Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

10 hours ago, DreamKid said:

The discussion around the talent provided to our offense by the FO has legitimately grown psychotic. These are just talking heads paid to regurgitate feces for their pleb viewers, but a lot of the fanbase has lost the plot as well. I've never seen so many social media posts filled with such utter lunacy, even when compared to the hellscape of last season.

A lot of this insanity is just cope imo. Lamar has struggled with some severe regression and is now hurt. Fans and pundits who love Lamar are trying to explain away his issues in a deflecting way because they don't want to accept his poor form as anything but the fault of some ominous/nefarious outside forces.

Just actually got time to watch her take and I absolutely can’t agree more. She didn’t remove blame away from Lamar being apart of the problem as you sort of alluded to.

She simply stated that typically well run organizations we tend to give the benefit of the doubt.

She also wasn’t wrong with her other take about who do opponents fear when they play Baltimore?

Outside of Lamar Jackson and Mark Andrews, there is no one they fear. JK Dobbins is potentially special when he plays, but that’s not confirmed post injury and to her other point about “just because you make a selection doesn’t mean it’s the right one.” We selected Dobbins as someone that was injury prone in high school (torn ACL) and injury prone in college (high ankle sprain). It was only plausible that he would be injury prone at the professional level.

We’ve all discussed the fact that we had our pick of the litter and went Hollywood Brown over AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, Terry McLaurin, etc. We also went Hayden Hurst over Calvin Ridley and Nick Chubb. You can’t hit on every pick, but it doesn’t mean that picks and a direction can’t be questioned. And with strong organizations we historically have a belief that they’re sort of above reproach. Just like how Belichick for years made terrible picks and people just chalked it up to his genius.

So questioning the organization and the talent they’ve supplied Lamar with doesn’t also absolve Lamar of responsibility to perform. It simply means that our organization is consistently bobbing while others weave and that doesn’t always mean a Bob wouldn’t have been the more practical move to make. 

Edited by diamondbull424

7 hours ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

Pegging your expectations to building around Lamar just to 2019 and thus being able to say, "See, we're no worse off than when Seth Roberts played," is a clever way to try and polish up EDC's record up but it's extremely disingenuous. But what's telling about the comparison is just the obscene sameness of this offense in the 3 years since. It's not like our offense was actually stacked in 2019 from a personnel perspective. But it's a good barometer. Zero progress made, nothing meaningfully built from what really was a unique opportunity to build something new. Instead just quibbling around the edges about whether Devin Duvernay is better than Willie Snead. Yeah it sucks that Bateman got hurt but him getting hurt shouldn't have been the make or break thing it was if we took our offense as seriously as we took, I dunno, the punter or inside linebacker position. 

What's extremely disingenuous is pretending you're offering any analysis beyond your routine complaints surrounding the WR position. Your club knowledge is poor, so you consistently latch onto these vagaries like "sameness" "unique opportunities" "meaningfully built". None of that means anything past you wishing we had another WR, or a different OC(which isn't EDC's call).

You aren't going to come in here and talk down our specific talent or depth at QB, HB, FB, TE, T, G, or C- because even you know there's nothing to talk down. Yet, you can't just say "only WR2 is bad" because you're also trying to make zoomed out criticisms of our approach at large on that side of the ball. 

"If we took our offense as seriously"- Again, you're only referring to WR2. There is no WR we could've acquired with the pick(s) used on Stout or Roquan that would make any major difference right now. Go ask the Bears how they feel about giving up a Top 40 pick for Chase Claypool.

12 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

I don’t deny that Lamar has regressed in his ball accuracy, however EDC had a young QB and through the duration of his rookie contract forced him to choose between weapons and protection, when he should’ve been making the defensive side of the ball choose and rely on the quality of coaching to field a strong unit. 

