Avengers: Infinity War

Acgott

Just now, MathMan said:
3 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

So after about five weeks??

not if Six Days, Seven Nights is playing.

Ah, never mind. That was an inside joke. I worked in the movie theater from 1997-1999.

There was absolutely NOBODY at this movie when it opened at my theater.

12 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Not a chance but not bcuz of the Draft (altho I’ll definitely be watching it).  I can’t handle all the knuckleheads who go opening wkd and make so much noise hooting and hollering at every little thing that you miss dialogue.  I’ll prolly go late Monday night at the last showing tbh. 

Id say that actually enhances the movie. Would you guys go to a Football game and want the stadium to be empty and everyone who was there just sitting on their hands?

Now Im not advocating anything crazy, but the natural reaction of a full opening night crowd is awesome. The gasps, the laughs and even the cheers. 

Ill take a few extended cheers that I may miss a bit of dialog over a mostly empty theater with some blue-hairs that talk to each other the entire time.

14 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Not a chance but not bcuz of the Draft (altho I’ll definitely be watching it).  I can’t handle all the knuckleheads who go opening wkd and make so much noise hooting and hollering at every little thing that you miss dialogue.  I’ll prolly go late Monday night at the last showing tbh. 

Sunday morning first showing is the sweet spot.  It's still a full theater because it's opening weekend so it has a buzz, the early showing is usually cheaper, and the knuckleheads who hoot an holler non stop don't get up that early.

10 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Id say that actually enhances the movie. Would you guys go to a Football game and want the stadium to be empty and everyone who was there just sitting on their hands?

Now Im not advocating anything crazy, but the natural reaction of a full opening night crowd is awesome. The gasps, the laughs and even the cheers. 

Ill take a few extended cheers that I may miss a bit of dialog over a mostly empty theater with some blue-hairs that talk to each other the entire time.

That’s quite the stretch of an analogy there but let’s go with it.  Instead of the empty stadium or fans sitting on their hands, they’re fans that go ape**** crazy over a first down during the first series and completely block your view from seeing the TD pass that follows. And then they go crazy for the dropped pass and are so wild that you miss the pick6 that follows.  Those fans. They think every little thing is an Easter egg and they damn near spontaneously combust over it. Yes, guys it’s a Quinjet. Settle down.  

They're too over the top. 

8 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Sunday morning first showing is the sweet spot.  It's still a full theater because it's opening weekend so it has a buzz, the early showing is usually cheaper, and the knuckleheads who hoot an holler non stop don't get up that early.

That can work too but it depends on the kids. If you get a good crowd of them, their excitement and joy can take it to another level.  One of the best experiences I had was during WALL•E where a 3 year old sat with her dad on the ground fooor area and laughed hysterically throughout the movie.  It set the tone for the entire film and everybody was cracking up.  It was so much fun.  

But if you get a bad bunch, the crying and whining can derail it quickly.  Been there done that too  

I love going 10:30p at night tbh. There might be 10 ppl there and plenty of room. 

15 hours ago, thrILL! said:

One of the best experiences I had was during WALL•E where a 3 year old sat with her dad on the ground fooor area and laughed hysterically throughout the movie.  It set the tone for the entire film and everybody was cracking up.  It was so much fun.

That is pretty cool.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2018 at 11:36 AM, THE DUKE said:

That's the dad showing Duke. Probably when I will be there.

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

I'll probably open up a spoiler thread separate from this one like I did for Star Wars TLJ

The good news is that the film opens about the same day across the world. We don’t have to worry about avoiding spoilers long from Europe or even the press.

Archived