Avengers: Infinity War

Acgott

1 minute ago, theJ said:

That would be an interesting twist.

I don't say end the universe. But maybe kill Cap, kill Ironman, maybe have Loki and Thor kill eachother. Maybe have Spiderman and Bucky being the two mainstays in the Marvel universe.

I love Ironman, Thor, and Cap. But I want this to have the same impact that the first Star Trek movie did.

from interviews it seems like he won't be fully powered in the 1st one, Brolin made mention in an interview that seem to confirm he won't get all the stones until the second film.

What's tough is I see a lot of them dying...but also a lot of them coming back, given the nature of the gauntlet/Infinity Stones

So it'll all come down to which ones die in a way that they can't reverse

I think Cap will die...it's kind of a fitting end to his arc for right now.

Starts in an alley, scrawny and underpowered, getting beat up by someone way more powerful than him.

End on a battlefield, superhuman and immensely underpowered, getting beat up then killed by Thanos...with the power to change the universe as he sees fit. In an attempt to distract or just to give every last ounce he has.

But thats something you can make bend to other characters, like Iron Man. Once the most selfish, now makes good on the second time he sacrificed himself (see nuke from Avengers 1)

On 7/17/2017 at 7:06 AM, EliteTexan80 said:

Save for the last two, I usually go opening night for each one. My wife and I actually went to Avengers: Age of Ultron on opening night, the day before our daughter was due to be born. It explains a lot about my daughter, to be honest...

Is she horribly disappointing too?

On 7/16/2017 at 7:37 PM, theJ said:

I haven't seen many of these in theaters. Prefer to spend the same money and buy it later so I can rewatch. However, this may be one I see in theaters. Going to be really good. 

I almost always go opening night to these films (Marvel & DC, no discriminating here) at the very least for the atmosphere. Its always entertaining to be among those crowds. Its nothing like it was back when TDK came out, where they were truly Midnight showings, and only a few theaters had them, now its spread across the entire night.

On 7/17/2017 at 8:06 PM, HorizontoZenith said:

Not looking forward to this at all because Mark Ruffalo just said that everybody dies.  Take Iron Man, take Thor, take Hulk, but let Captain America live. 

I mean these guys can say just about anything right now and everyone would freak out. As pointed out, we have already seen "everyone die" and we will likely see it all happen again (Time Stone). I kind of hope they actually use Hella as the stand in for Death in this storyline.

But as far as going forward in the MCU, they are going to have to scale back down for the Rebooted universe. We started with Iron Man, Cap, Hulk, Thor, Black Widow and Hawkeye to make up the Avengers. I would be surprised if we get much more than that once the reset happens, because as of right now we are looking at 20+ members of The Avengers for Infinity War. My guess would be Black Panther, Cpt. Marvel, Spider-Man (?), Bucky as the new Cap, Ant Man & the Wasp, Dr. Strange and Keep Hulk around. The rest I could see dying, or retiring if they do survive.

6 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

I mean these guys can say just about anything right now and everyone would freak out. As pointed out, we have already seen "everyone die" and we will likely see it all happen again (Time Stone). I kind of hope they actually use Hella as the stand in for Death in this storyline.

But as far as going forward in the MCU, they are going to have to scale back down for the Rebooted universe. We started with Iron Man, Cap, Hulk, Thor, Black Widow and Hawkeye to make up the Avengers. I would be surprised if we get much more than that once the reset happens, because as of right now we are looking at 20+ members of The Avengers for Infinity War. My guess would be Black Panther, Cpt. Marvel, Spider-Man (?), Bucky as the new Cap, Ant Man & the Wasp, Dr. Strange and Keep Hulk around. The rest I could see dying, or retiring if they do survive.

Yeah, the only thing I'm really torn on is whether they stick with comic canon and make Bucky the new Cap (technically he got super serum'd in film canon by Hydra didn't he?) or if they trash Falcon's wings and make Sam the new Cap.