Protection was bad one year(2021), and the only time Lamar hasn't had at least a 1st Round WR & All-Pro TE actively playing since he became the starter in 2019 is currently with Bateman being injured. It's not a normal or routine thing to have every single spot on one side of the ball be occupied by an above average player anyway. You'd be asking for a near 100% hit rate from the FO, which isn't reasonable. 

Not to mention we've had guys like Hurst, OBJ, and Hollywood all demand trades. Players who were established and slotted in as either a weapon or protection asset. This FO has dealt with mass injuries, inept coaching, and curveballs like players wanting out.

So I absolutely disagree with the idea that EDC hasn’t failed Lamar. The situation with Ronnie Stanley is kind of hard for me to completely pin on the front office because there’s not much way to know Stanley would sit out such a long amount of time, but in 2021 they knew they were trading away their top healthy OL and didn’t use a top pick to replace him for Lamar. Oweh was a dart so I didn’t hate the pick, but Creed Humphrey was one of the best center prospects and particularly one of the best fits for this offense in a long time.

Conversely in 2022 they knew they were trading away their top WR option and equally didn’t use a top pick to replace him. That’s unexcusable.

See this is where the disconnect is for me, I agree and certainly hammered more than anyone the ludicrous way we approached Tackle in 21'. I can't say that our FO somehow failed Lamar or our championship window though, and I don't know why anyone would. 

It's not EDC's fault that this club failed to win the SB in 19' or 20'. The talent on the team both of those years would have won it all with better coaching. In 21' we were one of the most injured teams in NFL history, wouldn't matter if we had Calvin Johnson, Jerry Rice, and Steve Smith at WR- we still were toast.

The reason I dig in so much on this issue is because it's clear to me(and imo it should be clear to everyone else) that the FO is the least culpable party in this whole situation. The FO committed a couple of errors, this coaching staff has committed legit terrorism. It's absolutely fair to say the coaches have failed Lamar and really all the players on this team. If we're being honest, I would extend the blame and failure label to Steve Biscotti as well. He enabled this systemic rot with Harbs/Roman.

It’s easy to see the plan EDC was shooting for in 2021 and 2022 for the offense, yet each time it failed because of things people had predicted. In 2021 both you and @Ray Reed predicted the OL issues prior and I maintained that EDC had a good plan in place. This offseason I called out the WR situation as very problematic and you’re saying you can see the plan. However the plan hasn’t optimally worked in either case… and that falls on EDC, he chose the defense over Lamar.

He completely rebuilt the OL, selected a 1st Round Center, and added two 4th Round TEs. You can't call that neglect or disregard for Lamar from any angle. I mean Isaiah Likely has more rec yards than Sky Moore, Wendale Robinson, Jahan Dotson, etc. He got us much done as he could without betraying our board.

I really respect you DB for standing tall on your Christian Watson take. Most fans just complain and offer up impossibilities like "Why didn't we take Pickens?" or "Why didn't we trade for Hill/Brown/Diggs?"- when we all know why those moves couldn't go down. 

Giving up a David Ojabo + Travis Jones + Isaiah Likely, etc is a realistic look at what it would cost to chase a high end lottery ticket at WR outside of Round 1. The Packers moved two 2nds for Watson. Ultimately I wouldn't do the same because I view the sum of all those parts as too valuable to part with going forward, but I appreciate your conviction in voicing that position. It's true that Watson would be one of the few that could've helped give us some extra juice this year.

6 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

We’ve all discussed the fact that we had our pick of the litter and went Hollywood Brown over AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, Terry McLaurin, etc.

Hollywood Brown was the only one of those players with 1st Round Stock, also Lamar personally identified him for the FO as someone he wanted. DK had medical flags. IDK, I'm fine with how that went down. They avoided the 1st Round bust(N'Keal Harry) and got Lamar a weapon he had great chemistry with.

6 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

You can’t hit on every pick, but it doesn’t mean that picks and a direction can’t be questioned. And with strong organizations we historically have a belief that they’re sort of above reproach. Just like how Belichick for years made terrible picks and people just chalked it up to his genius.

