Stock Investing

rickyt31

5 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Dude...you have no debt outside your home even though you had student loans and 2 cars paid for in cash. You're not behind or naive. You're miles ahead of the average American who has an outstanding credit card bill, car payments, and lives paycheck to paycheck or worse.

There are people who work at big banks and make a ton of money by knowing tax law that aren't ever going to be as rich as you because you have good spending/saving habits. You're like 90% of the way there already tbh, all you need to do is reallocate some of the money you aren't spending into more tax advantaged accounts and invest it in indexed mutual funds so you start getting compound interest working for you.

Thanks man. It'll be good to actually get it started, idk why I felt like I was 20 years behind or something. 

3 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Thanks man. It'll be good to actually get it started, idk why I felt like I was 20 years behind or something. 

I second everything @ramssuperbowl99 said.  You are doing great.

You probably feel a little behind because your neighbor has a camero in the driveway of his $400k home even though he and his wife are both teachers.  Don't worry, they're broke.  You're not broke.  

Keep doing what you're doing, start investing heavily with all that money you're not paying in payments, and you'll financially independent sometime in your 40's or early 50's.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

#teamfidelity.

Also does Fidelity still have cheaper trades? Thought they did as of a year ago.

For anyone on TD Ameritrade, what have you transitioned to if you were investing in Vanguard previously? Its been a few months now, but just wondering. 

8 minutes ago, TLO said:

I’m team vanguard tbh. Planning to drop some money into their 500 index fund pretty soon. Super easy to navigate on their mobile site, too. Target retirement funds solid for a Roth. 

Here it is boys... we've officially hit the top of the market... when the smug money comes in, its time to run

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mm6492 said:

Also does Fidelity still have cheaper trades? Thought they did as of a year ago.

For anyone on TD Ameritrade, what have you transitioned to if you were investing in Vanguard previously? Its been a few months now, but just wondering. 

Not sure.  It’s like 5 bucks a trade though, hardly worth worrying about imo.

17 hours ago, theJ said:

I second everything @ramssuperbowl99 said.  You are doing great.

You probably feel a little behind because your neighbor has a camero in the driveway of his $400k home even though he and his wife are both teachers.  Don't worry, they're broke.  You're not broke.  

Keep doing what you're doing, start investing heavily with all that money you're not paying in payments, and you'll financially independent sometime in your 40's or early 50's.  

Damn, you're not too far from  it. lol. I have a live in an older section of town, most people are 50+. The old boy across the street is a dashboard carpenter going into retirement, and slowly letting his son learn how to manage and take over the business. Yeah we are both running our own gigs, but he has been doing it longer than I've been alive. Not really comparable since I've been doing my own for 3 years this year. He has earned the nicer house, newer truck, etc.

Honestly his boy is a bit of a pud, not sure he can hold the work down. I'm hoping to throw some money down to buy the whole business from him after his dad leaves.

• 1 month later...