2018 MLB Hot Stove Thread

Eagles27

4 hours ago, GmenSeattle said:

I'm actually totally down if the Yankees give Andujar another year to see if he can work it out at 3B...and if that doesn't work just throw money at Arenado, likely a better clubhouse guy and as good at the plate and defensively?  

Why would you want an older, ****tier version of a guy you could just have right now?

9 hours ago, GmenSeattle said:

I'm actually totally down if the Yankees give Andujar another year to see if he can work it out at 3B...and if that doesn't work just throw money at Arenado, likely a better clubhouse guy and as good at the plate and defensively?  

If we’re not signing Machado or Harper we are not signing Arenado.

According to USA Today's Bob Nightengale, the Phillies "have visions" of signing Bryce Harper, Dallas Keuchel, and Craig Kimbrel.

It would be a heck of a late-offseason coup. Phillies higher-ups had a lengthy in-person meeting with Harper on Saturday in his hometown of Las Vegas, and it apparently went so well that the team has shifted its primary focus more toward Harper than Manny Machado. Fancred's Jon Heyman hears that the Philadelphia front office has either already made a formal offer to the 26-year-old outfielder or will make one very soon. Keuchel and Kimbrel should come relatively cheap given the current sad state of MLB free agency, though a package of all three would still likely cost more than $400 million in total guarantees.

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Yeah I figured, but this is such a no-brainer I don't even know how to be sarcastic about it. Every team in baseball should match that offer. 

That's embarrassing for the White Sox, to be honest. Don't put it out there that you're going after these big names to get your fanbase excited and then put out a half-assed offer like that. 

11 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Why would you want an older, ****tier version of a guy you could just have right now?

He's a year older and by which measures is he that much worse?

Also consider that Machado is known for being selfish, doesn't hustle, plays the way he wants, isn't a good clubhouse guy, plays dirty...I can go on... Arenado not so much.  So please, convince me why Machado is so much better.

2 hours ago, Lions017 said:

That's embarrassing for the White Sox, to be honest. Don't put it out there that you're going after these big names to get your fanbase excited and then put out a half-assed offer like that. 

I would put "half-assed" in quotes.  Apparently that's a monster offer for this offseason.  This is ridiculous.

Cubs are going to be announcing their new network this weekend at the Cubs convention.  Early estimates are that it will bring the team around $300 million annually.  ANNUALLY.  If they don't pony up and buy one of these 2 young superstars, I rage.

Archived