So questioning the organization and the talent they’ve supplied Lamar with doesn’t also absolve Lamar of responsibility to perform. It simply means that our organization is consistently bobbing while others weave and that doesn’t always mean a Bob wouldn’t have been the more practical move to make. 

That's the thing though, the Ravens just had a monster draft and nailed FA as well. Kyle Hamilton, Tyler Linderbaum, Marcus Williams, Morgan Moses, etc etc. We've got late round picks like Geno Stone and Broderick Washington straight ballin. Bargain acquisitions like Justin Houston have been stellar. We just had our QB2 come into the game and seal out a win. Our FO is dragging their nuts outside of literally just two spots CB & WR2, that's it.

It's easy to say "Who are the threats on the Ravens?", when Bateman and Dobbins are out, Andrews and Edwards are healing up, and Lamar/Roman have regressed. That woman legitimately doesn't know who Rashod Bateman is or that he's hurt. 

Here's a good exercise. Pick any team in the league, remove their WR1 for the season, give their top TE an injury to deal with, regress their QB, and slap Greg Roman in as their OC. Watch the kind of offensive output they drum up each week, then act like you're doing something profound by challenging their status as top talent evaluators. That's all that panel was doing.

I hate being put in the position of defending the FO. Typically I'm the one criticizing them, but all the latest chatter on social media and TV just totally misses the mark for me.

• Like 2

This Roquan Smith situation is interesting. The FO was willing to extend CJ Mosley with 14 Mill per in 2019, but thankfully he turned that down because the moronic Jets offered him 17 per. So are they now willing to pay Roquan Smith 20-22 Mill per in 2023 and beyond?....

The 3rd Round comp strategy is no guarantee, we've seen a couple of our big name guys leave only to net us 4ths. Also a comparative signing at another spot would cancel out the compensation entirely. 

Ngakoue ended up being a rental, but he wasn't as good as Roquan and only took a 3rd to acquire. 

We draft PQ in the 1st, try to sign Bobby Wagner this offseason. Philosophically, it seems like the FO places a lot of value on the middle of our defense. More so recently too. I wonder if their analytics department developed some new evaluation of that position. 

Exclusively playing awful teams, the rise of Kyle Hamilton, and our interior dominance throw into question just how much of this is Roquan but it'd be foolish to deny the energy and impact he's brought to the defense. I've seen drive ending plays from Roquan that we haven't had at the LB position since Ray retired. His ability to get around blocks, attack the small ball game, and body control on tackles is special.

I'm still not a fan of the trade, but I'm happy he's playing well and his future with the club is a key storyline to monitor as we close out the season.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Protection was bad one year(2021), and the only time Lamar hasn't had at least a 1st Round WR & All-Pro TE actively playing since he became the starter in 2019 is currently with Bateman being injured. It's not a normal or routine thing to have every single spot on one side of the ball be occupied by an above average player anyway. You'd be asking for a near 100% hit rate from the FO, which isn't reasonable. 

Lamar gave them Jeudy and Brown as options he liked, true. But Lamar also isn’t a talent evaluator as we learned with Flacco and Tandon Doss all those years back. But you’re right the front office provided both Brown and Andrews.

Yet most offenses are looking to supply their young QBs with at least three strong options. Lamar had only three strong options in 2021 between Brown, Bateman/Watkins, and Andrews; but their draft choices had him choosing between OL and defense.

Speaking of the OL, while it wasn’t absolutely terrible in 2020, it certainly wasn’t good. Between Skura snapping away multiple games and then Mekari taking over and while he was above average (until he equally had a troublesome game against Buffalo), Tyre Phillips being one of the worst starting OL in the league that season and he started 8 games and was pivotal in others, the other RG of the time was Ben Powers who was below average to bad at RG. While Bozeman was simply average to above average, more of a solid starter but nothing special.

