Bucs fire DC Mike Smith

RaidersAreOne

50 minutes ago, El ramster said:

They missed out on Derwin James 

80% bucs fans wanted James. Vea was a surprise pick for most of us. And agreed with the logic of taking a DT in the first round. If he cant rush the passer at an elite level its a waste. But now that Vea is our guy i expect mccoy to be traded in the off season. Save cap space and build our scheme around Vea.

Smith should have retired after his stint with the Falcons.

Still crazy he was one dropped Harry Douglas pass away from the SB and probably winning it. It really seems that season sucked the soul out of him (that and that heart attack scare).

He should just get a nice coushy position coach gig and have a nice time.

Don't know why but this saddens me a bit and it's not because he done bad as the bucs DC.  I generally like and respect Mike Smith for what he did for the Falcons bringing stability to our franchise and taking us from the laughing stock of the nfl to respectability.  I wish he could have transitioned with the times and upgraded his defenses but really after his heart attack he never was the same fiery guy that motivates.

14 hours ago, DingoLadd said:

Firing the DC won't fix the talent issues, it might fix the scheme issues but it still won't fix the fact Tampa's best tackler is the sideline. 

It can (hopefully) stop our eight-yards-off-the-ball coverage. And that's a good start.

14 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Don't know why but this saddens me a bit and it's not because he done bad as the bucs DC.  I generally like and respect Mike Smith for what he did for the Falcons bringing stability to our franchise and taking us from the laughing stock of the nfl to respectability.  I wish he could have transitioned with the times and upgraded his defenses but really after his heart attack he never was the same fiery guy that motivates.

He's a great guy. But that didn't translate to anything worthwhile on the field.

21 hours ago, DingoLadd said:

Firing the DC won't fix the talent issues, it might fix the scheme issues but it still won't fix the fact Tampa's best tackler is the sideline. 

Actually it was pretty much the coaching. Tampa has talent on their defense and anyone who says otherwise doesn't not know what they are talking about. They also have a lot of 1st and 2nd year players on their defense who are going to have growing pains. Yes, they could use an upgrade at some areas, but they have talent. 

Archived