Who’s the worst team in football?

BayRaider

Who is the worst team in football?   

184 members have voted

1. 1. Worst team?

On 10/7/2018 at 8:47 PM, Falconof Shadows said:

Is aay falcons due to injuries the defense is so bad I'll be shocked if any team scores under 39 rest of season against that defense

As despondent as I am about the awful start to this season (especially their complete no-show against Pittsburgh) I can't put the Falcons anywhere near the title of "Worst" team in the NFL simply because they still have way too much talent for that.  Even despite all the injuries, they are still just a couple of plays away from being 4-1 rather than 1-4 and their offense will be able to keep them in any game for the rest of the season.  There are other teams out there where it feels legitimately surprising anytime they win a game and they should always be at the top of any "Worst" team list, aka SF, NYG, ARI, BUF, etc.  I know the 49ers can't help the situation they're in and that the Cards and Bills both have promising rookie QB's starting for them, but for this season they are all clearly the worst teams out there.

Gotta give credit to Buffalo though for somehow beating two decent teams.  I think they have the coaching and QB to be something special in the future...

2 minutes ago, megatechpc said:

As despondent as I am about the awful start to this season (especially their complete no-show against Pittsburgh) I can't put the Falcons anywhere near the title of "Worst" team in the NFL simply because they still have way too much talent for that.  Even despite all the injuries, they are still just a couple of plays away from being 4-1 rather than 1-4 and their offense will be able to keep them in any game for the rest of the season.  There are other teams out there where it feels legitimately surprising anytime they win a game and they should always be at the top of any "Worst" team list, aka SF, NYG, ARI, BUF, etc.  I know the 49ers can't help the situation they're in and that the Cards and Bills both have promising rookie QB's starting for them, but for this season they are all clearly the worst teams out there.

Gotta give credit to Buffalo though for somehow beating two decent teams.  I think they have the coaching and QB to be something special in the future...

The Falcons have lost games this year after scoring 37 and 36 points. It's hard to consider any team that can put up so many points as "worst in the league." Especially with a good QB in place.

7 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

The Falcons have lost games this year after scoring 37 and 36 points. It's hard to consider any team that can put up so many points as "worst in the league." Especially with a good QB in place.

Yeah....and you cant label a team as beat up as the Falcons the worst anyway.     Theyve only looked terrible in one game this year, and its after losing a number of key starters.

The 49ers without JG looks like a complete dumpster fire.  

Its really a testament to how good Jimmy G is that the Niners look this awful without him on the field.  I know everyone was crushing him early in the season but its obvious now that he's the only reason this team as currently constructed has any chance at all.  Kyle is an amazing coach and offensive mind but he has to have a great QB to execute his schemes properly.  A QB like Jimmy G can mask a lot of weaknesses on a roster and that has become all too obvious now.

The Cardinals are bad but Rosen shows promise.

The 49ers look borderline inept without Jimmy G and have a LOT of issues to address.

The Giants have a swiss cheese OL (Hernandez and Solder are solid though) and Eli is completely washed up.

The Bills look like the 2016/2017 Browns one week and then beat a quality team or two the next. Josh Allen shows glimpses of why he was a 1st rounder one play and then looks like a TE trying to play QB the next.

The Colts are a wildcard week to week. I think aside from Luck (who isn't the same yet) they look atrocious.

9 hours ago, megatechpc said:

Its really a testament to how good Jimmy G is that the Niners look this awful without him on the field.  I know everyone was crushing him early in the season but its obvious now that he's the only reason this team as currently constructed has any chance at all.  Kyle is an amazing coach and offensive mind but he has to have a great QB to execute his schemes properly.  A QB like Jimmy G can mask a lot of weaknesses on a roster and that has become all too obvious now.

I think you can say that about any starting QB though.

9 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:
12 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I have no idea how the Browns are winning games. Their coaching is unbelievable. They have to have one of the worst offensive personnel I've seen. 

What roster are you looking at?

Their personnel is plenty talented on offense.

BILLS******************************** 

oops

The Giants.

Did you see them on TNF? 

They have the talent but its ashame they cant do anything with it. Its embarrassing  At least the Bills are doing more with less. The Niners are fighting hard without Jimmy G. Like Beathard hasnt played terrible. The Raiders have been in games for the most part outside of the Chargers game where they didnt show up. The Colts have been fighting hard in their games. The Cards look like a team that can improve week to week with Rosen now.

The Giants on paper look like they can win 10 games but on the field look like they are a top 5 NFL Draft pick team. Alot of the Giants yards and points came off of Barkley big runs. Thats tragic when you have OBJ and Shepard at receiver. I can understand if the Giants had a poor receiving group but thats not the case. Eli looks shell shock and the Pats look like geniuses for not paying Solder all that money. The Giants oline is still a mess. 

The Bills are 2-3 and beat the Vikings and Titans. I don't know how they'd be considered the worst team in the NFL.

Week 1 and 2 are usually outliers in a season if you look at seasons past.

The offensive personal is pathetic but our defense hasn't allowed a TD in 6 quarters.

Our defense, coaching and sometimes Josh Allen / LeSean McCoy will keep this team around 7-9 I'm thinking.

By process of elimination, I've narrowed it down to either the Raiders or the Cardinals.  I haven't seen either of those teams play yet, but I think I went with the Raiders because they are the team that traded away Mack.  I like the Raiders, however, so I'm hoping it will end up ok for them if they can land Bosa.  Since they are also the franchise that picked Jamarcus Russell in a draft stacked with HOF'ers, I'll add that to make the deciding factor in this poll, even though that doesn't really apply nowadays.

Archived