Stock Investing

rickyt31

I bought some msft options this morning when they opened down. The options are already up 40% with room to run 

Seemed pretty clear to me that they are going to break through their upper limit and set a new high 

Msft price per share was basically what it was precorona but their prospects have certainly improved. I think it's going to rise above 200 

5 minutes ago, Gmen said:

If you told me in April that my stocks would bounce back by early June I would never have believed you.

The market is wild and unpredictable. Very happy with my purchases in March/April now.

49 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

The market is wild and unpredictable. Very happy with my purchases in March/April now.

I didn't pull the trigger b/c I didn't know how far things would dip and didn't know how much of a toll this virus would take on everything. I definitely missed out on a lot. Oh well, live and learn.

EDIT: And TBH, there's a chance things could dip right back down if all the openings and riots continue to spread the virus. If we are forced to enter another lockdown, it could be even more devastating.

Edited by JTagg7754

1 hour ago, JTagg7754 said:

I didn't pull the trigger b/c I didn't know how far things would dip and didn't know how much of a toll this virus would take on everything. I definitely missed out on a lot. Oh well, live and learn.

EDIT: And TBH, there's a chance things could dip right back down if all the openings and riots continue to spread the virus. If we are forced to enter another lockdown, it could be even more devastating.

If that's the case I'll just buy on the down again

20 minutes ago, Shockey1979 said:

Still holding that Tesla?

Half of what I originally had.  But that's the biggest reason I bounced back.  Wish I put everything I had in it when it was $360 in March. SMH

• Like 2

I would be selling all airline, cruise line, hotel stocks right now. They are all a mirage. 

coronavirus cases are creeping up (significantly in some places that have "opened up") and I think the market is overestimating how well these companies will do, even IF things 'go back to normal' soon. Things will open, and none of these companies will be profitable in the short term. Especially airlines, they have waaaay too much overhead to actually make any money anytime soon. there was a huge surge in these stocks over the past week - 10 days. It was too much too fast. I think there are going to be plenty of people who owned these companies precorona who look to get tf out while they can over the next week. 

I know a lot of people here were talking about how well they did on the cruise lines/airlines, take your profits and run. Its a mirage 

Hell, I would even throw oil in there too. Why on earth are all of these oil stocks up so much? Consumer demand has increased, sure, but not enough to justify the jump. I think demand is overstated and the risk of potential further shut downs is real

I am not a short seller, but I will be buying some puts. 

There are going to be some hard lessons learned by some retail investors over the next few months who have only started following the market since march/april and have only seen things go up lol 

• Like 1

On 6/9/2020 at 2:41 PM, JTagg7754 said:

You are supposed to be the positive guy?  Or is that only for the Covid thread?  

I was almost at a point where I was going to pull a large sum of money from my mutual funds.  Instead, I ended up taking enough money to cover my salary through the summer.  In one month timeframe (april to May) I regained all of that money back, plus what it lost in the initial downturn and covered what I took out to pay my taxes earlier in the year.  It was crazy. 

34 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

You are supposed to be the positive guy?  Or is that only for the Covid thread?  

I was almost at a point where I was going to pull a large sum of money from my mutual funds.  Instead, I ended up taking enough money to cover my salary through the summer.  In one month timeframe (april to May) I regained all of that money back, plus what it lost in the initial downturn and covered what I took out to pay my taxes earlier in the year.  It was crazy. 

Just the covid thread lol.  Someone said we needed a new positive guy so I nominated myself lol. I'm generally a realist. 

On 6/8/2020 at 8:46 PM, N4L said:

I bought some msft options this morning when they opened down. The options are already up 40% with room to run 

Seemed pretty clear to me that they are going to break through their upper limit and set a new high 

Msft price per share was basically what it was precorona but their prospects have certainly improved. I think it's going to rise above 200 

I bought a bunch last month and it's been up but there are days where it drops a lot.  I'm expecting overall huge numbers especially with new consoles.