2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

12 minutes ago, FAH1223 said:

We also have the most unaccomplished group of WRs in the NFL.

Who's out slot WR? Who's stretching the defense?

Trevor Davis is our fastest WR. This is sad. 

Davis is not our fastest WR. Based on 40 time, MVS is faster than Davis.  

Based on play speed, I would argue MVS is much faster than Davis as well.

Even EQ has decent speed.  The young guys just need more experience, so I would expect that they will be far better this year than last.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, FAH1223 said:

Is he? I was under the impression MVS was..? I'd say EQ and Davante will see a large number of slot plays. Davante bout to have a 1500 15 TD year boiiii. All of our WR's have the ability to go deep. Allison is a good safety net if not a 1 of the 3 2nd year players can take a step and be a number 2. Aaron loves Kumerow, which we all know will take you far.

Turn on the Third Eye Blind, man, it'll be oook.

If there's somebody here who thinks MVS doesn't stretch the field, that somebody ought not be given the time it takes to post a response.  I swear, if MVS had been a first round pick, there wouldn't be a soul here NOT predicting 10 touchdowns and 1,000 yards out of him this year. 

Go back and look at Randall Cobb threads after his 25 reception (15 yard average) and 1 TD rookie season. 

Go back and look at James Jones after his 47 reception (14.4 yard average) and 2 TD rookie season.  He was Jerry Rice.

Go back and look at Greg Jennings after his 45 reception (14 yard average) and 3 TD rookie season.  He was Marvin Harrison. 

MVS had 13 more receptions for a higher average than Cobb.
MVS had 9 less receptions and a full yard more per catch than Jones.
MVS had 7 less receptions for a yard plus more per catch than Jennings.

All of that on less targets than any of them. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

If there's somebody here who thinks MVS doesn't stretch the field, that somebody ought not be given the time it takes to post a response.  I swear, if MVS had been a first round pick, there wouldn't be a soul here NOT predicting 10 touchdowns and 1,000 yards out of him this year. 

Go back and look at Randall Cobb threads after his 25 reception (15 yard average) and 1 TD rookie season. 

Go back and look at James Jones after his 47 reception (14.4 yard average) and 2 TD rookie season.  He was Jerry Rice.

Go back and look at Greg Jennings after his 45 reception (14 yard average) and 3 TD rookie season.  He was Marvin Harrison. 

I hope MVS stacks his rookie prep and makes a significant 2nd year jump.

Nobody will be talking about drafting a WR in 2020 then.

• Like 2

Just now, incognito_man said:

I hope MVS stacks his rookie prep and makes a significant 2nd year jump.

Nobody will be talking about drafting a WR in 2020 then.

You have been around long enough to know the pilots and gym rats will want a WR.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Davis is not our fastest WR. Based on 40 time, MVS is faster than Davis.  

Based on play speed, I would argue MVS is much faster than Davis as well.

Even EQ has decent speed.  The young guys just need more experience, so I would expect that they will be far better this year than last.

MVS 4.37

EQ 4.48

Davis 4.42

Also... force Rodgers to do more with less. It’s the New England model. He isn’t on the field when the defense is... so that needs to be the focus.

Also let’s not forget, TE and RB hopefully become a thing in the Lafleur, which makes running 6 deep at WR less of a need.

56 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

If he was a higher draft pick the doubters would be ennamored with him

1 hour ago, FAH1223 said:

Adams came in 5th for All-Pro voting - and the guy in 4th will probably never play again. 

Are you not entertained ?

2 minutes ago, fistfullofbeer said:

If there is anything to be concerned about with our WR’s it’s lack of converting catches to TD’s.

Adams had 13 TD’s. After that, there were 4 receivers tied at 2.

We've got three guys who are ENTERING their second year. All have a ton of upside. The second year is the biggest leap a receiver makes and these three are going to light it up. Kumerow and Allison are very capable of contributing as well. 

Our WR position is the least of our worries.