Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

On 10/27/2021 at 4:55 PM, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

we need Marlon Mack, but it's so ridiculous because literally all we need is a half-year rental.

I’d take him or Ronald jones… either way… but honestly if we don’t get this oline and secondary under control it ain’t gon matter either way

• Like 2

so are we buyers or what? do people feel confident in being able to go on a SB run? because thats the only possibility spending draft capital would make sense. DK obviously doesn't see it, as per his GD post.

i say keep your picks and let it play out. i'll enjoy the playoffs even with a first round out with a team that had quite a run with +10 starters out until the bye and still being a major force in the AFC.

this team is bound to spend money on some guys who earned it in #8,#5 possibly #77 and #23. may even consider feeling out if OBJ still considers himself a LT... or realistically signing for less with a team his talents are tailor made for.

need all the draft picks they have to influx talent for a seriuos run nxt year.

40m$ on IR says this team would compete for 1st round bye iyam.

1 hour ago, berlin calling said:

so are we buyers or what? do people feel confident in being able to go on a SB run? because thats the only possibility spending draft capital would make sense. DK obviously doesn't see it, as per his GD post.

i say keep your picks and let it play out. i'll enjoy the playoffs even with a first round out with a team that had quite a run with +10 starters out until the bye and still being a major force in the AFC.

this team is bound to spend money on some guys who earned it in #8,#5 possibly #77 and #23. may even consider feeling out if OBJ still considers himself a LT... or realistically signing for less with a team his talents are tailor made for.

need all the draft picks they have to influx talent for a seriuos run nxt year.

40m$ on IR says this team would compete for 1st round bye iyam.

My heart says we're buyers but my head says we're not. If we can't make the SB with this roster this year, so be it.

Odafe +1000 and Lamar +2000 are both really tempting to throw some money on for DROY and MVP. 

I know Oweh has slowed down a little bit the last couple weeks but it's nothing to worry about and I think Parsons will end up being pretty much his only competition for it at end of the season. 

Lamar I feel like will only have Brady, Allen, and Kyler to worry about for MVP.

Edited by BareYourTeeth
  • Like 1

Buyers, no question.

The fact that posters think this is not  Super Bowl condender is ludicrous. No team in the AFC is dominant, there isn't any reason this team can't get hot and knock out anybody. Especially if we can acquire a dynamic RB.  

Yes the defense has been garbage, but they have a good track record. Their performance could definitely improve after the bye. 

As long as we have Lamar at QB, we have a chance to win any game. 

• Like 4

I think it may be time to accept the fact that for whatever reason our defense just doesn’t seem to get the most out of pass rushers. Yannick was a stud everywhere but here. Judon now looks like a stud pass rusher as soon as he leaves. Zadarius took his game up a level once he left. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ray Reed said:

I think it may be time to accept the fact that for whatever reason our defense just doesn’t seem to get the most out of pass rushers. Yannick was a stud everywhere but here. Judon now looks like a stud pass rusher as soon as he leaves. Zadarius took his game up a level once he left. 

100%. 

2 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Maybe, but a counterpoint to consider for both of those...

Judon - he may not have had the pure sack production, but Wink clearly liked to use him as the straw that stirred the drink to some degree; he was a critical backbone component of what we did as a whole - so while we didn't get individual sack numbers out of him, we clearly got impact out of him

Smith - He was a later round pick who was ascending at the end of his tenure here; hard to say whether he was held back here or just continued to improve post-payday

Considered mentioning that guys like McPhee and Kruger have gone on to underperform their contracts elsewhere, but not sure how relevant that is to Wink's scheme (although McPhee looked like a new man upon his return)

Edited by sp6488
  • Like 1

On 10/29/2021 at 8:50 PM, AngusMcFife said:

Buyers, no question.

The fact that posters think this is not  Super Bowl condender is ludicrous. No team in the AFC is dominant, there isn't any reason this team can't get hot and knock out anybody. Especially if we can acquire a dynamic RB.  

Yes the defense has been garbage, but they have a good track record. Their performance could definitely improve after the bye. 

As long as we have Lamar at QB, we have a chance to win any game. 

On 10/31/2021 at 3:11 PM, Ray Reed said:

Why do Pittsburgh and Cleveland never look this bad or make these dumb decisions when they play us lol

On 10/31/2021 at 4:23 PM, baltimoreRebel said:

You love to see it. 

On 10/31/2021 at 5:11 PM, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

CIN clearly thought winning one game against us in October was their Superbowl. It's still concerning that Mike White and the Jets were able to do whatever they wanted against that defense.

Basically the only thing that could have gone better for the Ravens this weekend would have been Buffalo losing to Miami.

Cleveland lose
Cincinnati lose
Charger lose
Titans missing Henry moving forward (unfortunate, but beneficial)

Don't wish injury on anyone, but Danielle Hunter being out dramatically blunts one of the biggest worries going into a matchup with the Vikings.

Do you all think there is anything to the Ronald Jones speculation? I watched some video on him and he looks like he’s got a little Gus Bus to him. Hitting downhill hard with some subtle cuts to him. That kind of running seems like what we’re missing most in our running back room. Not sure that the bucs are really looking to move him as they are in win now mode.