Week 6 GDT - San Francisco (1-4) @ Green Bay (2-2-1)

Leader

9 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

You must be somewhere in the Stockholm, Copenhagen, Berlin, Frankfurt, Sarajevo, Rome, Capetown, timeband  (GMT + 1 hour). I'm one hour ahead of you (Bristol, S.W.England). I've stayed up for late matches before, but going to bed at  four thirty in the morning is (as you say) a pain. It's easier if you are retired, and can sleep till 11 or 12 though.

I'm in Bilbao, Spain, same timezone as those cities, even though geographically we should be in the same timezone as you.

I spent the summer of '15 working there in Bristol - I didn't get to see much of the city though, my hotel was close to the client's offices up north in Bradley Stoke and we rarely had time to get a cab and visit downtown. In fact I think I only went twice - once for some quick shopping when the airline lost my luggage and another to have dinner at Steak of the Art (the client recommended it to us). That zone around the restaurant was nice for a little walk.

Ah, so the ESP part of your sig doesn't stand for Extra Sensory Perception.....................but ESPana. :)

The city (Bristol) is always busy,  interesting, and in the centre rather grubby. I can only claim to have visited the Catalan area (Barcelona) on the Spanish east coast, which deserves re-visiting, for the art (I love some of the Gaudi exotica), I've never been along the north coast. The most spectacular storm I've ever watched was when parked up high in the Pyrenees (on the way down to Spain) and watching it sweep in towards me. I was about 10 at the time.

6 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Football is stupid to me right now.

I hope this game makes me feel like football isn't stupid.

Same. The refs first and foremost. The sloppy play by everyone. The HC being a dolt. The Brewers chasing a WS. All adds up to my interest just not being on the level it usually is. 

14 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

I'm pretty sure that was Mac's first loss after the bye, and I think that's the only one he's ever lost with Rodgers starting. 

Problem is it was probably the best team we have played coming off a bye...which is why I used it as a comparison to the Rams.

3 minutes ago, TheBitzMan said:

That Broncos defense is miles better than this Rams defense. 

Yeah, the 2018 Rams could not be more different than the 2015 Broncos.

The Rams have an explosive, explosive offense with a dynamic young QB, head coach, RB, and WRs and have won their last 2 contests even while giving >30 points in each game. 

The D has a few stars who make plays, but with Talib down that D can be scored on early and often.

As for the 2015 Broncos, they had the corpse of Peyton Manning at QB and a defense that gave up <15 points per game in the playoffs and only 17.1 during the regular season. 

I don't think there is any question that the Rams are going to score on the Packers in 2 weeks, but can the Packers doing enough scoring themselves? 

1 hour ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Yeah, the 2018 Rams could not be more different than the 2015 Broncos.

The Rams have an explosive, explosive offense with a dynamic young QB, head coach, RB, and WRs and have won their last 2 contests even while giving >30 points in each game. 

The D has a few stars who make plays, but with Talib down that D can be scored on early and often.

As for the 2015 Broncos, they had the corpse of Peyton Manning at QB and a defense that gave up <15 points per game in the playoffs and only 17.1 during the regular season. 

I don't think there is any question that the Rams are going to score on the Packers in 2 weeks, but can the Packers doing enough scoring themselves? 

Doubtful.

21 minutes ago, Slinky said:

More writers calling out Mac's handling of Aaron Jones. Crazy.

https://t.co/R6kIeH3EnI

When the Packers came out for the second half of the Lions game, McCarthy was dead set on passing the ball on almost every play in hopes of overcoming a four-score deficit. The Packers ran 35 passing plays and just six runs in the final 30 minutes, and not surprisingly given their one-dimensional attack, the Packers could not put the ball in the end zone enough to win the game.

Yes Tom, it was the one dimensional thing and not at all the 4 score thing that keep the Packers from taking back that lead. 

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

When the Packers came out for the second half of the Lions game, McCarthy was dead set on passing the ball on almost every play in hopes of overcoming a four-score deficit. The Packers ran 35 passing plays and just six runs in the final 30 minutes, and not surprisingly given their one-dimensional attack, the Packers could not put the ball in the end zone enough to win the game.

Yes Tom, it was the one dimensional thing and not at all the 4 score thing that keep the Packers from taking back that lead. 

FFS, we scored touchdowns on three straight drives to open the second half and missed a FG that would have made it a one-score game.

The frustrating thing about these writers is there are so many valid things you could say to critique the Packers this year without completely embarrassing yourself.

Why can't people grasp that Williams is one of the best pass blocking backs in the NFL and TyMon is a WR? When we're in pass only mode Jones is a clear #3 to Mac, and it's not overly difficult to see why.

I bet if it's 24-14 in our favor in the 3rd on MNF, we'll see a bunch of Jones. I think he's probably the preferred back in situations where we either have to run or can be balanced. He isn't when we're in pass mode.

It really isn't hard to grasp.

Just now, squire12 said:

How many plays did Detroit bring an extra rusher in the 2nd half?

With Rodgers at QB, don't you want a defense to bring extra rushers to open up passing options?

Rodgers was having a hard time recalling when they blitzed in either half during his presser. Said there was a lot of guys back in coverage all game.

Archived