2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

2 hours ago, salmar80 said:

Considering our 2016 draft class DOES have players worth re-signing, I'm not gonna expect a similar haul of players from other teams next off-season.

We are also taking the Perry hit this season, which will clear some money for 2020.  But if this draft and FA class are hits we may not need that much.  Clark deserves to get paid, and most likely will.  Spriggs probably moves on if he doesn't see significant playing time this season.  Lowry and Martinez are keepers, and probably not prohibitively expensive.  Fackrell will net us the first ever first round comp pick when he gets 56 sacks this season and signs the first 50 million per year contract.

We shouldn't need to hit FA so hard next offseason, but I think we will be able to if needed.

Team is in 'okay" cap shape for next year, without the release of Graham.  Not great, but okay.  Certainly better than I thought they would be when the second year of these free agent deals kick in.

Anyone here honestly think that Clark gets the 5'th year team option?  Why would you do that?  He's proven his worth.  Next year is the time to use that 5'th year option as a starting point on a new deal.  I fully expect Clark to get extended next year, not optioned.  I think you option a guy to see what he really is.  I think we know what Clark is already.  He's earned that long term deal.

7 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Team is in 'okay" cap shape for next year, without the release of Graham.  Not great, but okay.  Certainly better than I thought they would be when the second year of these free agent deals kick in.

Anyone here honestly think that Clark gets the 5'th year team option?  Why would you do that?  He's proven his worth.  Next year is the time to use that 5'th year option as a starting point on a new deal.  I fully expect Clark to get extended next year, not optioned.  I think you option a guy to see what he really is.  I think we know what Clark is already.  He's earned that long term deal.

What's the benefit of the 5th year option if you don't use it?

Sign him during the bye week next year or before week 1 like Rodgers/Bahk.

Just now, gopackgo247 said:

honestly that would be ideal for Clay to go home and finish his career in LA, plus a chance to for a ring as soon as this season.

Lol, Rams are so cooked it's not even funny.  They're following the same trajectory the Falcons took after losing to the Patriots. 

Rams won't even make the playoffs this year. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Lol, Rams are so cooked it's not even funny.  They're following the same trajectory the Falcons took after losing to the Patriots. 

Rams won't even make the playoffs this year. 

Agreed. I expect a 2018 Vikings type season for them. That ship is sinking fast.

1 minute ago, BlondeonBlonde said:

The amount of Bears fans saying HHCD would be a major upgrade over Amos is shocking to me. Do we put the homer blinders on that bad too?

HHCD did play some pretty high end football in year 2, then he kind of shut it down.  It's not totally different from how he played out of his mind at Bama his penultimate year and was pretty meh his final year.  If I was an NFL team I'd offer him a "prove-it" deal just to see what happens.

2 minutes ago, BlondeonBlonde said:

The amount of Bears fans saying HHCD would be a major upgrade over Amos is shocking to me. Do we put the homer blinders on that bad too?

Yeah, we kinda do too.  Funny how Redskins fans are totally ready to wash their hands of HHCD also, LOL.