So the interior unit all together was below average and that year was where Lamar started to develop his bad habits in the pocket from the inconsistent IOL pressure. Whether that’s on coaching for not developing a better IOL unit or front office for consistently throwing darts on day 3 picks vs getting an elite IOL option? Whose to say.

The OT situation was pretty solid in theory but just didn’t work out according to plan. Brown Jr was terribly out of shape to start and Stanley went from AP level in 19’ to fringe PB level to start 20’, then was warming up into legit PB level just as he went down. So the contingency plan of DJ Fluker became the actual plan and then Philips became part of the contingency.

2020 was closer to being a bad OL than a good one; the IOL was a legitimate weakness all season long. The injury to Stanley certainly couldn’t have been expected, though he had always been frequently dealing with minor injuries consistently. The continued day three investments we were making weren’t panning out; whether that’s coaching or the front office, the result falls on both. It all culminated in the OL being dominated by opposing DLs in back to back playoffs.

See this is where the disconnect is for me, I agree and certainly hammered more than anyone the ludicrous way we approached Tackle in 21'. I can't say that our FO somehow failed Lamar or our championship window though, and I don't know why anyone would. 

It's not EDC's fault that this club failed to win the SB in 19' or 20'.

2019 absolutely, but 2020 had issues that should’ve been diagnosed with the IOL from jump. It also would’ve been ideal to obtain Lamar another passing weapon. They were relying on Boykin who wasn’t particularly great in college from a production or tape analysis standpoint. He was a dart. They took another dart with Duvernay. Yet spent the true resources on an ILB, double dipping on it in fact. JKD is great and all but he’s not an actual weapon for Lamar, he’s a weapon for the offense.

The front office failed to provide Lamar with at least 3 capable playmakers in every season except 21’ which was the offseason where they crapped the bed with the OL.

Now my 20’ pick would’ve been Denzel Mims and based on what Mims has shown with the Jets, perhaps that wouldn’t have worked out. Some were fans of Higgins and he was equally available as a young upside player with more college production than Queen.

Some fans called for us to trade up for Justin Jefferson and that would’ve been a serious power play in retrospect. THAT would have been giving Lamar and the offense no excuse to not perform. They never did that. They tried to supply “just enough” resources to the offense so they could equally provide “just enough” resources to the defense.

Whereas they should’ve been prioritizing pass weapons and OL for their young developing QB and forcing the veteran coaches to craft a scheme that could best overcome any short comings. But they equally went all in with the “who cares if we have weapons, we’ll just run the opposing team into submission” route. They went all in on the offensive scheme, not all in on Lamar. And so they’re equally complicit in my book.

He completely rebuilt the OL, selected a 1st Round Center, and added two 4th Round TEs. You can't call that neglect or disregard for Lamar from any angle.

You can. Law of diminishing returns. The OL was excellently done, but we didn’t give Lamar the bag so as opposed to saying “we’re not giving you that now but we’ll give you elite weapons and a much improved OL and prove to us you deserve it.” As they did with Flacco by giving him Boldin, Torrey, Jacoby, Pitta, and Dickson with a decent OL.

They instead gave him the OL and then had no plan at WR… and I can only imagine that came across as a slight to Lamar at the end of the day. Like they were setting him up to fail and get a bargain.

DeMarcus Robinson was added after training camp, DeSean Jackson was added into the season… and those were arguably Lamar’s best WRs once Bateman went down. Duvernay as a weapon is better than Snead, but as a WR is worse. Proche was overhyped trash the front office over-relied on. Wallace hasn’t been good in the NFL. 

After the draft our WR situation was “rely on the same unit from last year minus Hollywood Brown.” That was an absolute failure. The TEs were never all going to work, it was just a cannibalized product. The front office realized they failed and tried packaging a bunch of TEs into “see we tried”.

They underestimated how aggressive other teams would be in solving their WR situations for their equally young QBs because they assumed other teams would operate off the same complacency that we have with our young QB in that regard.

Whats more all those TEs are simply going to also canibalize the role Duvernay could have had because now you’re asking him to be a boundary WR where he’s best in the slot. But how can you use him in the slot, when you’ve got 7 TEs you’re trying to find a place for within the offense? Or if you use Duv in the slot then you’re equally cannibalizing the resources spent on the TE position. Not to mention Proche was also another similarly “best in the slot” option to also be cannibalized.

Thats not on coaches and scheme. That’s on the selection of talent. All the weapons given to Lamar minus Hollywood and Boykin (dart) in 19’ and Bateman in 21’ were slot options. The slot WR and TEs are going to occupy the same space on the field and canibalize product. So if you’re going to trade away Hollywood then adding another boundary option was a necessity. They didn’t do that and waited until after training camp to add a few of those options, meaning Lamar didn’t have time to build any sort of chemistry with them. Nor does it allow the coaches the optimal time to figure out how we can best utilize the talent acquired. It’s so bad that UDFA options released after camp are being brought back into the fold because they realize this offense and it’s weapons are not it and are searching for any sort of spark.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

They underestimated how aggressive other teams would be in solving their WR situations for their equally young QBs because they assumed other teams would operate off the same complacency that we have with our young QB in that regard.

I don't think they did because they knew Arizona was trading for Hollywood and DeCosta said post draft he thought we could net a trade down with some team offering a haul for one of the four WRs(Williams, London, Olave, Wilson) at 14 who all ended up going before that pick. He also said they've figured out team are consistently reaching for WRs by about a round. - None of that strikes me as the FO being unaware of other teams aggressiveness towards the position. 

All the conspiratorial stuff aside about Lamar and his contract negotiations(which is a Biscotti thing not a EDC thing), it really just seems like a routine unfortunate sequence of events for a specific position. Which will happen. Clearly EDC and the FO want Lamar to have weapons, they've drafted two 1st Round WRs since he's become a starter. Just didn't work out this last draft, but we came away with some other really good players.

Bateman will be back next year and obviously we'll heavily reload at the position with little to no other major needs beyond WR & CB. 

42 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

All the weapons given to Lamar minus Hollywood and Boykin (dart) in 19’ and Bateman in 21’ were slot options.

DeCosta in an interview last year said he tasked the analytics department with identifying the strongest outside/boundary WR prospects in the 21' draft. Tylan Wallace and Rashod Bateman had very strong analytics backed boundary profiles as identified by said department. 

So that was a specific skillset he was at least trying to give Lamar. If you're looking to feel somewhat better about the situation.

I take all your points though DB, and am happy we've provided our fellow posters with some fun text walls to read 😆. Lets hammer those 23' WR prospects.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

I don't think they did because they knew Arizona was trading for Hollywood and DeCosta said post draft he thought we could net a trade down with some team offering a haul for one of the four WRs(Williams, London, Olave, Wilson) at 14 who all ended up going before that pick. He also said they've figured out team are consistently reaching for WRs by about a round. - None of that strikes me as the FO being unaware of other teams aggressiveness towards the position. 

All the conspiratorial stuff aside about Lamar and his contract negotiations(which is a Biscotti thing not a EDC thing), it really just seems like a routine unfortunate sequence of events for a specific position. Which will happen. Clearly EDC and the FO want Lamar to have weapons, they've drafted two 1st Round WRs since he's become a starter. Just didn't work out this last draft, but we came away with some other really good players.

Bateman will be back next year and obviously we'll heavily reload at the position with little to no other major needs beyond WR & CB. 

DeCosta in an interview last year said he tasked the analytics department with identifying the strongest outside/boundary WR prospects in the 21' draft. Tylan Wallace and Rashod Bateman had very strong analytics backed boundary profiles as identified by said department. 

So that was a specific skillset he was at least trying to give Lamar. If you're looking to feel somewhat better about the situation.

I take all your points though DB, and am happy we've provided our fellow posters with some fun text walls to read 😆. Lets hammer those 23' WR prospects.

Best believe we will be watching tape. I think EDC just wanted to give us another season of watching WR tape and getting all hyped about who we might pick only to not pick any of our hyped options and go with some random 4th round pick.

A lineage that extends all the way back to the great Jim Harbaugh. 😂

Granted as I was doing my pre-eval for this upcoming class I wasn’t nearly as excited as I was for the 22 class. Which is part of why I was strongly positioned in the Christian Watson sweepstakes because he represented to me that point of demarcation where the talent drop off would be too great for it to matter for the 22 class and the unlikely prospect of us grabbing a difference maker from the 23 class.

Whereas the defensive prospects looked like they would be pretty strong throughout. So I was willing to sacrifice an Ojabo, Jones, and Kolar because DL reinforcements is easy enough to figure out and we already had some solid depth. Ojabo was going to be a pick for 23 anyway and Kolar/Likely was redundant ammunition that would only canibalize.

Now obviously I didn’t know who the players would turn out to be drafted, but still in retrospect it doesn’t particularly change my calculus. Especially since Bisciotti has his dumb rule that would’ve realistically prevented us from targeting a sour note option like George Pickens.

But yeah, nice debate. I don’t fully agree, but I can always appreciate a well argued point.

• Like 1

Was totally unaware Roquan Smith had a SA accusation against him earlier this year, from a woman claiming to be underage at the time no less. Originated on Tik Tok(videos of exchanged messages, video of visit to hospital for r*pe kit) and the original videos are hard to find right now, but it was apparently a notable enough issue(as any SA accusation should be) to where the Chicago Bears looked into the situation according to reports. They seemed to believe it was BS and no legitimate press picked up on it- which is likely why it's sooo under the radar.

I didn't know about this and only found out because I noticed an off color comment from a salty Steelers fan on twitter today. The organization has totally rejected any players with red flags for a long time. The biggest exception was probably Tim Williams and that went down in flames. It's exceptionally hard to believe they wouldn't do their due diligence but a 25 YO All Pro doesn't often hit the trade block and windows can close quickly so you can't be 100% about anything. 

Everyone is innocent until proven guilty or until damning evidence emerges but it's important we're all aware of even the accusation. Clearly nothing has come of it but that doesn't mean for sure nothing bad happened. There is some measure of evidence he was in contact with an underage girl which is disturbing in and of itself, it's unclear if he knew that though. The alleged incident taking place in a foreign country(South Africa) adds another clouding aspect. 

I don't think we need to get into any large discussion over the issue and frankly I hated even looking for details about the situation. It's horrifically dark subject matter. After a big game though for Roquan personally and with it being around the holidays some in here might be considering a jersey purchase for them or someone close. I wouldn't want anyone to make that purchase and then be blindsided by this information. We can't know everything about these players or their lives outside the game. Who they are on the field and in front of cameras can be completely different than who they really are. -- To be clear -- No major media/news organizations picked the story up, the Bears didn't find anything after apparently looking into the situation(according to reports from some Bears' media accounts who may or may not be reputable), and to this point there haven't been any formal charges filed.-- Still, I wanted everyone in here to be aware. 

Edited by DreamKid
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Was totally unaware Roquan Smith had a SA accusation against him earlier this year, from a woman claiming to be underage at the time no less. Originated on Tik Tok(videos of exchanged messages, video of visit to hospital for r*pe kit) and the original videos are hard to find right now, but it was apparently a notable enough issue(as any SA accusation should be) to where the Chicago Bears looked into the situation according to reports. They seemed to believe it was BS and no legitimate press picked up on it- which is likely why it's sooo under the radar.

I didn't know about this and only found out because I noticed an off color comment from a salty Steelers fan on twitter today. The organization has totally rejected any players with red flags for a long time. The biggest exception was probably Tim Williams and that went down in flames. It's exceptionally hard to believe they wouldn't do their due diligence but a 25 YO All Pro doesn't often hit the trade block and windows can close quickly so you can't be 100% about anything. 

