Who’s the worst team in football?

BayRaider

Who is the worst team in football?   

184 members have voted

1. 1. Worst team?

17 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

I don't think I've ever seen a situation where a team with a record as bad as Oakland's, has had a fan base so aggressively argue that the coaching is excellent.

Not saying the coaching is excellent, but there is no problem with Gruden. This is the best coaching staff we’ve had in ages. Not talking about Grudens GM decisions. I’m talking about coaching. 

The problem is talent. This is the least talented roster in the NFL. 

11 minutes ago, lark25 said:

Previous Raiders front office did some damage?  May take Gruden a couple of years to build the team?

Too many misses in the draft. The first 3 rounds have been Reggie McKenzie’s biggest troubles you take that 2014 draft out and all of them have sucked and left our team in peril

25 minutes ago, lark25 said:

Previous Raiders front office did some damage?  May take Gruden a couple of years to build the team?

Reggie McKenzie is a terrible drafter. 2014 class? A+. 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, and 2017 are all D or worse. 

6 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Colts and Raiders at least have QBs that aren't terrifying to watch under center

Well said. Ah the incredible luxury of building around a QB you know can sling the football and win games. 

Gruden's very first draft pick this year: left tackle to protect his QB. His third pick? Another offensive tackle. 2nd pick? Defensive tackle.

Not glamorous ever, but this is how you build a trenches-strong team. Gruden was like 'sure we'll struggle now...see ya'll in 2020 and we're gonna be really good.'

2 hours ago, lark25 said:

It usually gets worse as Gruden opts for old guys. Y'all don't develop young'ns and it eventually catches up with you.

That's what he did to us. And that appears to be his plans again now.

20 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

It usually gets worse as Gruden opts for old guys. Y'all don't develop young'ns and it eventually catches up with you.

But our draft class this year is our best since 2014. Hurst is already looking quite good and many other guys are getting playing time and showing promise. Mckenzie's 2015-17 classes have sucked.

The reason Raiders fans are aggresively arguing that the coaching is good is because it is.

It's not some elite level coaching, but our defense uses lots of formations, disguises/creativity, and the offense is far more diverse than last years. 
We have played some pretty good teams and have been close in most of them, despite glaring roster holes, which we can likely address with a bounty of early draft picks and cap space over the next 2 years.

I'm fine even if we end with a bad record this year because I understand the team's direction in terms of reshaping the roster and adding players. The gruden jokes will continue, but if you look at the most of his roster moves, they either carry 0 risk (1 year deals) or have paid off for us. The Mack trade was an acknowledgment that this roster isn't ready to win big right now because of massive amounts of holes on defense and instead is building toward a more talented, well-rounded team over the next 2-5 years.

22 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Our drafts have been terrible under Reggie besides the 2014. He devoided our team to grow by drafting duds. Gruden knows this and it rectifying it by getting capitol and evaluating everyone his first year. Obviously the older guys know how to play (even though mediocre or worse) they are nothing but stop gaps in an evaluation year.

Gruden know he has to tear this ****stack down and draft players that are good and to grow with the team. I don’t blame Gruden at all. We had a bandaid covering a severe laceration. We need to draft good players. Reggie can’t do that.

11 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I'm just sayin'. Y'all went from the 19th oldest roster in '17 to the oldest roster in '18. And it only gets worse. 

However. It helps having Carr and not having to cycle through decrepit QBs every other year.

Can't wait for that Carr trade to happen, you just know it's coming :D

22 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I'm just sayin'. Y'all went from the 19th oldest roster in '17 to the oldest roster in '18. And it only gets worse. 

However. It helps having Carr and not having to cycle through decrepit QBs every other year.

In a rebuild. Gotta have ppl to fill the gaps

The worst team is the Giants.  Partially because they have so much talent on both sides and yet are so dysfunctional.  It sucks to say, but this is largely due to just how bad Eli has been.  And I loved watching Eli when he was good.  But he has been horrifying.  And their OL is minimally better despite Hernandez being very good.  

Also the Cardinals.  They are the least talented team in the NFL.  Awful OL, Kirk is too young, Larry is too old, and D Johnson can't do it all alone.  On D, PP21 is a stud, Chandler is great, Markus should return just fine...but there are question marks almost everywhere else.  Not yet counting flashes like Bynes.  

I think the Bills are in good hands and just going through growing pains with some legit talent.  White and Tremaine will be forces on that D for a decade.

Same with the Raiders.  They will build a very good OL and DL and go from there as evidenced in their drafting this year.  However, if Chucky goes power crazy, they could devolve very quickly.  And trading Mack was beyond stupid.  

Same with the Colts.  Going the right way and just need to do better with Luck.  

Same with the 49ers.  They just had awful injury luck.  And their winning streak last year was a bit of a paper tiger.  

3 teams that I think are going in the right direction overall.  The Raiders could be, but I have less faith in.  Cardinals need 2-3 years to build functional talent.  Giants are a legit dumpster fire with OBJYN as their best player.  And he just isn't a leader.  

I think Sean McDermott doesn't get enough credit, because I think Buffalo is the least talented team. The worst is probably SF at this point. The injuries have killed their offense, and their defense was always a unit that looked average at best on paper. It's performed worse than that.

6 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I think Sean McDermott doesn't get enough credit, because I think Buffalo is the least talented team. The worst is probably SF at this point. The injuries have killed their offense, and their defense was always a unit that looked average at best on paper. It's performed worse than that.

I think Buffalo has a talented defense. But also McDermott works wonders with that secondary. He’s taken cast offs, and UDFA’s and turned them into one of the best units in the league.

Offensive talent is horrific though. Benji is complete trash. Zay Jones hasn’t been good either, although i feel like they should try to use him more than they do, and the offensive line is really bad. The next few drafts need to be heavy offensive line, and playmakers to help Allen who i think with time is going to be the real deal. He’s looked good when he gets protection, but that’s about 10% of the time at best. 

McDermott gets his players to play their best, and had them incredibly resilient. They have and will lose games in blow outs because of that lack of offensive talent, but then they’ll come back and win and look like a hard nosed scrappy teams. Whenever the Buffalo offense is even average they win, since Sean has become the coach. 

Archived