Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

6 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Thoughts? I kinda agree with him.

Yeah me too but the Ravens are always value versatility above all else. Yannick is a straight up pass rusher and an average one at that, if that is all he brings to the table it's not surprising his snaps were limited.

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Eh.. in a general sense I think he's correct. In the end though he played fine for us and actually brought up his efficency numbers when he came to us from the Vikings. So he was actually a lot more effective in our fluid scheme/rotation than he was in the more static situation he was in with the Vikes and even the Jags those last couple years.

Beyond that I don't see how he can convince himself he should've been playing over Pernell McPhee when we had to stop someone like Derrick Henry- especially on early/run downs. I mean there was no reason to alter our overall defensive strategy for him. 

• Like 1

Watching the Bears preseason game, and granted, it’s the kids first game ever, but saw Justin Fields bail on a clean pocket and roll out to his right trying to extend a play with his legs.

Im curious, if at any point in his career he shows to be inaccurate at times or a run-first guy at times, will the “runningback!” criticisms be lobbied at him as well?

For some reason I doubt it. 

• Like 1

On 8/13/2021 at 3:09 PM, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I really like YN the player, but I will be thrilled about the Ravens chances of winning the game opening night if he's out there consistently for run downs.

4 hours ago, drd23 said:

Posting this specifically for @diamondbull424.  JJAW finally did something good in an NFL game (even if it is only pre-season)

Thought he’d make a career out of those types of plays based on his time at Stanford. Though I also learned a valuable lesson with him busting in the pros with regard to analyzing draft prospects. The two most important traits for WRs succeeding at the next level are IMO 1) consistently reliable hands and 2) ability to create last minute separation.

I was in love with JJAW’s ability to attack the football in the air, but he was like a taller James Proche, delivering highlight plays but with little separation. With better route physicality, he’d make things a whole lot easier on himself.

That said, nice to see him making plays with the Mighty Joe Flacco.

Edited by diamondbull424