Everyone is innocent until proven guilty or until damning evidence emerges but it's important we're all aware of even the accusation. Clearly nothing has come of it but that doesn't mean for sure nothing bad happened. There is some measure of evidence he was in contact with an underage girl which is disturbing in and of itself, it's unclear if he knew that though. The alleged incident taking place in a foreign country(South Africa) adds another clouding aspect. 

I don't think we need to get into any large discussion over the issue and frankly I hated even looking for details about the situation. It's horrifically dark subject matter. After a big game though for Roquan personally and with it being around the holidays some in here might be considering a jersey purchase for them or someone close. I wouldn't want anyone to make that purchase and then be blindsided by this information. We can't know everything about these players or their lives outside the game. Who they are on the field and in front of cameras can be completely different than who they really are. -- To be clear -- No major media/news organizations picked the story up, the Bears didn't find anything after apparently looking into the situation(according to reports from some Bears' media accounts who may or may not be reputable), and to this point there haven't been any formal charges filed.-- Still, I wanted everyone in here to be aware. 

There seem to be some legit reasons for media to not have picked this up. The tiktok video you are referring to talking about having evidence.... the evidence mentioned doesn't actually exist anywhere. It's just that tiktok video you saw. There's nothing in the video connecting anything from or with Roquon. Also the username of the uploader is er... suspect and the account is gone.

As you said, the matter is serious and we shouldn't completely discredit actuations, but there isn't anything I was able to find that says this has anything backing it other than someone creating something on the internet. Nor is there anything that says the Bears even looked into this; where did you see that?

Edited by wackywabbit

35 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

There seem to be some legit reasons for media to not have picked this up. The tiktok video you are referring to talking about having evidence.... the evidence mentioned doesn't actually exist anywhere. It's just that tiktok video you saw. There's nothing in the video connecting anything from or with Roquon. Also the username of the uploader is er... suspect and the account is gone.

As you said, the matter is serious and we shouldn't completely discredit actuations, but there isn't anything I was able to find that says this has anything backing it other than someone creating something on the internet. Nor is there anything that says the Bears even looked into this; where did you see that?

For those interested in what me and Wacky are talking about: Maybe I should've posted the links but I really didn't want to turn it into too much of a thing. The top post on the 2nd page of the Bear's FF thread on it details a lot of the stuff I saw after extensive searching(there's also an embedded tweet in there with some of the TikTok stuff)- https://forums.footballsfuture.com/topic/43540-roquan-is-being-accused-of-rape/page/2/. In that thread they also talk about and show a tweet from a Bears' media blog mentioning the team is aware of the situation. In that tweet's comments there's a girl who's legit from South Africa claiming to be the accusers friend and she confirms a meeting between Roquan and the girl happened- https://twitter.com/IsabellaLudlam/status/1529513118300348416. By her somewhat vague wording it's unclear whether she's backing up the SA accusation or not though.

All of it is weird and not typically how accusations go down, but it's still an accusation. The most credible aspect of which is him being in contact with an underage girl(Which as I said, we don't know if he knew or not).

Again, I just wanted to share that this was out there. Felt it was a situation everyone in here should be aware of, but it's also one to keep in context- as nothing has come from it. 

The NFL should make all 16 positional interconference games each year neutral site games, whether they are in the US or in another country.

Domestic neutral site games don't have to be played in just stadiums meant for football. If a non-football venue is large enough, it can be repurposed to host an occasional football game - if the Battle at Bristol is any indication.

With this in mind, should Lamar Jackson remain with the Ravens, the game the Ravens have against an NFC North team next year should be played at Churchill Downs in Louisville - which would mark a homecoming for Jackson, since he played college football for the Louisville Cardinals. With the Ravens currently in first, they'd currently be in line to play the Vikings next year, which could be an attractive SNF matchup, even more so if the game is at Churchill Downs, since NBC also broadcasts the Kentucky Derby.

• Like 1