Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

39 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

He’s super solid, our fans are just spoiled haha.  

also Clowney wishes he could hold Judon’s jock lol. Guy was a bust and lives off one tackle he had in college. Judon was a late rounder and had to earn everything he’s done in the league. 

The hate on Judon is so unfounded. He was a dawg for us for years 

Pretty much. Same with CJ Mosley. 

• Like 1

Happy for Chris Moore. Always had talent, was just short on opportunity and the ability to win the coaches over. Some big catches and great STs plays for us over the years.

Even more happy with our current WR situation, but I do wish the guy the best of luck and am happy to see him have a big game. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

If Lamar turned in the game that Mahomes did tonight he would get CRUCIFIED for it and people would question whether or not he's still good.

Mahomes? Blame goes to literally everyone else.

The part that made me lose my mind was Collingsworth asking if they stopped caring because they won a Superbowl 2 years ago. Like boy, FOH! And to your point, you know its natural to apologize for the media darling. This ain't nothing new.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, berlin calling said:

it fills me with joy CLE took Mayfield 1st in 2018, not Josh Allen.

can't wait for the story to unfold come offseason, will they pay him big bucks or let him go? either way its going to be hilarious, especially reading this forum.

Honestly if they had taken Josh Allen I think he would’ve been a bust. Allen lucked out with what he had available to him IMO. Baker was better to man that Browns franchise. He was more pro ready and thus could look serviceable to good earlier on so that Browns fans could get behind him.

Whereas Josh Allen behind some of the inept decision making of that franchise, without Brian Daboll to truly guide and develop him, Allen lost in a sea of new OCs and HCs, I don’t think he would’ve had the moxie to survive Cleveland and would’ve IMO flailed behind the factory of sadness that enveloped that era of the Browns; he would’ve failed before he could ever have truly awakened his potential and would probably have been traded off to someone like Denver or Carolina this past offseason.

Conversely Baker within a less chaotic organization to start (CLE is good now with their HC/GM), perhaps a scenario like the Bills, likely looks like Matt Ryan level QB. Obviously not on the caliber of current Allen, but someone that I feel would’ve been more consistent than the current iteration of Baker.

EDIT:

But yeah after all the Lamar won’t last two years in the league nonsense from Browns fans, it would certainly be poetic justice for their Baker situation to devolve into an entertaining disaster. 

Edited by diamondbull424
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

When rumors in the offseason suggested the league had "solved" Lamar Jackson, perhaps the idea was that Roman's run scheme had been figured out. Because it certainly looks like teams can shut it down now.  

Anything in the NFL can be shut down if you dedicate enough resources to it, it just hinders you in other parts of the game. Now we're seeing the next step of this offense, punishing teams going all out to shut down the run.