Packers Lions Post Game

skibrett15

3 hours ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Sometimes when you miss a kick or 2, it ****s with your psyche, I think it was all mental, don't think he's declining as a kicker.

Not sure what happened with Crosby today, but I agree, I think he’s a solid kicker for now and years to come. 

I didn't watch the game and tuned in on the radio after they were down by 14.  I felt like they were done when it was 2nd and goal from the Lions 4.  Williams had just run for 5 yards.  The next two plays were passes.  One of which was an intentional grounding that lead to another field goal miss.  The Lions run defense is terrible.  Why not try at least one more run?  

McCarthy and/or Rodgers need to stop outsmarting themselves and stick with what works.  They currently have the same record as the Cleveland Browns.  If they can't adjust and right this ship, it's time for Mac to go.  

7 hours ago, Slinky said:

Mac isn't a problem tho.

Aaron Jones isn't in the game because of pass pro.

Folks here are running out of excuses. I love it. 

If you think Aaron freaking Jones had one ounce to do with the outcome of that football game, well then there's things I wish I could say to you on here.

I don't care if he played 100% of the offensive snaps, the score stays the same. Jones didn't even look good yesterday IMO. 

We handed Detroit 30 points in swing, 30! but a couple more Jones handoffs I'm sure would've saved us.

If you're going to be harsh on Mac (and he deserves it) at least pick some material that's actually fresh.

24 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

The NFL is out to protect their players 100%, not only their physical well being, but their feelings too!

Unless you're a defender in which case we're going to let RBs lower their head into you, lineman cut your knees out at every opportunity, and WRs and TEs earhole you on crack blocks.

But so help me God we will penalize the **** out of you if the pillow you carry around for QBs to land in is anything less than 900 thread count.

8 hours ago, Howler said:

McCarthy looked like a beaten man in the presser. Glassy eyes. Something is not right.

https://twitter.com/packers/status/1049037614031015937 https://twitter.com/packers/status/1049037614031015937

The Packers need to move on after this season.  Murphy and Gute have to be getting upset watching this team struggle for a couple quarters of almost ever game.  The Lions are terrible and the Packers did everything they could to lose a game yesterday.  The first half was a complete meltdown.  Two weeks before it was a terrible performance against the Redskins.  The first half of the Bears game .. the 4th quarter and OT of the Vikings game .. unacceptable.  This team is so undisciplined as well .. that's a direct reflection on coaching. The relationship between coach and Qb is off.  Things just run their course .. time to try a different approach.  

12 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

This was the type of game where Gute needs to make a move to show he gives a damn about this season.

Or McCarthy.

Trade for a pass rusher.  I don't want to give up on this season yet.  Something has to change.  Can't just beat up on the Niners next week and expect everything to be okay.

Unless Gute makes a trade is there anyone out there that is measurably better than what is on our roster presently?

10 hours ago, Leader said:

All due respect guys, but quit trying to put Crosby's day into some context. It doesnt fit any of them.
He day was so bad - so out of character - you have to wonder if somebody died the day before - he had a lover drop his *** - he's an alcoholic and he just fell off the wagon.

It doesnt fit.

He's a good kicker. Regardless your long held perceptions and ******* - he's been good for this team. He's booted some good, clutch, long kicks for this team.
Hell - the 56 yarder he missed had plenty of leg on it. Why'd he miss it off to the side? I dont have the faintest clue. Why'd he clearly have a day from hell? Dont ask me - there's no rational explanation. It's clearly an outlier - because he's been a good kicker for us.

I have to believe other good kickers have nightmare games like this - maybe not this bad but bad enough.  I'll get concerned if he performs like this next week at Lambeau.

10 hours ago, Leader said:

Ahhhh no wonder I dont know who they are Ha!
Just bustin on ya.....

Brewers are playing well - cant be denied.
Maybe we'll get to play each other in the WS. Maybe yes/maybe no. Its a long way off yet.

Which AL team do you follow?

Archived