eagles v. vikings thread

ninjapirate

22 minutes ago, joeybrowner47 said:

Have any of you noticed how nice us vikings fans are? We have class and don’t rub it in your face because we were raised not to to do that.. having said that, good game you guys will be dangerous if you make the playoffs.. fly eagles fly!

Were you raised to give backhanded compliments?

Also, telling people you don't rub it in their face is the same as rubbing it in their face.

That's like saying something disrespectful after saying "With all due respect".

It just makes you look bad. 

There’s a few smaller details but mostly that Linval improbable TD run and the Ajayi fumble cost us. Those don’t happen and we can probably overcome the shortcomings. The bad news is that nothing was solved. Cousins basically had his way with the secondary, the DL didn’t get enough pressure, the play calling  balance continues to favor the pass over the run badly, and the OL struggles to pass protect. Until we get the lot of those things fixed we’ll be a very up and down team and will struggle to get to 9 wins. Gotta hope Dallas and the Redskins lose this week and we keep fighting for the division and in that time we figure our woes out. Last year we were getting these bounces, this year we aren’t. But in a lot of cases, you make your own luck. We aren’t doing the small things to put ourselves into position. Got to bounce back strong against NY Thursday. It’s a gotta have it game. 

16 minutes ago, joeybrowner47 said:

Have any of you noticed how nice us vikings fans are? We have class and don’t rub it in your face because we were raised not to to do that.. having said that, good game you guys will be dangerous if you make the playoffs.. fly eagles fly!

Salt Mine still churnin from last year I see...

We're losing winnable games. Something we didn't do last year. Until we fix whatever the hell happened to the OL before Wentz gets killed, get back to committing to the Run and stop with the dumb A$$ penalties, more losses will follow.

With that said, No one is running away with this Division so even with a 2-3 record, were far from out of it. Now we need to go 1-0 in the Division Thursday and beat the Giants but the sky isn't falling yet. 

Getting dreary as hell though.

1 hour ago, joeybrowner47 said:

Alright fair enough I wasn’t trying to start anything.. I was actually trying to show that we can follow different teams and still have a some dialogue about football ? my bad if you felt otherwise.

I think most of us are fine if you wanna come here and say something/say your team is better...clearly they were better today.
Just hop of the horse before you do it.

You have to take it as well as you give out...last year the Vikings came hard at the eagles fans/the city leading up to the game.
Even before the blowout ended the eagles fans started hurling it back. Then it was just 2/3 weeks of whining, which made it worse.

Don't take things so seriously and it won't be so bad.

Good win, if we both can climb of our respective divisional trash heaps see ya in the playoffs. 

Alright fair enough I wasn’t trying to start anything.. I was actually trying to show that we can follow different teams and still have a some dialogue about football ? my bad if you felt otherwise.

If your gunna try to stir that pot, at least own it.

On 10/4/2018 at 9:40 PM, joeybrowner47 said:

You couldn’t pay me to head to philly.. I’m not interested in a hospital stay

On 10/4/2018 at 10:07 PM, joeybrowner47 said:

Stay classy philly

On 10/5/2018 at 7:28 AM, joeybrowner47 said:

I bet that feels good to finally be able to say.. believe it or not our teams had a ton in common until you finally won one.. if you guys had a modicum of modesty I might have actually cheered for you guys oh well 

2 hours ago, joeybrowner47 said:

Me looking for you posts that are "about football"

hhnI9dH.gif

Im pretty sure my original post was in response to “would any Vikings fans have the balls to show up in philly after last year?” And I’m the “instigator” of all of this “disrespecting” . Really?  I am soo tired of hearing about minnesalta and how we can’t get over losing to you guys last year. Every Vikings fan I’ve talked to would agree that the eagles completely outplayed us last year and deserved to win. This was never about the eagles or the Vikings it was always about how “some”  eagles fans should probably be in jail for the way they treated they’re fellow countrymen.. I can tell you that I had season tickets for the Vikings for many years and if anything like that had ever happened vikings fans would have stepped in an “handled” it to make sure that any opposing fan wouldn’t have felt threatened. Maybe it’s just different being from the Midwest I don’t know 

9 minutes ago, joeybrowner47 said:

Im pretty sure my original post was in response to “would any Vikings fans have the balls to show up in philly after last year?” And I’m the “instigator” of all of this “disrespecting” . Really?  I am soo tired of hearing about minnesalta and how we can’t get over losing to you guys last year. Every Vikings fan I’ve talked to would agree that the eagles completely outplayed us last year and deserved to win. This was never about the eagles or the Vikings it was always about how “some”  eagles fans should probably be in jail for the way they treated they’re fellow countrymen.. I can tell you that I had season tickets for the Vikings for many years and if anything like that had ever happened vikings fans would have stepped in an “handled” it to make sure that any opposing fan wouldn’t have felt threatened. Maybe it’s just different being from the Midwest I don’t know 

tenor.gif?itemid=7836385

Archived