which team need a qb right now

Vladimir L

5 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Now, he had a terrible OC/HC, so he can get somewhat of a pass for that.

I really don't know how you give him a pass for this. Mularkey was a major scapegoat for them. All of three starters in the league threw to open receivers more often than Mariota did last year. The scheme was getting guys open, he just wasn't getting the ball to them.

2 hours ago, pwny said:

I really don't know how you give him a pass for this. Mularkey was a major scapegoat for them. All of three starters in the league threw to open receivers more often than Mariota did last year. The scheme was getting guys open, he just wasn't getting the ball to them.

Well, it wasn't a complete pass.   It was just a vanilla, unimaginative scheme.  But yes, the OL protection they gave him, and the open receivers were why I'm not absolving him completely, either.   Remember, read a paragraph down...

he (Mariota) owns a fair bit of that (2017's down year) as well

This year, though, the ulnar nerve injury, there's pretty much no QB who could function at peak capacity with that.   Now, once it's resolved completely, then no excuses there.  But it's a very valid reason..for 2018.   2017, not at all.

16 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

We won a Superbowl the year after the (awful) Fox was fired - how is Elway not vindicated for firing him???

Apart from winning the AFC West 4 years in a row?  Generally those are not the kind of results that get head coaches fired.  

Putting that aside, how would you compare Joe Woods to Wade Philips?  The statistics of the past three seasons are available if you want to go over that. 

I just see constant turnover with Elway and a glaring lack of patience from a guy who struggled as a pro.  How do you trade up to draft Paxton Lynch in the first round and release him after only 4 starts?  That's ridiculous.  Moves like that get GMs fired.

Broncos and Giants are the 2 teams that need an upgrade, I can't see any other team drafting a QB in the first round.

Cowboys need one as well but they won't admit it. They'll waste another 2 years with Prescott before they realise.

If Mariota doesnt show improvement this year, Tenn. could be in the market.

NE need an heir.

In order of importance:      Giants>Broncos>Cowboys>Patriots>Titans(?) 

20 minutes ago, H.E Pennypacker said:

Broncos and Giants are the 2 teams that need an upgrade, I can't see any other team drafting a QB in the first round.

Cowboys need one as well but they won't admit it. They'll waste another 2 years with Prescott before they realise.

If Mariota doesnt show improvement this year, Tenn. could be in the market.

NE need an heir.

In order of importance:      Giants>Broncos>Cowboys>Patriots>Titans(?) 

The Cowboys issue since 2010 is Jason Garrett. Dak deserves 1 more year before they should can him if he continues his poor play. 

8 hours ago, blizofoz45 said:

Apart from winning the AFC West 4 years in a row?  Generally those are not the kind of results that get head coaches fired.  

Putting that aside, how would you compare Joe Woods to Wade Philips?  The statistics of the past three seasons are available if you want to go over that. 

I just see constant turnover with Elway and a glaring lack of patience from a guy who struggled as a pro.  How do you trade up to draft Paxton Lynch in the first round and release him after only 4 starts?  That's ridiculous.  Moves like that get GMs fired.

Oh wow, he won a (shoddy) AFC West 4 years in a row with a QB who set ALL TIME records - well done Foxy! John Fox was a terrible HC in Denver, and did nothing but hold the team back. Anyone who thinks Elway wasn't fully vindicated for firing him by winning the Superbowl the very next year is absolutely outside of their mind.

Don't really understand the 2nd point - what has that got to do with the topic? I think you're mistaking me for an Elway fan boy. The decision to let go of Wade as a means to do keeping Woods (who would've left for another DC job) was a disastrous one, as was Elway's entire 2017 draft pretty much.

Did you see Paxton Lynch play? Seriously, did you see him play? Just because you're a 1st round pick doesn't mean you get a full season of starts. The guy had local media and fans in attendance hysterically laughing at his camp performances, and he couldn't beat out a 7th round pick who (I believe) is now the #3 QB in Minnesota.

I would much rather focus the criticism of Elway on actually drafting Lynch as opposed to cutting him, which without any doubt, was the correct decision.

On 10/8/2018 at 8:38 PM, pwny said:

Poor Marcus Mariota - the only Quarterback that has to deal with dropped passes.

PNo8sXB.png

And some of those weren't even passes he threw, but were Gabbert throws. 

Not surprised in the least the Eagles are tied for the league lead in drops. It's like they caught a case of the yippppps! 

12 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Did you see Paxton Lynch play? Seriously, did you see him play? Just because you're a 1st round pick doesn't mean you get a full season of starts. The guy had local media and fans in attendance hysterically laughing at his camp performances, and he couldn't beat out a 7th round pick who (I believe) is now the #3 QB in Minnesota.

I would much rather focus the criticism of Elway on actually drafting Lynch as opposed to cutting him, which without any doubt, was the correct decision.

I think we're agreeing more than disagreeing.  Elway's personnel decisions in the draft, free agency and coaching are why the Broncos are awful.  A GM worth keeping will at least make sure the team is good at something.

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 5:38 PM, pwny said:

Poor Marcus Mariota - the only Quarterback that has to deal with dropped passes.

PNo8sXB.png

And some of those weren't even passes he threw, but were Gabbert throws. 

That list cant be accurate. I have seen cardinals WRs drop at least 10 passes the past two weeks alone. 

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

It's still not bad by any stretch of the imagination.

Correct, not bad, but no one's calling it bad, we're just trying to bring that "Great Wall of Dallas" notion back down to earth.  2014 was the best this line ever looked and people ran with it. 2016 was a very good year, too.   2017 and this year? Very inconsistent in Pass-pro and can't get any push on big D-lines.  ZBS is their bread and butter but the 2nd level blocking has regressed heavily.  The loss of Frederick was the biggest hit to that scheme (cutting off the MLBs).

This is a huge year for both Mariota and Bortles, IMO.  Sometimes Bortles shows flashes of being good and then other times he's just bad.  The game against the Cowboys is really big for both teams.  Bortles needs to play well vs that good Cowboys defense.

Archived