Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

Wow, how worthless is Bart Scott? 

One of my all time least favorite Ravens who just continues to climb that list. Remember when Ray Rice was punking this clown before our first game vs the Jets when Rex went over? His phony tough guy bravado is so lame. 

He's got all kinds of energy for Hollywood Brown of all people, who's having a career year. Also the divide and conquer nonsense with "They picked Bateman- so they don't believe in you" is so stupid. The Cardinals went out and paid AJ Green... does that mean they don't believe in DeAndre Hopkins. 😂 Even his schtick is lame. What a bad look for someone who's already irrelevant.

11 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

One of my all time least favorite Ravens who just continues to climb that list. Remember when Ray Rice was punking this clown before our first game vs the Jets when Rex went over? His phony tough guy bravado is so lame. 

He's got all kinds of energy for Hollywood Brown of all people, who's having a career year. Also the divide and conquer nonsense with "They picked Bateman- so they don't believe in you" is so stupid. The Cardinals went out and paid AJ Green... does that mean they don't believe in DeAndre Hopkins. 😂 Even his schtick is lame. What a bad look for someone who's already irrelevant.

Must be desperate for views and interactions. Smh. This is so obviously out of pocket. 

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

There's so many things just factually incorrect about this segment, but then he goes into Marquise's name thing and just makes an absolute fool out of himself. You can prop up Lamar without tearing down Hollywood, and if that's what your point really was, why do you KEEP COMING AFTER HOLLYWOOD?????

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

Maybe I didn’t understand the segment/point. If he was simply saying Hollywood wouldn’t be the #1 for all those teams than I can agree with that statement. But he said “start” which implies #2 WR, that’s absolutely reckless because he definitely would be a great #2 for all those squads.

Kind of weird though, usually Bart has defended the Ravens in the past, though I understand his personality isn’t for everyone. Kind of has an arrogance to his opinions.

I feel had he just went on to clarify his point in the second interview, that would’ve been fine, no reason to come for Hollywood again that second time for sure.

1 hour ago, AngusMcFife said:

I saw Lamar missed practice with an illness. Is it just me, or for a young healthy guy Lamar seems to get "sick" fairly frequently? Maybe he needs to change his diet or something. 

Pretty sure he's missed a day during the week each of the last 3 weeks with "illness" but played the game.  Not sure what the significance of that is though

1 hour ago, drd23 said:

Pretty sure he's missed a day during the week each of the last 3 weeks with "illness" but played the game.  Not sure what the significance of that is though

Combining the fact that he looks less explosive running the ball this year compared to last and that he is missing practice each week, I think it’s fair to assume that Lamar has an undisclosed injury (maybe back) that is hindering him physically at the moment.

56 minutes ago, Rein said:

Combining the fact that he looks less explosive running the ball this year compared to last and that he is missing practice each week, I think it’s fair to assume that Lamar has an undisclosed injury (maybe back) that is hindering him physically at the moment.

Yeah smarter to put on the injury report “illness” than “back” so that bloodthirsty players/DCs aren’t out there targeting him like with the Broncos defense.

Though in terms of being slower, it could also be due to the fact that Lamar likely spent much of the summer more focused on his QB skills and less on his athletic training.

We saw how in Lamar’s rookie season he wasn’t the same explosive athlete he was at Louisville, which he contributed to the combine/pro day prep leaving less time to focus on his speed in the offseason, whereas he was able to focus on it prior to 2019; resulting in his increased speed.

So if presumably he spent less focus on his athletic training and more on his QB drilling, it would also make plenty of sense that he wouldn’t look quite as fast this season. Could be that the Lamar we see now (and his rookie season) is Lamar’s athletic floor, while the 2019 edition is his athletic ceiling.

It could also be that he’s just sick and just slower for no inherent reason though, so who knows.

12 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

With the Bills loss we are currently the 1 seed in the AFC

Sucks that the Bills are pretty much a guaranteed 6-0 in their division.

AFC North and West divisions will probably cannibalize themselves and the AFC will most likely run through Orchard Park.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

AFC North and West divisions will probably cannibalize themselves and the AFC will most likely run through Orchard Park.

Yep, The Bills only have one game left on their schedule that is a solid playoff team.

11 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

5 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

Yep, The Bills only have one game left on their schedule that is a solid playoff team.

Sure, may be easy to say they almost win out by this logic, but they inexplicably lost to the Steelers at home in Week 1, so there very well may be a surprise in there somewhere.

8 hours ago, sp6488 said:

Sure, may be easy to say they almost win out by this logic, but they inexplicably lost to the Steelers at home in Week 1, so there very well may be a surprise in there somewhere.

Yeah, the Patriots look like they’re building something over there and while the Jets and Dolphins are pretty trash, the Pats might be able to steal.

I’d say their most loseable games are Colts, Pats x2, Bucs, Panthers. Also the Dolphins and Jets look pretty dead in water right now, though with young QBs it’s possible the teams improve significantly enough over the course of the rest of the season.

Though to the earlier point, the Bills will definitely have the easiest ride presumably.