense go, especially off the bench. The 2nd unit is where we have been losing the last 3 games. Green is a career 36% and Gordon is a career 37%. these two guys take 14 3s per game. It's not hard to see that this shooting slump they are in is playing a huge role in it. 

I know you will say that doesnt effect the defense, but it does. The rockets have always been a team that when the shots arent falling, they start to get frustrated.

Here is something else that is effecting the Rockets, they rank 23rd in free throw attempts per game. Last year we ranked 3rd. We rank 21st in free throws allowed per game. Last year we were 5th. Its a small sample size, but the numbers are showing that the new rules or whatever the case may be, has resulted in the rockets fouling a lot more and the rockets getting fouled a lot less. We are a -5 in attempts this year and we were a +6 last year. Thats a drastic change. 

now these trends might continue throughout the season, but if they revert back to normal levels, the rockets will start getting more free throws and making more 3s. This will lead to more half court scoring and less fast break chances, where we have been absolutely terrible on D. 

and even with the worst start imaginable, there are still 11 teams giving up more PPG than we are. 

1 hour ago, Supersuavesky said:

You know who can help the Rockets?

Nic Batum.

Really tough to match salaries because PJ Tucker is apparently untradeable...not that they should trade him for Batum though.

Knight, Chriss, Nene, and MCW for Batum.

Edited by seminoles1

8 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

What does spending their FREE time have to do with not getting better?

I mean, instead of watching more film, practicing, getting more shots in these dudes are attending video game conventions, etc.  Where's the passion, putting your all into it like Kobe and LeBron did/do.  Attend practice and then go home.  Where's the growth to their games, where is the improvement. 

8 minutes ago, showtime said:

I mean, instead of watching more film, practicing, getting more shots in these dudes are attending video game conventions, etc.  Where's the passion, putting your all into it like Kobe and LeBron did/do.  Attend practice and then go home.  Where's the growth to their games, where is the improvement. 

Is this a joke? You think all LeBron does is workout and go home and watch film? Dude is posting IG videos left and right of him goofing around with his kids and even playing video games with them. These athletes aren't cyborgs that just play bball or think bball 24/7. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Is this a joke? You think all LeBron does is workout and go home and watch film? Dude is posting IG videos left and right of him goofing around with his kids and even playing video games with them. These athletes aren't cyborgs that just play bball or think bball 24/7. 

No, but I don't think LeBron spends hours streaming Fortnite and attending video game conventions, either.