Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

20 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

How far do you think we can go if we don’t get someone by the trade deadline? Because I thought we were trying to win a Super Bowl here. And if you think we can do that with what we have now plus one of the available free agents you’re lying to yourself.

Chill bro we'll get some dudes to absorb the carries. It's not hard to find decent RBs for a low price. 

• Like 1

Just now, DontTazeMeBro said:

How far do you think we can go if we don’t get someone by the trade deadline? Because I thought we were trying to win a Super Bowl here. And if you think we can do that with what we have now plus one of the available free agents you’re lying to yourself.

Did the Browns win the Super Bowl last year with the best OL in the league and Chubb + Hunt the best HB tandem in the league? How about the Titans and ol' ''King" 2k Henry, did they win the Super Bowl? 

No... It was the Bucs with Ronald Jones and Leonard Fournette. 

This is the greatest rushing system in NFL history. With the greatest dual threat QB in NFL history(Lamar Jackson) and one of the most efficient impact runners over the last 3 years(Gus Edwards). We also have Ty'Son Williams who graded out as one of the best runners of the preseason, and we'll bring in a veteran option as well. All within an offense that got 850+ rushing yards out of a Buck Allen/Alex Collins/Kenneth Dixon committee back in 2018 when Lamar was a Rookie and the system was still coming together. 

Forgive me if I'm not at concentration camp levels of depression.

Spoiler Alert: We'll still run the ball with league topping efficency and the only thing that will actual swing the outcome of games will be the same pass game issues that have plagued us since the start of the Lamar era, poor OL play, and regression on defense. 

I think we're undervaluing Dobbins. I think he is special and we lost a big explosive element on running plays when Lamar doesn't keep it. The thing that worries me most about losing RBs is that it might through gravity push more onto Lamar to make plays keeping the ball. The handoffs have to work in this offense. I'm not panicking about it and there are definitely players who would be bigger losses, but the list is closer to 10 than 20. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Did the Browns win the Super Bowl last year with the best OL in the league and Chubb + Hunt the best HB tandem in the league? How about the Titans and ol' ''King" 2k Henry, did they win the Super Bowl? 

No... It was the Bucs with Ronald Jones and Leonard Fournette. 

Do you just see the entire world in these all or nothings? like the best RB tandem in the league and the top individual runner didn’t win the Super Bowl so RB isn’t important. 

Just now, DontTazeMeBro said:

Do you just see the entire world in these all or nothings? like the best RB tandem in the league and the top individual runner didn’t win the Super Bowl so RB isn’t important. 

Strawman, also you said we wouldn't be able to win the Super Bowl with our current runners. So I just wanted to point out how a club could have even better runners and still fall short or have worse runners and still win it all- because y'know... that's obvious and your point was absurd. 

Lamar will be on a max deal next year and we're projected to have to significant needs at T, IOL, DI, EDGE, and CB. So just how much should we give up for a patch over at HB within an offense that could turn Le'Ron McClain into a 1.5K rusher?...

13 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

If you give me 2:1 odds that Ty'son Williams will be the starting RB (metric: most snaps) after week 8, I'd take the bet.

As I mentioned earlier Ty'son's pass blocking and receiving ability has been praised throughout camp and preseason. He's not only good(from what we've seen) in pass pro, but he's a strong downfield blocker too- which is a beyond valued trait in this offense. 

So there's a path, but if Gus bends the Raiders over to the tune of like 190 rushing yards(Which is certainly possible)- then it may be hard to move him out of that top spot.

Side Note: Matt Waldman really is one of the RB evaluators out there. Essentially calls Ty'son's eventual ascension in this video.

On 9/6/2021 at 8:45 PM, DreamKid said:

@wackywabbit You aren't alone.

Yeah I’m not panicking specifically because Tyson Williams has shown me athleticism close enough to Justice Hill with top notch run vision. He was highly impressive in the preseason. I see a RB who doesn’t have that breakaway ability, which is what we’ll be missing in the offense, but in our current tandem we’ll certainly have a very productive and efficient tandem.

The loss of Dobbins will be felt in those significantly explosive plays that JKD would’ve provided that now Lamar will likely have to provide- or our WRs will have to step up and provide.

Edited by diamondbull424

Couple of interesting tweets from Zrebiec.

First one is absolutely false and makes Jeff look bad. It's indisputable that Harbaugh had issues with players who were a little too 'extra'. He literally tried to stop Ray's entrance dance when he got here. Post munity & SB win when John had more leverage as a coach, even before that on some level, there was a noticeable shift away from certain personalities. I'm proud of Harbaugh's growth on this front, said it before but who would've ever thought we'd see Harbs wearing LJ's & Hollywood's chains on the sidelines? He's more confident, secure, and is better at connecting with a wider variety of players. Just a better coach all around. Acknowledging his evolution and progression within his own philosophy is more of a compliment to him than this denialism from Jeff is. 

The 2nd tweet I agree with. AB is headcase who has multiple DV issues in his past and bad domestic situations recorded on video. He was never coming here, and Harbaugh didn't even get the chance to voice opposition to bringing him in. He's a guy everyone kind of knows is scum but they're willing to look the other way because he's good at football. You could say the same about a lot of players, even past Ravens for some people's money, but AB is the poster boy for that dynamic right now. Everyone involved knows his story won't have a happy ending, but guys like Arians & Brady are willing to race the clock to squeeze some on field impact out of him. Biscotti though, doesn't give a F and doesn't want a guy like that around- and I don't fault him for that. 

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

First one is absolutely false and makes Jeff look bad. It's indisputable that Harbaugh had issues with players who were a little too 'extra'. He literally tried to stop Ray's entrance dance when he got here. Post munity & SB win when John had more leverage as a coach, even before that on some level, there was a noticeable shift away from certain personalities. I'm proud of Harbaugh's growth on this front, said it before but who would've ever thought we'd see Harbs wearing LJ's & Hollywood's chains on the sidelines? He's more confident, secure, and is better at connecting with a wider variety of players. Just a better coach all around. Acknowledging his evolution and progression within his own philosophy is more of a compliment to him than this denialism from Jeff is. 

Which is odd, because I could have sworn I read at least one article written by Jeff (just last year iirc) that explained this exact Harbaugh growth story