Also, depending on how much success DC has with Aquaman, I could see them bringing Namor into the MCU at some point.  I'm not particularly fond of that because I don't imagine a good mesh between how they tend to write a lot of the MCU heroes and how grey Namor needs to be in order to be properly portrayed, but yeah.  It'd give them another chance to go full throttle CGI which we all know they love.

2 hours ago, The LBC said:

Yeah, the only thing I'm really torn on is whether they stick with comic canon and make Bucky the new Cap (technically he got super serum'd in film canon by Hydra didn't he?) or if they trash Falcon's wings and make Sam the new Cap.

I think the way they have set up the relationships in the MCU, Sam is only there because of Steve. Bucky is in this fight now to atone for his past misdeeds. So if Cap would actually die, and they both survive, I think it makes more sense that Sam would hang up his wings (his true wingman is gone and he would be lost with out following Caps lead). Where as Bucky would probably feel like it was somehow his fault that his childhood friend was ever even part of this war to begin with. So the chance to pickup his shield, and continue to carry that flag into battle would be his new mission 

I have a feeling Fiege and Co havent decided who will take over as Cap either. Based on the deal Sebastian signed, it seemed like the original plan was for him to take over. Then Falcon got popular, both in the MCU and the Falcon Cap comic run. I imagine the studio is split. 

If it was me, and I am in no way saying this is what will happen, I would make the first post Chris Evans Cap movie a rival movie. Stan and Mackie have great chemistry together as shown in Civil War. So have both Bucky and Sam attempt to take on the role to honor their fallen friend and comrade but in very different ways. Have the movie be them trying to 1 up each other until the main villain (maybe a web based Zola?) takes advantage of their rivalry and lack of coordination. At the end of the movie they finally work together and one realizes the other is better suited to take over as Cap (I'd have Bucky relinquish the title to Sam and maybe have him go into a shadow mission role). 

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

I have a feeling Fiege and Co havent decided who will take over as Cap either. Based on the deal Sebastian signed, it seemed like the original plan was for him to take over. Then Falcon got popular, both in the MCU and the Falcon Cap comic run. I imagine the studio is split. 

If it was me, and I am in no way saying this is what will happen, I would make the first post Chris Evans Cap movie a rival movie. Stan and Mackie have great chemistry together as shown in Civil War. So have both Bucky and Sam attempt to take on the role to honor their fallen friend and comrade but in very different ways. Have the movie be them trying to 1 up each other until the main villain (maybe a web based Zola?) takes advantage of their rivalry and lack of coordination. At the end of the movie they finally work together and one realizes the other is better suited to take over as Cap (I'd have Bucky relinquish the title to Sam and maybe have him go into a shadow mission role). 

My guess is that Fiege knows what they are doing at this point, Im sure there was some struggle at some point, but they have this Universe so planned out, It would shock me if they have something as big as Captain America still up in the air. They will leave the future ambiguous to us at the end of Avengers 4, but they have to have a plan.

I do like that idea for a story, almost like a Man from UNCLE situation (some didnt like that movie, but the dynamic is really all Im talking about) where they have the same goal, but have different morals to do it by, and continue to get in each others way. But my question with that is, what do you do with the Shield? Do you introduce another one? (prototype from Tony) Do they fight over that one?

I like Anthony Mackie alot, but  I feel like if Sam Wilson is Captain America, it really limits his potential as the main hero. Atleast if its Bucky Barnes, he has the metal arm and is still Super Human like. 

8 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

But my question with that is, what do you do with the Shield? Do you introduce another one? (prototype from Tony) Do they fight over that one?

Retire it would be my guess. Put it in that Cap museum we saw in Winter Soldier 

It's going to be the 19th movie in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. 

Kind of crazy to think about. If you think of all of them as sequels, that's kind of unprecedented (as far as I know). 

I know I'll want to watch all of them again before Infinity War comes out but that feels like a lot.

Archived