Stock Investing

rickyt31

1 minute ago, vikesfan89 said:

Top golf is good for a guy like me that has no experience golfing.

The couple times I went golfing for real, I always felt rushed because I sucked so bad. It doesn't matter how good you are with top golf. I thought it was reasonably priced also

Maybe we should have a Football's Future get-together with whoever wants to come to the Brooklyn Park location when it opens up?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, theJ said:

It's a really small net.  Unless there's one i can't see below it.

It’s big enough for a small kid, they aren’t stepping over it.

If an adult went past it they’d almost have to be trying, in which case I hope they succeed.

When we went to the one here in West Chester I checked it out as I have a spacey 7 year old and it looked safe imo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It’s big enough for a small kid, they aren’t stepping over it.

If an adult went past it they’d almost have to be trying, in which case I hope they succeed.

When we went to the one here in West Chester I checked it out as I have a spacey 7 year old and it looked safe imo.

Yeah you'd have to be an idiot or just trying to fall. The swing area is pretty big.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

@ramssuperbowl99, can you check my math on this?

Long story short, you probably remember helping me go the mutual fund route. We had an initial investment of $5,000 and are investing $400 every month. (Next year we may actually up it to $500 a month). I went ahead and sought out the "aggressive" route, which is about 75-90% aggressive, and I have no regrets there. Even though this quarter has been rough (Yay, I've lost $500 since I started investing LOL), I know things will level out and then go back up.

If we do this for 25 years ($400 per month without investing another penny), we will have invested $125K. With an expected 7% return, we would be looking at almost exactly $291K. If the return is 10%, that would be approximately $433K.

Am I way off base here? Is this unrealistic?

4 hours ago, MWil23 said:

@ramssuperbowl99, can you check my math on this?

Long story short, you probably remember helping me go the mutual fund route. We had an initial investment of $5,000 and are investing $400 every month. (Next year we may actually up it to $500 a month). I went ahead and sought out the "aggressive" route, which is about 75-90% aggressive, and I have no regrets there. Even though this quarter has been rough (Yay, I've lost $500 since I started investing LOL), I know things will level out and then go back up.

If we do this for 25 years ($400 per month without investing another penny), we will have invested $125K. With an expected 7% return, we would be looking at almost exactly $291K. If the return is 10%, that would be approximately $433K.

Am I way off base here? Is this unrealistic?

I have it slightly higher, but probably the same ballpark factoring in taxes.

• Like 1