Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

12 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Wonder if we’ll see a reunion with Zach Orr or Joe Cullen next year with Urban canned in Jacksonville.

Also lol @ that whole situation. Those clown show fans deserve it after running their mouths in here this offseason like they’re not the Jacksonville Jaguars

Who can forget when they all came in here and started mocking our compensation for OBJ.... which we turned into Odafe Oweh +. Six picks after they turned one of their Jalen Ramsey picks into Travis Etienne. 

Weird that we haven't heard a peep from them since. 

• Like 2

Speaking of Brown Jr, he looked out of shape (for him) and slow in the game yesterday. He's in a contract year and we sent him to the ideal spot to prove his worth as a LEFT tackle, but doesn't seem like he's capitalizing. He's been durable and provides some reliability at a ket spot, but he isn't looking like a true difference maker.

Worth pointing out the Packers were without 4 of their 5 starting O linemen (and the one that did start was easily the worst performer of the 5 starters, a rookie 4th rounder). They were missing their best TE (Tonyan), their best pass rusher (Z.Smith), their best corner (Alexander) and by far their best D lineman (K.Clark).

Now, I'm not saying the Ravens aren't suffering with injuries, just that the Packers are missing many key players as well.

By the way, I thought your backup QB Huntley looked very impressive. I could imagine several teams that would be better with him as a starter - he's fast too. And your TE, I hadn't watched before, but.............. monster.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Worth pointing out the Packers were without 4 of their 5 starting O linemen (and the one that did start was easily the worst performer of the 5 starters, a rookie 4th rounder). They were missing their best TE (Tonyan), their best pass rusher (Z.Smith), their best corner (Alexander) and by far their best D lineman (K.Clark).

Now, I'm not saying the Ravens aren't suffering with injuries, just that the Packers are missing many key players as well.

By the way, I thought your backup QB Huntley looked very impressive. I could imagine several teams that would be better with him as a starter - he's fast too. And your TE, I hadn't watched before, but.............. monster.

Buddy... it ain't even close so no it's not worth pointing out at all to try to compare and make yourself feel better about that game.

14 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Aint no shot GB fans are in here talking injuries lmao

I never claimed to have the same numbers of injuries. It was @BareYourTeeth that started that hare. What I was pointing out was the quality of the players lost and the cluster of injuries at one position (OL).

Your chart (see above) proves my point. If you look at the size of the GB bubble you can see that clearly. It is the only bubble that is close to the Baltimore bubble in size, despite the Packers being mid-league in total games lost. If you read my original post, it breaks down the details. 

In terms of history, the Packers had some very bad injury years (in terms of total numbers) in the latter days of Mike McCarthy as head coach, followed by a couple of quite healthy years under new head coach La Fleur (2019, 2020). This year has been about average (in terms of numbers) but damaging in terms of quality players. I hope that makes it clearer for you.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive