Does Your OL Suck? Your Coaching? How About a Certain DB?

RandyMossIsBoss

9 minutes ago, ET80 said:

That's pretty friggin bad. We should go have a beer, talk about how bad our OLs are.

The frustrating thing as a Dolphins fan is that our starting OL was actually serviceable. Then Josh Sitton went down. Then Daniel Kilgore (who wasn't that good but still), then Tunsil was knocked out last game with a concussion. Our OL depth is woeful. Tunsil going out ended us being able to move the ball against Cincy.

I feel really bad for Tannehill. I make a lot of excuses for the guy, I realize that, but we've never given him a top 27 blocking unit in his entire time here. We've literally had a bottom 5 OL since he was drafted in 2012. Iirc, no QB was sacked more than Ryan Tannehill over the course he's been in the league. I know for a fact no other QB has been sacked more in a three year stretch (2013 to 2015). He was sacked 194 times in that span. His 2013 season ranks 10th all time in times sacked with 58. We basically David Carr'd him.

OL: Connor Williams is a rookie, I guess that's a bit of a weakness? But he is growing so I'm not too worried about it. Collins needed help against JJ Watt so Zack Martin helped him body slam Watt.

Coaching: Scott Linehan is defenitely the worst thing about this team besides the Front Office, he needs to have all of his crap thrown out the building with him along with it. Jason Garrett needs to get his walking papers too.

DB: We need better safeties period. You'll see Jeff Heath make splash plays here and there but he gets burned way too much.

14 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Checking in around the league on the top 3 scapegoats: OL, coaching and a single DB. 

Team: 

Are you satisfied with your OL?

Are you satisfied with your coaching?

Is there a major leak in your secondary, and if so, who?

A single DB? Nah. I mean, there is definitely one that sticks out as being even worse, but you gotta look at em all. ;) 

PFF says the Bears are the best pass protecting unit in the NFL.  I wont go that far but they doing well.  Could be better in the run game.  It's odd bc that's completely flipped from the last few years.  That tells me its philosophy.  Harry Hiestand is a DUDE for an OL coach so yeah I'm happy for the most part.

For the first time I can recall as a Bears fan I can honestly say there's not a guy on this coaching staff that I would consider replacing.  Been very good all around.

The Bears are one of very few secondaries in the league where everybody is back in the same place they were last year and it shows.  Outside of getting beat by 2 incredible indefensible passes and dropping an Int to end GBs comeback there really haven't been any lapses.  Eddie Jackson looks like an all pro centerfielder at FS.

15 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Checking in around the league on the top 3 scapegoats: OL, coaching and a single DB. 

Team: 

Are you satisfied with your OL?

Are you satisfied with your coaching?

Is there a major leak in your secondary, and if so, who?

OL : Actually... yeah.

For all the flack Seattle took, their Offensive line has been solid to good since week 2. They have run for about 450 yards in the last three weeks, and have kept Russell clean for the most part. Even Ifedi, which is insane to think about. 

Coaching : Meh.

- With Pete ya know what you are going to get.

- Shotty has been a big fat blah thus far. His gameplan has been causing Seattle fans to wax poetically about how Darell Bevell really knew how to play to Russells strengths. Russell has  been pretty mediocre this year and its kinda sad. 

- Ken Norton has been ok. Considering the talent lost this year, the defense has been solid. Losing Kendricks before KJ got back healthy really hampered them last week.

Secondary : Minor not Major

Tre Flowers is the weakest link, but considering he is a FS converted to corner, he gets some leeway. Been playing pretty serviceable overall. Thompson is a definitely a step down from Earl, but he has been pretty solid as well this year. The coaching staff loves him. The secondary got absolutely roasted by Goff last week though, though most secondary's do. 

3 hours ago, Gannon12 said:

2 rookies starting at tackle and the worst OL coach in the league. It’s all around poop

And speaking of single DBs, we are starting the worst DB in the league in Reggie Nelson. Veteran savvy with the athleticism of Zach Banner

2 minutes ago, riceman80 said:

And speaking of single DBs, we are starting the worst DB in the league in Reggie Nelson. Veteran savvy with the athleticism of Zach Banner

We got two rascal warriors with Leon Hall too. Getting that AARP discount and stories about the war

Our line isn't too bad.  It doesn't help that Rodgers is hobbling.  They could be better at run blocking however.

There are rumors of a riff between AR and McCarthy.   Perhaps a new perspective wouldn't hurt?  

We have some young talent at DB but every week one of these kids is out with an injury so who knows?   Most Packers fans are encouraged with our new DC.

Archived