Week 9 Post-Game: Packers 17 Patriots 31

Packer_ESP

28 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

I have been wondering for some time now if MM system with Rodgers has evolved to the point that even his WR's can't run it.

The discussions are always on how the receivers need to learn all of the signals, and adjust their routes the way Rodgers expects, and it seems more and more the receivers struggle with it. On top of it, Rodgers seems to only throw to wide open guys.

I feel like our red zone play is designed to get Rodgers to the TD record before he retires, so running the ball for TD's is out of the question.  I would guess I am wrong on that, but if I feel like if we would de-emphasize Rodgers a bit we might get better play and more high quality production out of him.  

If the system is dependent on the following

1.  QB needing to make a correct read

2.  multiple WR needing to make the correct read to avoid having players in the wrong spot/same spot

Is that a system that is cutting the margins too close?  Too much needs to go "right, be read right" for efficiency and success?

Neither QB looked GOAT-worthy last night, but there were noticeable differences between the two:

1.  Brady, Belichick and McDaniels are all on the same page, and they've designed a system that fits well with Brady's talents and his age

2.  Brady plays within this system, and takes what the defenses give him, knows his limits (due to age and whatever else), and simply executes

3. NE as a whole makes enough in-game adjustments for opposing teams to have to match their moves

Glad we kept it close for three quarters, but discipline overall is still lacking.

22 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I was by the end of it ha.

Wasn't supposed to take that long. But particle accelerators can be finnicky.

Sounds like **** you shouldn't mess with while sleep deprived tbh lol

2 minutes ago, SAM said:

The Packers lack play makers. Talent wise this is a average team at best. The Pats double team Adams and the offence goes nowhere. 

I don't know about that. There are  some playmakers, but they aren't utilized properly.

Just now, SAM said:

The Packers lack play makers. Talent wise this is a average team at best. The Pats double team Adams and the offence goes nowhere. 

Receivers were open all game.  Rodgers either missed them or didn't throw to them.  Take your Rodgers blinders off. 

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

If the system is dependent on the following

1.  QB needing to make a correct read

2.  multiple WR needing to make the correct read to avoid having players in the wrong spot/same spot

Is that a system that is cutting the margins too close?  Too much needs to go "right, be read right" for efficiency and success?

I think so.

I think it has become too complex when the WR has to make the same read/ get in the mind as a HOF QB who has been talked about as being very talented pre-snap.

I like playing good teams because they provide a solid template to judge the Packers by. No weaknesses are covered over. 

So, what I saw:

(1) Something is not right with Rodgers' arm/delivery. He's side arming it. Passes are too often short and/or off target. Inconsistent zip. Is the knee affecting delivery? The collarbone? This really the #1 concern. What's the long and short term prognosis? I'm worried.

(2) The interior O-line play is concerning. They run block off the left side OK, but pass blocking is frightening. They're going to get Rodgers "killed." If Bulaga comes back and Spriggs continues to develop, I would move Bulaga to RG. Third and fourth round picks next year need to be a G and C, as pro-ready as possible. 

(3) The WR group is mediocre. There is Adams, and? Cobb appears to be done. Allison is a journeyman. MVS and EQ are nice pieces, but another starter is needed. Kumerow should be brought up to see what we have there. Second round pick next year should be a WR. 

(4) TE is a mess. Kendricks and Lewis are done. Graham is nearing the end. Fourth (we have two fourths) and fifth rounds should be used on TEs.

(5) DL needs depth. Lancaster is getting snaps! Lancaster! M. Adams seems like another TT swing and miss. If Wilkerson's ankle is sound, he needs to be resigned asap. A FA would be a good idea. An older vet who can eat up some snaps would be just fine. Just needs depth.

(6) Both #1s need to be used for Edge rushers. Both. I would extend Clay and move him around in passing situations, but he shouldn't be a full-time starter. Not sure what to do with Perry. His contract is the problem. Otherwise he should be cut after the season. Sackwell and Gilbert are Ok for depth for now. 

(7) Breeland looked too slow and awkward for CB. Maybe he's just rusty. Let's hope. Otherwise I would bring him back next year only at safety. Safety should be another prime FA target this off season. 

(8) The young corners are cause for hope. Alexander, Jackson, and King (if he can stay healthy) are fun to watch!

I hate to sound pessimistic, but opposing coaches must see all of this too and they will exploit the weaknesses. My prediction is an 8-7-1 finish. Will that finish MM?

56 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Receivers were open all game.  Rodgers either missed them or didn't throw to them.  Take your Rodgers blinders off. 

Do you realize that you've become the Rodgers version of the unbearable Mac haters?

You both need to your agenda blinders off.

Anyone who thinks there's a singlular issue with this football team is simply an agenda pusher.

"Should have been a TD but Rodgers made a god-awful throw"

The wide receiver looks open. Looks like he's got the infamous and elusive "separation"
No defenders rushing AR or in the path of the ball.
Lousy throw.

Now - THIS - could be caused by his knee injury. Is it? I cant say - but I cant figure out any other reason.

Archived