How are those second year players coming along?

Forge

1st - Corey Davis - Dealt with a hamstring all of last year starting TC. Had a huge game in the playoff game against NE. Had his best game this past week against the Eagles. Really coming into his own as receiver.

1st - Adoree Jackson - Very steady CB. He improved every game last year. For a little guy, he’s definitely not afraid to hit. Important part of the defense.

3rd - Taywan Taylor - Explosive but inconsistent. Last year in Mularkey’s offense, he couldn’t even line up right. Had a pretty solid game against the Eagles. Drops are an issue though but that seems to be a thing with every Titan receiver.

3rd - Jonnu Smith - Sucks. Not doing a good job at all replacing Delanie. Obviously he wasn’t going to replace him a pro bowl TE but I was hoping for at least him making a play or two a game. Liability in everything. Dropped an easy pass last week trying to body catch it.

5th - Jayon Brown - Very good nickel LB. Arguably our most improved player this year which is saying something considering he was solid last year.

6th - Corey Levin - Looked good in preseason. I’m holding out hope he takes Jones job at some point.

7th - Josh Carraway - Trash gone

7th - Brad Seaton - Trash gone

7th - Khalfani Muhammad - Trash gone 

Taco Charlton- He's coming along I guess. I would give him a C maybe a C+

Chidobe Awuzie - Dude is balling most of the time. But because of some of the most perfectly thrown balls, his stats look worse then they really should be. To make matters worse, Byron Jones is playing like a prime Darrell Revis and teams are realizing they don't want any of that. All in all, I would give him a B.

Jourdan Lewis- I thought he had a great rookie campaign, but Kris Richards has really just cut him out of this defense. I think he could do good elsewhere. I give him a B-.

Ryan Switzer- He's doing great!!!!! In Pittsburgh...... D for dumbazz because that's what Scott Linehan is and this FO for not finding a way to use him.

Xavier Woods- C+ he has been pretty decent and a nice surprise.

Marquez White- Practice Squad, and I wanted Adrian Colbert a Texas boy. Give it a F

Joey Ivie- Still passed on Colbert. F

Noah Brown- Didn't hate. I thought he might actually have No.2 potential on the depth chart. So far though. D

Jordan Carrell- TBH I forgot this guy existed.

Bears

Mitchell Trubisky, QB UNC

Coming off a 6TD performance, sooooo..  But for reals, it's a work in progress.  

Adam Shaheen, TE Ashland

Solid rookie campaign primarily blocking until the end of the season when Loggains finally decided to use him how he was drafted to be.  Currently on IR to return for an ankle.  

Eddie Jackson, S, Alabama.  

Playing like one of the best safetys in the league with 3 Ints in 4 games (should be 4 if not for a Mack offsides penalty) Tremendous value

Tarik Cohen, RB NCA&T

One of the most explosive and exciting players in the game today, and also one of the most entertaining.  Often compared to Darren Sproles or Tyreek Hill.  Very, very dangerous weapon

Jordan Morgan, OL (Can't remember the school)

Part of the logjam at the depth iol group for the Bears.  I would classify him as a likely cut in TC next year unless he takes a big jump.

The class had been really good so far, but ultimately its grade is always going to revolve around Trubisky, therefore it's an incomplete until we know more about him.

Charles Harris: Rotational edge rusher, meh.

Raekwon McMillan: Starting MLB after getting hurt last year. Been pretty bad overall. Meh.

Cordrea Tankersley: Decent nickel Corner I guess. MEh.

Isaac Asiata: Practice squad. Meh.

Davon Godchaux: Hey, this guy has actually been pretty sweet for us! Yay!

Vincent Taylor: Rotational DT. meh.

Isaiah Ford: IR all of last year. Showed some stuff in training camp only to drop to the PS. Meh.

Meh.

MALIK McDowell : LOL ATV LOL

Ethan Pocic OL : Starting guard (although missed last two games due to injury), playing pretty well.

Shaq Griffin DB : #1 CB. Playing really good this year thus far. 

Delano Hill DB : Special Teams player. Will see the field as the 3rd safety in passing downs.

Naz Jones DL: Battling injuries this year, but he is a solid piece in the rotation.

Amara Darboh WR: Released due to injuries. Might still be with team since NE released him.

Tedric Thompson DB : Was the starting safety in Earls absence. Played as a third safety on passing downs, will replace Earl going forward.

Mike Tyson DB : Gone / PS/

Justin Senior OL : Gone

David Moore WR : Made the team this year, has a few catches. Going forward, seems to be replacing Brandon Marshall. 

Chris Carson RB : Starting RB. Has some durability issues right now. 

Mike Williams - He was dealing was injuries all of last year. Looking really good so far and developing chemistry with Rivers.

Forrest Lamp - He suffered a ACL injury at TC last year and has been a healthy scratch for "confidence issues" as Coach Lynn put it. Looking like injury bust so far.

Dan Feeney - Our starting LG and one of the worst rated OL by PFF. Has regressed from his rookie season massively. Possible Bust in progress

Reyshawn Jenkins - Depth player at best. I don't see a future with him on this team. Possibly kept for Special Teams only.

