Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

12 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

As a LEO (not a cop but the corrections viewpoint) that cop was wrong we receive similar but not as extensive training that cops do and at no point are we trained to put our knee on the neck of a person like that and as soon as we have them handcuffed we are to reposition them onto their side or up. This cop in Minnesota should be and imo will be held accountable. The sad thing is this will brand all cops this way when in reality for every incident like this there are hundred of incidents on the complete opposite of the spectrum That never get any publicity. 99% of the cops in this country are honest good hardworking individuals who just want to make their areas a safer place, but like every profession there are select few who tarnish the profession.

Yeah it gets me annoyed that ppl talk about this as a majority of cops are like that. Sorry we only see the negative incidents on the News cause that’s what gets the rating and once in a blue moon they will show positive interactions. They want to re-enforce stereotypes. They show the rioting and the raiding of that target store. Do they want to re-enforce stereotypes for that Incident as well?

• Like 1

The cop deserves to be thrown in prison and probably will be.

However, not sure how it's considered racist. Any bad interaction between a cop and a black person doesn't necessarily mean the cop is racist. If the roles were reversed, no one would call it racist.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

As a LEO (not a cop but the corrections viewpoint) that cop was wrong we receive similar but not as extensive training that cops do and at no point are we trained to put our knee on the neck of a person like that and as soon as we have them handcuffed we are to reposition them onto their side or up. This cop in Minnesota should be and imo will be held accountable. The sad thing is this will brand all cops this way when in reality for every incident like this there are hundred of incidents on the complete opposite of the spectrum That never get any publicity. 99% of the cops in this country are honest good hardworking individuals who just want to make their areas a safer place, but like every profession there are select few who tarnish the profession.

I completely agree that 99.9% of cops are good folks just working a job like everyone else and I hate when people lump all cops together with this nonsense.

Obviously @NateDawg is a terrible human and probably gives tickets for going 1 over the limit, but not everyone is the monster he is.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I completely agree that 99.9% of cops are good folks just working a job like everyone else and I hate when people lump all cops together with this nonsense.

Obviously @NateDawg is a terrible human and probably gives tickets for going 1 under the limit--who you gonna believe?--but not everyone is the monster he is.

This.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

AdmiredAggravatingChipmunk-size_restrict

I'm not saying All Law Enforcement is bad...there are many good Cops who care.......but based on my experiences growing up in rural South Carolina and rural Alabama, that percentage is much higher than I COULD agree with.

But my main point and to keep it Football Related, I'm sure none of us want to get off into this Convo.....The Kneeling during the NFL games, was never about disrespecting the Military, as the President attempted to muddy the water and confuse people as to what the purpose was.....This is an example of the awareness that was attempting to be brought to the forefront.

Edited by DaWg_LB.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

However, not sure how it's considered racist. Any bad interaction between a cop and a black person doesn't necessarily mean the cop is racist. If the roles were reversed, no one would call it racist.

My mention of racism was related to the park incident with the final boss Karen. 

No idea about the cop, it’s irrelevant. His actions were turrible either way. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

My mention of racism was related to the park incident with the final boss Karen. 

No idea about the cop, it’s irrelevant. His actions were turrible either way. 

I agree his actions were Terrible and should be punished.

As far as the interpretation of the Officers actions...I would assert that it would depend on ones background, point of view, exposure, experiences and Study of Historical Events in this country over the past very short 147 years (that's only 3 generation).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I agree his actions were Terrible and should be punished.

As far as the interpretation of the Officers actions...I would assert that it would depend on ones background, point of view, exposure, experiences and Study of Historical Events in this country over the past very short 147 years (that's only 3 generation).

Oh for sure, I’m sure your experience are a whole lot different than mine.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Oh for sure, I’m sure your experience are a whole lot different than mine.

That comment wasnt directed at you, I just used your comment as my Reply...it seems as if your experiences have made you sensitive and aware in your responses and handling of that radioactive subject matter......it was actually more inspired by some of the other comments on the board....

Now as you once scolded me to do.......My Jets are cooled and now back to the Football.....LOL

giphy.gif

Edited by DaWg_LB.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DawgX said:

na its racist

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

@NateDawg, where are you at on this stuff?  I don’t want to turn this into a police bashing/race thread, but is there another perspective that you have or are in agreement with the outrage?

Outrage is pretty much the only right response to that incident. 

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

now this is something to riot about 

As long as there's enough people who will buy what's essentially the same game every year, then there's no reason for the NFL or EA to change what they're doing.