Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

5 hours ago, bmorecareful said:

Quick question… Has anyone ever considered moving Bowser to the Mike… im just thinking… he athletic enough… he’s our best lb in coverage… and if Ojabo comes back healthy and the player he was at Michigan he won’t be needed as much for edge reps… Ojabo Bowser Queen Oweh at backer… Campbell Jones Pierce/Madubuike on the line… Humphrey Williams Hamilton Peters in the Secondary… That base unit literally would have it all…. 

I've been suggesting for a while that Bowser could move inside.

3 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

I think you just rotate those guys. Ojabo, Oweh, and Bowser are going to all have the necessary athleticism to drop and rush, so I’d just let them all get after it.

In terms of Bowser, it’s probably best to leave him at OLB, if we’re moving someone into the ILB role for coverage, we should be looking more towards Chuck Clark because it’d allow us to move him around on the backend more to confused offenses.

If needed, Oweh has also shown the ability to rush from the inside and so we could go Ojabo and Bowser along the edges and then throw Oweh inside.

I’m just trying to have our best 11 on the field in base…. basically it comes down to whether u think Clark or queen is the 11th imo… everybody else I want on the field when healthy 

17 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

I'm not interested in moving Chuck Clark, at all. He's a team leader and one of our best players. Losing him would be a step back. Way too much turnover from our 21' DB core with guys like Jimmy, Deshon, AA, and Tavon, and Westry already gone. It's enough. We don't benefit in any way by losing him. I'm tired of offloading a core piece of of our team every offseason, and I'm also tired of these social media antics. Lamar on down, everyone on this teams needs to cool it with the cryptic BS that the vultures feed off of. 

This kind of stuff is a natural consequence of EDC taking too light a hand with players. It's great that he has a strong relationship with our team, but giving in to guys like OBJ and Hollywood's demands leads to situations like this. These slime ball agents are going to be in all of our players' ears every second pressing them to turn the littlest issue(like Clark possibly playing less because we added Hamilton) into a trade demand or request for more money because they smell blood in the water with DeCosta. He needs to shut it all down now before the precedent is set. 

10 hours ago, DreamKid said:

I'm not interested in moving Chuck Clark, at all. He's a team leader and one of our best players. Losing him would be a step back. Way too much turnover from our 21' DB core with guys like Jimmy, Deshon, AA, and Tavon, and Westry already gone. It's enough. We don't benefit in any way by losing him. I'm tired of offloading a core piece of of our team every offseason, and I'm also tired of these social media antics. Lamar on down, everyone on this teams needs to cool it with the cryptic BS that the vultures feed off of. 

This kind of stuff is a natural consequence of EDC taking too light a hand with players. It's great that he has a strong relationship with our team, but giving in to guys like OBJ and Hollywood's demands leads to situations like this. These slime ball agents are going to be in all of our players' ears every second pressing them to turn the littlest issue(like Clark possibly playing less because we added Hamilton) into a trade demand or request for more money because they smell blood in the water with DeCosta. He needs to shut it all down now before the precedent is set. 

Looking over the framework of a proposed trade and considering our depth chart… and I think I’ve changed my mind.

Ravens Get
1. James Bradberry = 2022 rental + 2023 void year (giving us flexibility).
2. Darius Slayton = 2022 rental
3. mid round pick

Giants Get
1. Chuck Clark
2. Mid Round pick

As long as the deal is mostly as above, I think we’d be fools to pass that up. Looking over Slayton’s profile with 4.39 speed at 6’1”, long arms, attacks the ball in the air that can get you some chunk plays off play action…

Then we strengthen our depth at corner with a veteran that has size, decent speed, and athleticism that has been a success within the league?

… And for that all we’d have to do is eat some salary and give up Chuck Clark to a defense that will obviously be a scheme fit for himself.

… And considering the depth we have at the safety position (suddenly) with competent backups like Tony Jefferson, Geno Stone, Ar’Darius Washington, and Brandon Stephens.

I’ve got to say I like it. I really like Clark and I feel our defense with him in it is elite within that secondary, but it’s still got a weakness with depth at corner and enough proven talent at WR. This would solve that IMO.

If our WRs we like ball out, we’re not forced to go with Slayton, but if they don’t, Slayton can come in and prove to be a solid 3rd option to Andrews and Bateman.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DreamKid said:

I don't see the bold as a problem as long as EDC continues holding on value. If you are taking care of players well AND you are maintaining value, then it is a win-win and not a problem. Hurst+change for a second, Zeus Jr + change for a first, Hollywood for a 1st have all been wins value-wise for the team.

• Like 1

Feel like Clark only moves if we can get a WR in return who we'd feel great about lining up as the WR2 position. Could see a Clark for Sterling Shepherd deal being made maybe. Then again at that point you'd probably just rather sign Landry and keep Clark. Golladay could also be an option but the $$$ probably doesn't fit. 

Edited by SalvadorsDeli

1 hour ago, wackywabbit said:

I don't see the bold as a problem as long as EDC continues holding on value. If you are taking care of players well AND you are maintaining value, then it is a win-win and not a problem. Hurst+change for a second, Zeus Jr + change for a first, Hollywood for a 1st have all been wins value-wise for the team.

Getting 3-4 1sts for Lamar, 2 1sts for Mark Andrews, and 2-3 1sts for Marlon would be value wins as well. At some point though you have to establish and keep a functioning core for your team. You also can't foster an environment where agents think it's open season on having their clients demand trades and/or more money. I mean we're now dealing with a cryptic and possibly disgruntled Chuck Clark.....Chuck Clark!!!. He's one of the most stoic even keeled guys on the team, a club leader, and the brain of our defense. He'd be one of the last players we'd ever predict dipping his toes in these waters, yet here we are. This kind of behavior has become incentivized.

It just feels like a slippery slope. 

1 hour ago, bmorecareful said:

I got a question for everyone… Why is everyone so down on Bateman… Like for instance… if he gets 150 targets next year and Lamar plays all 17 games what do U think his stats would look like… 

I don’t think anybody is down on Bateman. But since you asked, if he gets 150 targets and his rates were exactly the same is his rookie year, it would look like this:

Targets Catches Yards Touchdowns 1st downs
150 101.4705882 1136.029412 2.205882353 63.97058824

2 hours ago, bmorecareful said:

I got a question for everyone… Why is everyone so down on Bateman… Like for instance… if he gets 150 targets next year and Lamar plays all 17 games what do U think his stats would look like… 

Most people aren’t down on Bateman, but just acknowledge that he’s likely a fringe 1b type receiver and could’ve used another threat.

If anything I think what people are down on is the idea of Tylan Wallace, James Proche, Devin Duvernay, Isaiah Likely, and/or Charlie Kolar being the level of 3rd target that we’d hope to have.

Lamar proved during the mvp season that he could make things happen with a similar haul, but even then Willie Snead was more proven than what we have currently as our #3 option.

Its relying too much on unknowns to step up and also for the continued health of both Andrews and Bateman.

17 hours ago, Boodgyman5220 said:

I don’t think anybody is down on Bateman. But since you asked, if he gets 150 targets and his rates were exactly the same is his rookie year, it would look like this:

Targets Catches Yards Touchdowns 1st downs
150 101.4705882 1136.029412 2.205882353 63.97058824

But thats the thing he played half those games without Lamar… and while his best game did come with Snoop at QB it ironically was the only game where snoop tested anyone outside the numbers down the field… I think Bateman could be a star in this offense because he wins with route running… We will see but I think the injury to himself and to Lamar has everyone skeptical… I think he becomes our first drafted pro bowl receiver this year..