Is it too early to focus on the 19 draft?

Doc Draper

1 minute ago, RSkinGM said:

Who is this kid !? Tyree Jackson 6'7" 245 lbs Q B from Buffalo. Moves well. 

A big project. I caught a pieces of a couple Buffalo games, most of the Bowl game. I wasnt thinking hes next level while watching. Like the announcers said, he would qualify as a graduate transfer. And probably should have found a good D1 team to head up instead of hitting the draft.

2 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

A big project. I caught a pieces of a couple Buffalo games, most of the Bowl game. I wasnt thinking hes next level while watching. Like the announcers said, he would qualify as a graduate transfer. And probably should have found a good D1 team to head up instead of hitting the draft.

The musical backup game with Josh Fields, Jalen Hurts, Austin Kendall and Tathan Martell, amongst others, deciding to transfer may have played a part in him just deciding to take his chances and go for it now.  For example, OU tried to block Kendall from going to WVU for obvious reasons, but eventually settled on letting him go because WVU was one of the only schools where he could still enroll in time for spring practice.  Some of these guys waited to the last minute. 

Some Senior Bowl Notes from Walterfootball.com:

• Staying in the NFC East, I've heard the Redskins like Jones but think he won't get to their pick at No. 16; they expect him to be a top-10 selection.

• (Redskins met with the Following Players) West Virginia wide receiver David Sills, Alabama State offensive tackle Tytus Howard, LSU tight end foster Moreau, West Virginia tight end/fullback Trevon Wesco, Wyoming defensive end Carl Granderson, Oklahoma guard Dru Samia, Temple cornerback Rock Ya-Sin
    Arizona State defensive tackle Renell Wren, Louisville wide receiver Jaylen Smith, Kansas State offensive tackle Dalton Risner

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2019/1/25/18197340/senior-bowl-montez-sweat-penny-hart-nine-players-impressions 

DE/OLB Montez Sweat

"Sweat came into the week projected as a probable mid- to late-first-round pick, and he’ll leave Mobile getting some hype for the top 10. Sweat was one of the biggest winners of Monday’s measurements phase, coming in at 6-foot-6 and 252 pounds (up 11 pounds from his listed weight during the year), with 35-and-⅝-inch arms and an impossible 84-and-a-half-inch wingspan, one of the longest wingspans for any edge prospect since combine data became available to the public in 1999."

TE Donald Parham

"Parham’s another Senior Bowl standout with outstanding length. The small-school tight end towered over just about everyone else on the field early this week—he measured in at 6-foot-8 and 243 pounds with 36-inch arms and an 84-inch wingspan—and displayed plenty of fluidity in his routes during passing drills.

The FCS All American caught 85 passes for 1,319 yards and 13 touchdowns in 2018, and the Senior Bowl coaches moved him all over the formation in Mobile." 

WR Terry McLaurin

"McLaurin has speed to burn: He told NFL.com’s Chase Goodbread that he expects to run a 4.35 or better in the 40-yard dash at the combine, a boast made believable by the Senior Bowl’s player tracking data this week. The electric pass catcher was the fastest player on the field for the North Team on Tuesday, hitting a top speed of 22.2 mph, and ranked third on that list on Thursday (19.6 mph). Oh, and he’s more than just a fast guy, too."

QB Jarrett Stidham

"I think it says a lot that Stidham, who was quietly competent throwing the ball, ended up being named the Senior Bowl Practice QB of the Week by officials running the event. None of these quarterbacks wowed audiences like some of the big-name passers we’ve seen at the Senior Bowl over the years."

Archived