Desmond King - Amazing and such a great locker room guy. Tom Telesco deserves major respect for finding this gem of a player that far back in the draft.  

Sam Tevi - Looked awful his first game in at RT for Barksdale but looked decent at LT(his natural position) filling in for a Russel Okung. Strictly a depth OL

Issac Rochell - He got some starting time towards the end of last year and looked good. So far he has looked bad to average but I can't complain considering where he was drafted.

King and Williams so far are the only worthwhile players in this draft class for the Chargers.

CB Sidney Jones is playing phenomenal in the slot. Statistically the best CB on the  roster which includes Darby. Problem is our idiot DC is to Stubborn to move him outside in place of the Human Cape 2.0  Mr. Jalen Mills.

Takk McKinley DE - I honestly think he will become a stud pass rusher. The only thing that could stop him is injuries. 

Duke Riley LB - He has played like absolute trash until the last two weeks. Could be on the up, but will never be anything more than an average player.

Damontae Kazee FS - The dude is literally a heat seeking missile. Just needs to calm down a little. I think he could become a nice player for us. 

Eric Saubert TE - Really athletic, but still a project/work in progress. A wait and see approach, but I won't be holding my breath 

Takk McKinley has stepped up big time so far this season and looks to be getting better every week. 

Duke Riley has (so far) been a complete whiff as he still looks absolutely lost out there at LB.  

Damontae Kazee has had some issues with being over-aggressive but he is a helluva player and considering he was drafted as a CB, has been solid at Safety.

1 minute ago, megatechpc said:

Takk McKinley has stepped up big time so far this season and looks to be getting better every week. 

Duke Riley has (so far) been a complete whiff as he still looks absolutely lost out there at LB.  

Damontae Kazee has had some issues with being over-aggressive but he is a helluva player and considering he was drafted as a CB, has been solid at Safety.

I would be happy to give Duke a pass the last couple of games. 

3 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

CB Sidney Jones is playing phenomenal in the slot. Statistically the best CB on the  roster which includes Darby. Problem is our idiot DC is to Stubborn to move him outside in place of the Human Cape 2.0  Mr. Jalen Mills.

I’m surprised Jones is already this good of a wrap-up tackler. Darby is a pretty sure tackler for the most part as well. Then you have Mills who can’t tackle in space to save his life. I don’t like the idea of Mills in the slot but it may help our secondary overall with Jones on the outside. Mills could probably get away with holding more in the slot as well.

Maybe our other second year cb  Rasul Douglas will get more time. He makes splash plays but is obviously not the fastest guy in the world. 

I’m convinced our corners getting beat on double moves is a result of scheme instead of skill.

Derek Barnett looks like a stud.

Corey Davis-Really looking good this year, like legit go to WR good(something we've been missing here since what...Kenny Britt?). Is currently on pace for 88 catches and 1248 yards. And this is with our passing game not yet fully clicking outside of the Philly game.

Adoree Jackson-Is a stud. In a secondary that has Logan Ryan/Malcolm Butler, he's the clear #1 CB. Surprised at how good he is this early. Thought it'd take him a few years for it to click.

Taywan Taylor-Starting to come into his own this season. Getting LaFleur may have been the best thing for him. Has shown his big play potential through preseason and at times this season. Hoping he continues to build off his recent performances.

Jonnu Smith-With Delanie out, he was forced into a bigger role and has really struggled. I still think he can become a decent starting TE down the line but so far, so bad.

Jayon Brown-Had a pretty nice rookie year and has build off of that this season. Was just strictly in nickel packages last year but he's seen more PT this year and is excelling. May have just had the best game of his career against the Eagles. I believe he and Rashaan Evans are a perfect fit for each other, as the future starting ILB for the team.

Corey Levin-Reserved OL. Had a very nice preseason. I think he had the potential to be our starting C as soon as next season.

Everyone else drafted was cut.

Overall, this looks like it could be a great draft class for us. We could potentially have our #1 WR, #1 CB, #2/#3 WR, starting ILB and future C all in this class. If Jonnu Smith can get his head out of his you know what, then that'll really elevate this class.

TJ Watt has been pretty disappointing.   Has major flashes, but then disappears.    Im really hoping we dump Joey Porter as our LBs coach.   The talent for Watt is there, but Porter has done nothing with any of our LBs.   Time to move on.

Juju Smith Shuster . -    Looking like a beast at the only position we seem to pick well at, anymore.

Cameron Sutton -  Outlook is bleak.

James Conner -   Much better than expected.

Josh Dobbs -   Looked good this preseason.   Hard to say at this point, but probably a solid backup at best.

Brian Allen -  Just made it back onto the 53 man roster after being put on the PS.     Not NFL talent, though.   Then again, most of our secondary isnt.

Colin Holba -   Who...I mean, wha.....I think I got this after eating some bad seafood once....

Keion Adams -  Future MVP....think Von Miller, Khalil Mack and Lawrence Taylor rolled into one manbeast of a player.    He is the primary reason Colbert stated we didnt need to draft any OLBs in the 2018 draft....because he is just that good.   Sure, he isnt on the roster anymore, per se.....but I dont see how that matters.   Dont be jelly, y'all....

Archived