Remind me again why Jack Del Rio is still not the Raiders coach.

CKS97

Not this again.. JDR is an awful head coach. He’s good for a wildcard berth every now and then but he’ll never be a consistent good head coach. Just not Super Bowl caliber. 

Gruden has a plan. He has more job security than any coach in history. Imo any coach would tank their first couple seasons if they had that luxury. None of them ever do as HCs usually get just two years to prove it.

And I don’t wanna hear we were going in the right direction, our roster sucked big time. Even that 12-4 year we were a 8-8 team that was just massively clutch. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Not this again.. JDR is an awful head coach. He’s good for a wildcard berth every now and then but he’ll never be a consistent good head coach. Just not Super Bowl caliber. 

Gruden has a plan. He has more job security than any coach in history. Imo any coach would tank their first couple seasons if they had that luxury. None of them ever do as HCs usually get just two years to prove it.

And I don’t wanna hear we were going in the right direction, our roster sucked big time. Even that 12-4 year we were a 8-8 team that was just massively clutch. 

There's having a crap roster and trading two of your three best players in one season (Mack for that Haul is justified but still) leaving only the QB who is surrounded by an expansion level roster.

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

JDR wasnt that far off from Jeff fisher, honestly. Never going to outcoach anyone or take you very deep but can keep you competitive at a minimum and will make a 2-14 team into a 6-10 team etc

The main difference was that Carr was superman that 12-4 year. It was really fun to watch him play like that and see him pull the rabbit out of the hat time and time again. It really felt like Carr could walk on water that year.

Seeing how his brother took a beating and was never the same... Hard to imagine that superman ever returns. 

I also don't think Carr really wants to go to 'sin city', he's very very religious... Just a hunch 

1 hour ago, SwoleXmad said:

There's having a crap roster and trading two of your three best players in one season (Mack for that Haul is justified but still) leaving only the QB who is surrounded by an expansion level roster.

No it wasn't. Not even close. It was a terrible trade. Let me break it down...

We got a 1st and a 6th next year and a 1st and 3rd 2020.

They got Mack and a 2nd and a 5th(conditional) in 2020.

5th cancels out the 6th. Their 1sts are looking like they'll be around 20th at least while our 2nd is probably gonna be top 5.

In essence, we traded a 27 year old DE who won DPOY just 2 years ago who's one of the 5 best defensive players in the league and a HOF caliber player for a mid 1st and a 3rd value wise.

Words cant describe how awful that trade was.

3 hours ago, N4L said:

JDR wasnt that far off from Jeff fisher, honestly. Never going to outcoach anyone or take you very deep but can keep you competitive at a minimum and will make a 2-14 team into a 6-10 team etc

The main difference was that Carr was superman that 12-4 year. It was really fun to watch him play like that and see him pull the rabbit out of the hat time and time again. It really felt like Carr could walk on water that year.

Seeing how his brother took a beating and was never the same... Hard to imagine that superman ever returns. 

I also don't think Carr really wants to go to 'sin city', he's very very religious... Just a hunch 

Lol, you're overselling Carr like crazy. You should probably be a used car salesman.

Carr has always been an above-average QB at best.

18 hours ago, CKS97 said:

Last year wasn't perfect, but he deserved at least 1 more year.

Del Rio did manage to take a 12-4 team and go 6-10 with them the following year.

Dare you to win half as many games with the same team, JDR. Double-dog dare you. 

13 hours ago, Elky said:

Lol, you're overselling Carr like crazy. You should probably be a used car salesman.

Carr has always been an above-average QB at best.

All I meant is that in the year he went 12-4 he was single handedly won them 5 or so games with fourth quarter heroics. 

It was Aaron Rodgers level 2 minute drills. 

Again, he's a different player now 

13 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

JDR wasn't a great coach by any stretch but dear god Gruden seems like a train wreck. Moreso than I expected.

Gruden is tanking on purpose.  The rebuild starts next year.  He’s tearing down the roster this year.

Archived