Relationship Advice Thread

scar988

15 hours ago, MdTitansFan56 said:

Was dating a girl 2.5 years. She lives about an hour from where I'm building a house. Asked her if she would ever move in with me down here. She said she wasn't sure. I first asked her about 2 months ago. For 2.5 years nothing wrong with this area at all she actually liked it. Now she can't see herself living here. We decided to take to time to focus on ourselves. She said she has no idea what she wants. Now I'm here feeling like a failure, empty and destroyed all at the same time. Did I do the right thing bringing up the future? Should I have given her more time to think? 

Guess it depends how old you guys are, but I think 2.5 years is a pretty reasonable length of time to ask her that.

16 hours ago, Nazgul said:

Ya'll's problems suck.

Imagine being @Nazgul and only having conversations with 1 girl.
And that girl is Little Debbie.
And that conversation is just me making airplane noises as I shove the Swiss Roll into my own mouth.

Don't settle for Swiss Rolls when you are a Cosmic Brownie or an Oatmeal Cream Pie.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Nazgul said:

Ya'll's problems suck.

Imagine being @Nazgul and only having conversations with 1 girl.
And that girl is Little Debbie.
And that conversation is just me making airplane noises as I shove the Swiss Roll into my own mouth.

This is so incredibly racist.

1 hour ago, MdTitansFan56 said:

I am turning 31 in April she will be 30 in July. It sucks but I'd rather it happen now rather than a year or so from now

so you guys broke up over it?

I mean if she doesn't want to move in after 2.5 years then maybe she wasn't the one man. I get that everyone's circumstances are different but that's not an unreasonable question that you asked. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Fl0nkerton said:

so you guys broke up over it?

I mean if she doesn't want to move in after 2.5 years then maybe she wasn't the one man. I get that everyone's circumstances are different but that's not an unreasonable question that you asked. 

Yeah she kept saying she doesnt see herself living in my area. I even told her give it a couple of years if she still doesnt like it we can buy a house elsewhere that works for both jobs. Sucks but life will go on. Thanks everyone!

Edited by MdTitansFan56

38 minutes ago, MdTitansFan56 said:

Yeah she kept saying she doesnt see herself living in my area. I even told her give it a couple of years if she still doesnt like it we can buy a house elsewhere that works for both jobs. Sucks but life will go on. Thanks everyone!

Hey man, you won out on this one.

She might have some underlying commitment issues, and that sucks, but like, better to know now.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, MdTitansFan56 said:

Not to open the wound again, but what was the discussion like when you started building the house? 

Tbh, it has nothing to do with the area. It was just a bull crap excuse to not move in. 

Sucks that it happened the way it did but as you said, better it happened now than later 

You seem to be taking it well, turn that house into a bachelor pad!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, N4L said:

Not to open the wound again, but what was the discussion like when you started building the house? 

Tbh, it has nothing to do with the area. It was just a bull crap excuse to not move in. 

Sucks that it happened the way it did but as you said, better it happened now than later 

You seem to be taking it well, turn that house into a bachelor pad!

The entire time we've been dating I was open and clear that this area is where I want to be. The house is actually starting to be built in April to avoid having to pay some bs taxes. But when I was looking at houses and land there were never any issues of location. I truly think she got freaked out about the future because the location was never an issue until I brought that up. 

I've had ups and downs but being a Titans fan I've become used to let downs haha

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MdTitansFan56 said:

I've had ups and downs but being a Titans fan I've become used to let downs haha

Try being a Texans fan. It's all down, very few ups.

Sorry about your situation, but you seem like you're very well adjusted right now to her decision (and make no mistake, your gut instinct is correct - it had nothing to do with location). I'd recommend cutting off any sort of contact - social media, text messaging, etc - don't let her try to work her way back in while she remains wishy washy on this whole thing. Clean slate, enjoy the "you" time and get out there.

It's a big world with a lot of beautiful people - use this time to get to know them. :)

• Like 2

So this girl I got a crush on I sent edible arrangements to. The day of Valentine's day she asks if I had a date or any plans. I say no I'm losing my abilities lol I asked her and she said she was going right to bed and frowned.

When she got the edible arrangements she said it was weird but cute. She didn't look at me today or talk to me can I salvage this?